LMT Piston Weapon System

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

.357sigger
Silent But Deadly

LMT Piston Weapon System

Post by .357sigger »

What have you boys heard about them...rumor has it that they will be out very soon. It sounds like it will be sweet! What say you? :lol:
bmanka
Silent But Deadly

Post by bmanka »

I don't think they have been released yet. I like the monolithic rail concept and the quick change barrel. The gas piston is the icing on the cake.
Patriot In Training
.357sigger
Silent But Deadly

Post by .357sigger »

I will definitely be looking hard at them when they come out. From what I have read, they will only be a little bit more than the reg MRP...
SFCat66
Silent But Deadly

Post by SFCat66 »

28 weeks and counting. Ordered them a few days after SHOT 08.
"Normal is a cycle on a washing machine"

SFCat66
Braidon
Silent But Deadly

Post by Braidon »

I am really not sold on the whole piston system concept, its a good idea but the heat and residue is still going somewhere, now its just on a part that is not standard throughout the industry. If I break something on my Armalite I can grab either one of 5.56 Noveske's or my Colt and pull that piece off and slap it on or vice- versa but not with a proprietary piston system. Sure the heat is going somewhere else but it is still there and so is the gunk coming off the weapon. I dunno I am not sold on it, I will stick with the original until there is a standard piston system out there. Enough with my rant... though I have to say if I was gonna get one it would be a LMT, they of all people know what they are doing.