10/22 that fires faster.

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Mtdew
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mtdew »

1928A1 wrote:Good points, but I will still get a good laugh out of the pissed off bunch. This thing is obviously a MG conversion part.
It has a atf approval letter. the barreled action (incluging trigger) slides rearward and then a spring pushes it back to it's starting position. .Your finger is the auto sear but since it's your finger it's not a mg

The problem w/ pricing it "out of reach" is that anyone w/ a mill, router and a spare g3 recoil spring will just build one. granted that should still stop the riff raf from buying it.
Mtdew
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mtdew »

1928A1 wrote:I wonder if they have done any longevity tests. It appears to beat the gun up pretty bad from the videos I have seen. It will be interesting to see how this works out in the long haul.
the guy w/ the "fan/info" site claims to have 40K through his
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

Mtdew wrote:
1928A1 wrote:Good points, but I will still get a good laugh out of the pissed off bunch. This thing is obviously a MG conversion part.
It has a atf approval letter. the barreled action (incluging trigger) slides rearward and then a spring pushes it back to it's starting position. .Your finger is the auto sear but since it's your finger it's not a mg
You are ignoring history. We have been down this road many, many times.
Mtdew wrote:
The problem w/ pricing it "out of reach" is that anyone w/ a mill, router and a spare g3 recoil spring will just build one. granted that should still stop the riff raf from buying it.
I would be shocked if 5 people made one. More talk than action. A few lawsuits will shut them down easily.
jonharoy
Elite Member

Post by jonharoy »

renegade wrote: I would be shocked if 5 people made one. More talk than action. A few lawsuits will shut them down easily.
For a $1000 a pop I think a lot of people will try. The only problem in my view is the stock. The device itself is not rocket science. I do not think there patent can be used to stop someone from making one and if they started that, that big profit would start to melt like an ice cube on a hot plate.
Mtdew
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mtdew »

renegade wrote:
Mtdew wrote:
You are ignoring history. We have been down this road many, many times.
Mtdew wrote:
I would be shocked if 5 people made one. More talk than action. A few lawsuits will shut them down easily.
there will be no lawsuits unless someone is selling them. IIRC a person can build a patented item for r&d. so someone wants to add a barrel guide, build the slide out of Al And and use bronze bushings to reduce friction... or... have you seen the bumpfire attachments for the ak's people have also made them for ar's and s/a mp5 clones

as far as the atf changing it's mind.. well they could and your right they have in the past... but it follows the letter of the law. they looked at it and said it's not a mg but a device to increase the speed of S/A fire.. well it does that. there is still only one shot for every trigger pull. now untill they change the definition if what a mg is they will have a hard time calling it a mg and banning it. they would allmost have to rule that bumpfiring was a mg conversion.....
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

his sells for 1000.

REAL ones sell for 10,000

that's quite the deal...................... :wink:

I can't understand the "he should sell it cheaper" idiology
NFAtalk.org
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

renegade wrote:
bp_968 wrote:
rsilvers wrote:If that is true, he should have an $800 discount for those who show proof of having a tax stamp.

Sadly, it is priced out of my price range.

Part of the pleasure of owning a MG is owning a MG. Not just something that has a trick to fire fast. I only want to spend a lot on something with lasting value.
Priced out of your price range? Thats laughable.
A $25 hamburger at McDonalds is out of my price range, but that does not mean I cannot afford it.

??????

:?:

:roll:
NFAtalk.org
Mtdew
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mtdew »

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:his sells for 1000.

REAL ones sell for 10,000

that's quite the deal...................... :wink:

I can't understand the "he should sell it cheaper" idiology

real ones sell for 10k because you cant just go out and make more

you could build EITHER one for less then $10 (not including a new stock). but one has a unlimited supply and one dosent. one will go up in value one wil not.

he can sell it for what ever he chooses... but comparing the price to a real fixed supply F/A is like comparing diamonds to cubic zirconim.. hell both look the same i wonder why everyone would rather have a diamond?? :shock:
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Mtdew wrote: he can sell it for what ever he chooses... but comparing the price to a real fixed supply F/A is like comparing diamonds to cubic zirconim.. hell both look the same i wonder why everyone would rather have a diamond?? :shock:
+1 (whatever that means).

It is not a machinegun. Also it is just a .22. I never bought one of those Norrell packs because it is still a 10/22. I like MP5s, UZIs, M16s, etc.

However, if I could not have MGs, it is possible I would want one. I can't transpose myself into that mindset. I know if I could not have silencers and someone found a way to make something that was not technicaly a silencer but made a gun 10+ dB quieter I might want one. So while I don't want to biy one for $1200, I am not gonna talk anyone out of it by any means.
MPfiveengineer
Silent But Deadly

Post by MPfiveengineer »

Each person should decide if $1200 for this is worth it to them. Robert decided no, I decided yes. I want a way to shoot .22 really fast and an HK sear. I was not crazy about spending $700-$1Kon a .22 conversion kit for an HK and hoping it worked on full-auto as well as probably having to buy another .22 can that I can take apart (1928A1 is right about one thing). With this device I can still have .22 fast fire without dropping $10K for a Norrell pack and delaying my purchase of an HK sear. So for me this is worth it. I can use the 10/22 I already have and the Norrell integral suppressor I already have.

I sent my payment on Monday and am very anxious to get this thing in my hands. I also already ordered a match hammer for my 10/22 that is suppose to bring the trigger pull down to 2.5lbf.
�A wise man will often simplify the complicated, while a fool will complicate the simple�
1928A1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1928A1 »

rsilvers wrote: It is not a machinegun. Also it is just a .22. I never bought one of those Norrell packs because it is still a 10/22.
You have never killed much of anything with a firearm anyway, and that's one of the main reasons that you don't understand the 22LR round. You have an open invitation to come with me and friends whenever you can and you will see what the full auto 10/22 and other full auto 22's can do. You would have to experience what I am talking about to understand it.
07FFL 02 SOT
delbert
Silent But Deadly

Post by delbert »

I live in a state where full auto is prohibited. That being the case this thing is very appealing to me. I look forward to hearing what MPfiveengineer has to say about it when he gets it.
MPfiveengineer
Silent But Deadly

Post by MPfiveengineer »

delbert wrote:I live in a state where full auto is prohibited. That being the case this thing is very appealing to me. I look forward to hearing what MPfiveengineer has to say about it when he gets it.
Sorry, I forgot to post but I already have mine. I also have to say I am considering sending it back. It is extremely finicky with my Norrell Integrally suppressed barrel (a very heavy barrel), and the plastic stock is pure garbage. I got the Pocket stock which I would advise any of you against, all they did is cut down the folding stock and did not do a good job of it. I also feel a lot of play in the folding part of the stock where it anchors to the rest of the stock. For $1200 dollars they really need to improve the stock.

As far as function goes, it works well with my Norrell barrel as long as I am aiming at something parallel with the ground, it runs about 700rpm when I do this. However if I aim down (about 20 deg from the ground) the cyclic rate goes to about 900rpm and tends to jam quite a bit. If I aim up (about 20 deg from the ground) the cyclic rate falls to about 500 rpm. If I aim up or down more than 20 deg from the ground it turns to a single shot only. I also tried the gun with a Butler Creek carbon fiber barrel and it was a single shot only unless I used Mini-mags and then it shot really fast and tended to jam. The best luck I had was with Remington bulk packs on the Norrell barrel. I did not try it with the factory barrel (recommended in the manual) since I do not own one and have little interest in shooting it without my Norrell suppressed barrel.

I would have to say it is a bit of a novelty and not really a substitution for a real FA. However, if I were in a state that allowed the Akins and not FA’s I would get the Akins and ask them about upgrading the stock.
�A wise man will often simplify the complicated, while a fool will complicate the simple�
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

MPfiveengineer wrote:
delbert wrote:I live in a state where full auto is prohibited. That being the case this thing is very appealing to me. I look forward to hearing what MPfiveengineer has to say about it when he gets it.
Sorry, I forgot to post but I already have mine. I also have to say I am considering sending it back. It is extremely finicky with my Norrell Integrally suppressed barrel (a very heavy barrel), and the plastic stock is pure garbage. I got the Pocket stock which I would advise any of you against, all they did is cut down the folding stock and did not do a good job of it. I also feel a lot of play in the folding part of the stock where it anchors to the rest of the stock. For $1200 dollars they really need to improve the stock.

As far as function goes, it works well with my Norrell barrel as long as I am aiming at something parallel with the ground, it runs about 700rpm when I do this. However if I aim down (about 20 deg from the ground) the cyclic rate goes to about 900rpm and tends to jam quite a bit. If I aim up (about 20 deg from the ground) the cyclic rate falls to about 500 rpm. If I aim up or down more than 20 deg from the ground it turns to a single shot only. I also tried the gun with a Butler Creek carbon fiber barrel and it was a single shot only unless I used Mini-mags and then it shot really fast and tended to jam. The best luck I had was with Remington bulk packs on the Norrell barrel. I did not try it with the factory barrel (recommended in the manual) since I do not own one and have little interest in shooting it without my Norrell suppressed barrel.

I would have to say it is a bit of a novelty and not really a substitution for a real FA. However, if I were in a state that allowed the Akins and not FA’s I would get the Akins and ask them about upgrading the stock.

Thank you for posting this.

:wink:
NFAtalk.org
1928A1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1928A1 »

Knew it wouldn't work in reality.

Sell the damn thing before ATF gets them all.
07FFL 02 SOT
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

Sorry to hear of your bad luck with it MP five, I was wondering about them, perhaps if you played around with different tensions with the springs, are they adjustable?
Perhaps its just a matter of tuning it?
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
MPfiveengineer
Silent But Deadly

Post by MPfiveengineer »

Thanks Hush but I think there is too much mass to move reliably unless you are aiming normal to gravity. Like I said it works ok when you are aiming parallel to the ground but otherwise I think the Norrell suppressor is just too heavy. If I adjusted the spring tention it would probably work aiming at one elevation but not another. It might work ok with an aluminum Tactical Solutions barrel and some thing like an Outback II or a Warlock but I am not willing to purchase anymore stuff for it that might or might not work.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

MPfiveengineer wrote:Thanks Hush but I think there is too much mass to move reliably unless you are aiming normal to gravity. Like I said it works ok when you are aiming parallel to the ground but otherwise I think the Norrell suppressor is just too heavy. If I adjusted the spring tention it would probably work aiming at one elevation but not another. It might work ok with an aluminum Tactical Solutions barrel and some thing like an Outback II or a Warlock but I am not willing to purchase anymore stuff for it that might or might not work.

Yep.

They have said many places they designed it to work with a stock 10/22 barrel...........preferably not the Heavy version.

And a target hammer as the only mod.

Damn shame.

I have read many good review from woners that run it in that config.
NFAtalk.org
bp_968
Silent But Deadly

Post by bp_968 »

I got to look closely at one of these the other day. I think the choice of a 10/22 was good but also problematic. The 10/22 will have to be timed just right due to the slight recoil impulse of the round. An SKS, M1 Carbine, or any other larger caliber weapon will be much easier to do this with because of the leeway you will have with the recoil impulse.

I agree 100% about the stock, its a total piece of crap. I think they made a foolish mistake with the 1000$ price tag. If they were so worried about liability they should have licensed the patent and had someone else make the product and assume the liability. Even with the junky stock, if they priced it at 250-300$ they would have sold 10 times as many as they are going to with the current pricing model.
-----------------------------

This space for rent.
DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoctorSolo »

I got to fire MP5engineer's Akin's 10/22 last weekend and I agree on all points....It did seem really finicky, but when it worked it was a friggin hoot. What kind of dot sight did you put on it?
Anyway, I still want one. A 10/22 reciever with a threaded aluminum Tac-Sol barrel sounds like just the ticket. MP5, you wouldn't happen to want to loan me the stock for a few days for....er...research purposes would you? :wink:
MPfiveengineer
Silent But Deadly

Post by MPfiveengineer »

DoctorSolo wrote:I got to fire MP5engineer's Akin's 10/22 last weekend and I agree on all points....It did seem really finicky, but when it worked it was a friggin hoot. What kind of dot sight did you put on it?
Anyway, I still want one. A 10/22 reciever with a threaded aluminum Tac-Sol barrel sounds like just the ticket
The red dot on it is a $30 Wal-Mart special that seems to work great. I heard some bad stuff about the Tac-Sol 10/22 barrels so you might want to read up on them.
DoctorSolo wrote: MP5, you wouldn't happen to want to loan me the stock for a few days for....er...research purposes would you? :wink:
Sorry, I don’t think so.
DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoctorSolo »

It's alright, I wasn't holding my breath there... :P

Wal-Mart eh? Hell I might get one for my pellet rifle!
Eric_Rice
Silent Operator

Post by Eric_Rice »

Hasn't anyone considered that some folks set a price high to discourage too much demand? I've seen this in many industries, used to control growth.

Have you ever seen a gas station set the prices high because they've run out, and want you to buy from the guy across the street?
Eric @ Daniel Defense
[url]http://www.danieldefense.com[/url]
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

SAR wrote a nice article on it this month.
NFAtalk.org