Senior Silent Operator

Re: LTR

Post by SturmGrenadier »

Free bump

Danomite45
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Danomite45 »

It just occured to me I have not posted a photo of my LTR.
this photo was taken in June 2009
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

SturmGrenadier, that is one sexy 700. Is that a Badger mag kit and did you have to put it on or did you buy it like that? Who did your bolt-knob?
SturmGrenadier
Senior Silent Operator

Post by SturmGrenadier »

cyclone72 wrote:SturmGrenadier, that is one sexy 700. Is that a Badger mag kit and did you have to put it on or did you buy it like that? Who did your bolt-knob?
Thank you cyclone! :oops:

Here is a run down on parts:

Remington 700P LTR in .308 Win....20" barrel http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/700pltr.htm
H-S Precision stock as used by factory
Aftermarket additions include:
H-S Precision Pro-Series Steel DM Bottom Metal/Trigger Guard Assembly with 10 round magazine
Bushnell Elite 4200 Tactical Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 3-12x 44mm Side Focus 1/10 MIL Adjustments First Focal Plane Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle
Badger Ordnance bolt knob, Maximized base with 20 MOA forward cant and Maximized medium rings
Harris BiPod
Advanced Armament Corp CYCLONE suppressor

I installed everything on the rifle...maybe 2 minutes worth of slight filing to get the mag release to fully engage...otherwise it dropped right in.

ImageImage

Bolt knob thread... viewtopic.php?f=59&t=40617&p=404484
cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by cyclone72 »

Thanks for the info. 8)

I'm planning to build on a 700 as well.
Danomite45
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Danomite45 »

Here is my LTR as it sits today:
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

awesome dano! and SturmGrenadier, sweeeeet.
NP
SturmGrenadier
Senior Silent Operator

Post by SturmGrenadier »

Thanks mda! :D
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

Yeah, they have a stainless barrel
da bugman
Senior Silent Operator

Post by da bugman »

I got one of the very first one's out. It would barely do 1 moa with federal gold medal match. The detachable mag was bad,and would not feed. I got into a good smith's hand, had the chamber set back one thread and ran the 155 palmer match reamer in it, put a very thick tubbs recoil lug. Recut the muzzel to a true target recessed.I glassed beded with devcon steel and ran the bedding out past the chamber.
Installed a winchester style flag safty, do to put in a match bolt stop and a longer bolt handle.

At 200 yards on a calm day it will shot through one bullet hole. i had a spotter watching a 3 shot group , fired the first shot, then the second ( he called missed) I told him to watch the bullet hole wink as the round passes through. ( He said OH s--t!) I told him I would put the next shot on top of the first two, formed a perfect #8. Spotter offered 3k for the rifle I declined!

!68 hornday A max H4895. I still have 30 of the 100 rounds I have loaded.

My buddy has a new one with stainless barrel and action that is factory coated in black, wide flutes but not a hs stock.

If it does't have wide flutes it's not a ltr , I don't care what the box say's. It is still a very nice rifle thought. The wide flutes are supposed to set up ideal hormonics for the 168 gr bullets. REm has a couple of up graded rifle built on that profile with changes in stock and match triggers.

JD
JD
delta9mda
Silent But Deadly

Post by delta9mda »

da bugman wrote:I got one of the very first one's out. It would barely do 1 moa with federal gold medal match. The detachable mag was bad,and would not feed. I got into a good smith's hand, had the chamber set back one thread and ran the 155 palmer match reamer in it, put a very thick tubbs recoil lug. Recut the muzzel to a true target recessed.I glassed beded with devcon steel and ran the bedding out past the chamber.
Installed a winchester style flag safty, do to put in a match bolt stop and a longer bolt handle.

At 200 yards on a calm day it will shot through one bullet hole. i had a spotter watching a 3 shot group , fired the first shot, then the second ( he called missed) I told him to watch the bullet hole wink as the round passes through. ( He said OH s--t!) I told him I would put the next shot on top of the first two, formed a perfect #8. Spotter offered 3k for the rifle I declined!

!68 hornday A max H4895. I still have 30 of the 100 rounds I have loaded.

My buddy has a new one with stainless barrel and action that is factory coated in black, wide flutes but not a hs stock.

If it does't have wide flutes it's not a ltr , I don't care what the box say's. It is still a very nice rifle thought. The wide flutes are supposed to set up ideal hormonics for the 168 gr bullets. REm has a couple of up graded rifle built on that profile with changes in stock and match triggers.

JD
JD
oh boy here we go again. i understand "if it dont have the 3 wide flutes then...." what about the newer rems with 24" 3 flute barrels? are those not or are the ltr? regardless im happy and as soon as money permits ill lay it down for the "real" ltr.
NP