Ammo Recommendations for Suppressed 16" AR .22LR?

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Ammo Recommendations for Suppressed 16" AR .22LR?

Post by Wahoo95 »

Picking up one of those Dedicated .22LR Uppers and would like ammo recommendations for Suppressed 16" AR .22LR? Looking for something that is Quiet and Reliable. Good accuracy would be a plus too?
Last edited by Wahoo95 on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Hoos!!!!
Jmark
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jmark »

CCI Standard velocity or CCI Subsonic if it will cycle reliably. The subsonic is usually a little cheaper by the case pricing.
chili17
Elite Member

Post by chili17 »

winchester dyanapoints
no4mk1t
Silent But Deadly

Post by no4mk1t »

Wolf Match Target runs great and is very accurate in my dedicated upper.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference.
Harry S. Truman
Artful
Silent But Deadly

Post by Artful »

Aguila Subsonic SE - but like most 22LR you really should pick up a bunch of different standard velocity/subsonic ammo to try and see what it likes.
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

Guess I will have to do that............just wanna make sure i'm picking up stiff that will be quiet with a can.
Go Hoos!!!!
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Some of the standard vel stuff will go trans sonic or super sonic. Don't buy a case till you know what works.. Aguila Subsonic SE are my favorite now. Extraction problems with one lot of 40 gr with my 10/22.

However the 38 gr HP's I got extract 100%... the 40 gr ones I have a brick will not extract at all in my 10/22. (measured the rim and they are smaller) :-(

I use them in my bolt rifle now.

Remingtons work OK but are a little louder but stay sub sonic.

I am amazed at the difference in sound between my P-22 with a short barrel. Most any ammo will shoot reliably and be subsonic, in my 5" High Standard all of the non sub sonic ammo goes super sonic. The added 2" kills it for usage with bulk pack ammo for sub sonic usage. In the P-22 it's all quiet.

I have to get a box of Dyna Points and see how they perform.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
delbert
Silent But Deadly

Post by delbert »

The dynapoints work well. They stay subsonic and
I rarely get a bad round.
match
Silent Operator

Post by match »

Plus, the bullet is copper coated, which will reduce leading in your barrel (not sure sbout leading in the suppressor). The dynapoints are my favorite bulk ammo round, as they function reliably in my S&W model 41.