Silencertalk AR Picture Thread

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

uspc9mm wrote:Thanks, Is that the 3.25 inch version you have?

Do you like it? It seems like it would stay more out of the way during reloads better than other bottom mounted sling attachment points.
I have the 3.25, but if I was buying again I'd get the 6.25 and double it over. The 3.25 is just a little too loose, but doubling over the 6.25 should make it tighter.
WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Quick photo. I just picked it up a couple hours ago. The flare launcher is useless :lol:

ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

Looks good Paco.

:D
NFAtalk.org
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Before anyone says something, that magazine is pinned to 10rds so it's legal. The colors match in sunlight; the camera flash makes it look different.
cwilliams
Elite Member

Post by cwilliams »

paco ramirez wrote:Thanks :D

Before anyone says something, that magazine is pinned to 10rds so it's legal. The colors match in sunlight; the camera flash makes it look different.
paco..........you really need to get out of there man.
c_bass16
Silent But Deadly

Post by c_bass16 »

just testing out the 800m range we set up. I cant quite hit the 1k mark consistant with my .243WSSM but its great having your own 200, 400, 600, 800 m spots to shoot from...i will take the easy way out and blame it on my loads because 800m is no trouble haha.

.243WSSM, Harris Bipod, Gemtech HVT, Barska SWAT 10-40x50, CAA Sniper Stock, ERGO Tactical Deluxe Grip, Custom Trigger
Last edited by c_bass16 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Teppo458

Post by Teppo458 »

paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

What's this?
Teppo458 wrote: Image
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

My guess would be .224Boz
[b]Sharp Knives and Quiet Guns[/b]

Inside Sales - Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
Teppo458

Post by Teppo458 »

paco ramirez wrote:What's this?
Hey Paco! Been reading your "K-baffle by a 16'yr old" thread with GREAT interest... I may hit you up for some assistance if you are still offering that service.

As to the cartridge in the picture, it is not the .224 Boz, but very close. It is the .22 Reed Express, which is the 7.62x25 necked to .223. Slightly higher velocity than the .224 Boz, but essentially the same. We work with Ron Reed and chambered the first two AR barrels in this caliber. The customer who has the long barrel (the one in the picture is our 10.5") subsequently developed the 17 RE, for which we are currently making a barrel.

Ron offers CZ52 barrel in this caliber, as well as loaded ammo. Lot of fun to shoot, great "up close and personal" cartridge. I WISH I could get it to fit in an 1911 frame....
technique408

Post by technique408 »

Teppo458 wrote:
Oh man.....OPS? Was that made for you or??? Is that .458?

I gotta get a hold of you soon. I just saw some pics of a 18in R700 SPS in .458S and put it on my short list, s--t...I thought the TC was bad ass! As luck would have it I happen to have a SPS in .308 just sitting around NIB:lol:

Paco, nice build man! Didn't see you post that up on CGN. Congrats!

Well I just had to say that but while I am in here I suppose I should contribute.

I know, I know....Barrel mounted sling with a freefloat, WTF am I thinking :lol:

Since this photo I have put XTM panels on and replaced the Tango5 with a BAD
mrdiameter

Post by mrdiameter »

Still working on it
Ill kill ya, then ill eat you too.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Teppo458 wrote:
paco ramirez wrote:What's this?
Hey Paco! Been reading your "K-baffle by a 16'yr old" thread with GREAT interest... I may hit you up for some assistance if you are still offering that service.

As to the cartridge in the picture, it is not the .224 Boz, but very close. It is the .22 Reed Express, which is the 7.62x25 necked to .223. Slightly higher velocity than the .224 Boz, but essentially the same. We work with Ron Reed and chambered the first two AR barrels in this caliber. The customer who has the long barrel (the one in the picture is our 10.5") subsequently developed the 17 RE, for which we are currently making a barrel.

Ron offers CZ52 barrel in this caliber, as well as loaded ammo. Lot of fun to shoot, great "up close and personal" cartridge. I WISH I could get it to fit in an 1911 frame....
Sure, just let me know what you need :D

That round is very interesting. Is the magazine custom done?
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

technique408 wrote: Paco, nice build man! Didn't see you post that up on CGN. Congrats!

I forgot to put it on there. I have changed it around a bit (new stock, no launcher, more panels, VFG, MS2, ASAP, 51T Blackout) and it looks a lot better now.
c_bass16
Silent But Deadly

Sniper in training

Post by c_bass16 »

I think I got a shooter here...she didn't want anything to do with her cabbage patch kid or bike...but she sure wanted to learn how to shoot. She insists on putting her eye up to the scope, but that won't take long to fix.

Hurdle the dead, Trample the weak, and let the good times roll.
PSI

Post by PSI »

[img]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/psi2006/IHSV-1.png[/img] Fighting Fundamental Islamic Jihadists Since 1118 [img]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/psi2006/IHSV-1.png[/img]
Just because you're Islamophobic, doesn't mean they're not out to kill you.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

NFAtalk.org
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
M4MAN

Post by M4MAN »

45XDC

Post by 45XDC »

Image[/img]
M4MAN

Post by M4MAN »

new stock and trigger guard

rob_s
Silent But Deadly

Post by rob_s »

WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET
Fireman1291
Silent But Deadly

Post by Fireman1291 »

paco ramirez wrote:Quick photo. I just picked it up a couple hours ago. The flare launcher is useless :lol:

hahaha. I just noticed the writing on the dust cover. Badass. Is that laser engraved? :lol:
Industry T&E
https://www.youtube.com/nfareviewchannelusa
Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/NFAreviewchannel
Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nfareview
silentobsession
Elite Member

Post by silentobsession »

Fireman1291 wrote: hahaha. I just noticed the writing on the dust cover. Badass. Is that laser engraved? :lol:
Noveske used to sell them. I haven't seen them on their site for a while now though :(