Any reviews/thoughts on the SBX 10/22 barrel?

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

CKxx

Any reviews/thoughts on the SBX 10/22 barrel?

Post by CKxx »

I think it looks like a cool idea. I have a regular tacsol 10/22 barrel and like it a lot, but would love to make the package a tad shorter.
twzadms
Silent But Deadly

Post by twzadms »

I love it
mizzu
Silent But Deadly

SBX Barrel

Post by mizzu »

Real purty, but higher than camel nuts. I am looking for a threaded 1:9 twist. Guess I will have to wait till the wars over though.
unknownuser

Post by unknownuser »

I like mine looks good shoots stright a little pricey
doesnt fit in all stocks i had to modify my stock a little
with a dremel
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

I like both of mine and they shoot great groups.
50 yrd 10 shot group with the AR22 SBX
redtazdog
Elite Member

Re: SBX Barrel

Post by redtazdog »

mizzu wrote:Real purty, but higher than camel nuts. I am looking for a threaded 1:9 twist. Guess I will have to wait till the wars over though.
here ya go and there may be others :wink:
http://www.hi-desertdog.com/index.php?_ ... oductId=86
CKxx

Post by CKxx »

That 10/22 does look pretty good. I'm going to keep an eye out for one of these.

....want to part with it? :D
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

CKxx wrote:That 10/22 does look pretty good. I'm going to keep an eye out for one of these.

....want to part with it? :D
LOL
The way both of mine shoot !
I dont think i can let them go to a new home because these guns are like
my kids, they give me permagrins :D when I hold them.
3 and 5 shot groups are half the size of the groups in the picture,
my shooting skills made the group bigger :oops:
Pick the parts you like and build yourself one
Good shooting 10/22's are very easy to build.
EContractingInc
Senior Silent Operator

Post by EContractingInc »

I love mine! Just Finished it!

EContractingInc
Senior Silent Operator

Post by EContractingInc »

RedTazDog how did you get the SBX in a AR upper?
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

EContractingInc wrote:RedTazDog how did you get the SBX in a AR upper?
I had Tom at TacSol make a custom SBX barrel build for me.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

I have an sbx for sale ... if anyone is interested.... just purchased a Norrell 10/22 full auto and it will come with a 12 inch integrally suppressed barrel... so i will no longer need this one....

if interested.. give me a shout... I paid $285 plus tax for it... i'll let it go for $250... pics available...
Crosshair
Silent But Deadly

Post by Crosshair »

What is the largest can you can fit in it? A neat way to get an SBR length suppressed gun using a muzzle can.
redtazdog
Elite Member

Post by redtazdog »

Crosshair wrote:What is the largest can you can fit in it? A neat way to get an SBR length suppressed gun using a muzzle can.
1 inch like most 22lr cans.
Chadwell

Post by Chadwell »

well i'm a newb here and i'm getting an AAC Element (1st suppressor!)

anywhoo, i was wondering a couple things:

1) is the SBX the only barrel of it's kind? obviously i'm trying to avoid the SBR stamp but want to keep it short. any other short barrels with pinned shrouds on the market?

2) does anyone know if the element will fit in the SBX? i know the element's dimensions say 1 inch, but the front and rear diameters are larger than the rest... not sure which they are measuring...

also i have an unrelated question but yall might be able to help with this as well:

does butler creek make a sidefolder to fit a 920 bull barrel? going on the short theme i'd like to get the BC sidefolder or something similar (without paying a boatload of money)

Thanks!
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

I have a SBX in a Buttler Creek sider folder and it's just a little big in diameter. It works, but I should probably grind out the stock and free float it. Love it just the same. Not only does it save the SBR tax, it also saves having to get permission to take it from state to state.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
Diomed
Silent But Deadly

Post by Diomed »

Chadwell wrote:1) is the SBX the only barrel of it's kind? obviously i'm trying to avoid the SBR stamp but want to keep it short. any other short barrels with pinned shrouds on the market?
Haven't seen any, but it's such an obvious idea someone has to have done it. Even if just as a garage project.
2) does anyone know if the element will fit in the SBX? i know the element's dimensions say 1 inch, but the front and rear diameters are larger than the rest... not sure which they are measuring...
What's the Element's diameter? I know the Mite and Spectre fit with room to spare.
Chadwell

Post by Chadwell »

Davo5o wrote:I have a SBX in a Buttler Creek sider folder and it's just a little big in diameter. It works, but I should probably grind out the stock and free float it. Love it just the same. Not only does it save the SBR tax, it also saves having to get permission to take it from state to state.
do you have any pics by chance? i would really really like to see it... i was thinking about getting one and grinding it down, but didn't want to spend hours with a dremmel and end up with a useless stock that i screwed up.
Diomed wrote: Haven't seen any, but it's such an obvious idea someone has to have done it. Even if just as a garage project.
damn... they're just pricy... trying to find ways to cut down costs... either way i believe i will end up with an SBX
What's the Element's diameter? I know the Mite and Spectre fit with room to spare.
the website says 1" but both the front and rear are larger in diameter, i'm not sure which measurement they are going by. http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=109
dcal

element fits

Post by dcal »

the element fits in the SBX.
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

I've seen the same concept applied to an UZI barrel. I'm actually having one done for my uzi as well.

All you need to do is take your old 10/22 barrel, cut it at 12", and thread, then weld a 4" barrel shroud onto the end. Tada, now you own a custom SBX that only cost about 50-100$ to thread and whatever else depending on your own skills or who you know.

The one thing I'd say about why the SBX is worth the money. Is because it's so damn light. Makes the whole gun feel like a feather. Unless you put a super heavy scope on.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
Chadwell

Post by Chadwell »

Davo5o wrote:I've seen the same concept applied to an UZI barrel. I'm actually having one done for my uzi as well.

All you need to do is take your old 10/22 barrel, cut it at 12", and thread, then weld a 4" barrel shroud onto the end. Tada, now you own a custom SBX that only cost about 50-100$ to thread and whatever else depending on your own skills or who you know.

The one thing I'd say about why the SBX is worth the money. Is because it's so damn light. Makes the whole gun feel like a feather. Unless you put a super heavy scope on.
i was looking at the pics of the uzi you're referring to on here, nice setup.

quality wise i think i'd probably be served best with the SBX (*though thoughts in the back of my head say i have a couple extra 10/22 barrels lying around...*)

anyways, thanks for the info man, i appriceate you taking some time to help a noob.
dcal wrote:the element fits in the SBX.
do you have them together? have you seen them together in person? have you measured the outside of the element?

sorry just want a bit more info before i pull the trigger on a $250+ barrel
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

Where are those UZI pictures at?

I can't find them anymore.

Thanks
Chadwell

Post by Chadwell »

Davo5o wrote:Where are those UZI pictures at?

I can't find them anymore.

Thanks
viewtopic.php?t=36149&highlight=

there ya go (pretty sure that's the one we're talking about)... thanks for your help, if you get a chance i'd love to see pics of your SBX with Butler Creek sidefolder.
doubloon
Silent But Deadly

Post by doubloon »

Diomed wrote:
Chadwell wrote:1) is the SBX the only barrel of it's kind? obviously i'm trying to avoid the SBR stamp but want to keep it short. any other short barrels with pinned shrouds on the market?
Haven't seen any, but it's such an obvious idea someone has to have done it. Even if just as a garage project.
Have the SBX ... love it.

I will confess I'm currently having this done to a Camp 9 to fit 6+"x1.375-" cans. We'll see how it turns out, if I like it I keep it, if not off it goes to GB or the next local gun show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDtd2jNIwAU MUSAFAR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI This is Water DavidW
Complete Form 1s http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=79895
coyote223
Silent But Deadly

Post by coyote223 »

For the guys that own an SBX. Does standard velocity ammo stay sub sonic?

Thx :)