Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

-k-
Industry Professional

Re: Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Post by -k- »

I have probably 4-5 different 300 Fireball/300-221 prints here. Our 300 Fireball is is slightly different as well. That does not mean any of them are incompatible but there are a lot of numbers that need to be looked at for possible interference.

I'm not going to rush the determination of safety, and ammo isn't available yet anyway. The people who make reamers, barrels and reloading dies are very familiar with chamber dimensions and should be the ones to make these determinations.
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

Any possibility of a silencer talk group buy for barrels ?

If so I am down for 1

16in :P
Last edited by firefighter509 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zqB6qV7hI&feature=related
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition is safe to use in Noveske 300 FB barrels with a serial number of 290000 and higher.

Noveske 300 FB barrels with a serial number less than 290000 or without a serial number will need to be checked before using 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition. We will be setting up a program to send in older barrels for inspection and reaming if needed.
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

-k- wrote:300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition is safe to use in Noveske 300 FB barrels with a serial number of 290000 and higher.

Noveske 300 FB barrels with a serial number less than 290000 or without a serial number will need to be checked before using 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition. We will be setting up a program to send in older barrels for inspection and reaming if needed.
Thats good news for 300FB shooters.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Wow! Talk about being sensitive to a changing market. Good job!
eazenutz33
Silent But Deadly

Post by eazenutz33 »

PLEASE make an upper with a midlength rail, ETA.....any mount, and barrel JUST long enough to have the back of the silencer almost flush with the front of the rail.....me WANT!
I got a silencer for my wife.......I think it was a good trade!
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Rock River PDS PDW in 300 AAC Blackout

Post by jurist »

Please make short 300 AAC Blackout Barrels that can be adapted for the Rock River Arms PDS SBR. It would be the ultimate 300 AAC Blackout PDW as it is a sidefolding AR15 in a small package with piston reliability. We should be getting our first ones in stock in the next week and are not certain about the exact details of the barrel contours yet except that it uses a longer gas block base contour that Noveske's mini gas block.

Below is a picture of the pistol. The Rock River PDS SBR comes with a sidefolding stock:
Last edited by jurist on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Re: Rock River PDS PDW in 300 AAC Blackout

Post by JasonAAC »

jurist wrote:Please make short 300 AAC Blackout Barrels that can be adapted for the Rock River Arms PDS SBR. It would be the ultimate 300 AAC Blackout PDW as it is a sidefolding AR15. We should be getting our first ones in stock in the next week and are not certain about the exact details of the barrel contours yet except that it uses a longer gas block base contour that Noveske's mini gas block.
It might be cool, but who can say if that RRA is going to be an ultimate anything? I don't think it's even out yet? I've yet to find a side folding AR system that I like, and yes, i played with the RRA at SHOT.
Kick Ass Design
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

Jason,
Realistically who's to say the 300blk will be anything either or be adopted by anyone. I highly doubt more than 10 or 15 people outside AAC who have even fired the round yet and of the uppers that went out no one has any ammo for them since the ammo isn't being released yet and there aren't any reamers available yet from the company making them. That said, I believe in AAC quality and expect to see great things.

I'm incredibly excited to say the least as this round with a quality AAC suppressor sounds amazing given the data we've been provided. The same is true for Rock River Arms they have a reputation for quality that is well deserved and has been proven again and again. We placed one of the first big orders for the RRA PDS and will be one of the first companies to receive them as such. When we get them in, if you'd like, we can transfer one to AAC for a while to modify for product development/testing. Anything we can do to help. By way of background incase you don't recall from SHOT, the PDS Pistol(formerly PPS) had gone through over 10,000 rounds without a cleaning and without a single break down. At the time the PDS Carbine had gone through 6,000+ rounds without cleaning and without a single failure. Indications were it was getting borring because it was so reliable. That said, it has been though a series of changes over the past 9 months so it should be even better. There are are always differences between production guns and prototypes though so lets hope it plays out like it was sold and also hope that the 300blk plays out the way it has been sold. If all of the hype is correct on both the suppressors and ammo and the PDS and they can be brought together it will be an amazing system. Incidentally, it would be lighter and shorter than the 10" Bushmaster ACR and would cost less half the price and already have a miriad of accessories and parts available for it(not to trash the ACR).
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

I highly doubt the gas system length will be compatible with the pressure curve of the 300 AAC BLACKOUT.
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

That was a concern I had too. I hope it will but it's probably to early to know until someone can provide guideance on how long a barrel has to be in 300blk to function with a PDS/carbine length gas system.
Last edited by jurist on Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

That rail looks higher than standard. I guess an AIMPOINT T1 with the low mount would get the optic axis closer to normal?
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

That is exactly what I was thinking. It is slightly higher than standard because of the need for room for the recoil spring.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

jurist wrote:That was a concern I had too. I hope it will but it's probably to early to know until someone can provide guideance on how long a barrel has to be in 300blk to function with a PDS/carbine length gas system.
It might work, but I am not sure if there would be enough port pressure. Our 9" barrel uses a pistol gas.

I appreciate your excitement for the platform and also for the 300 BLK. Good luck!
Kick Ass Design
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

Barrel lengths I am going to be testing: 16", 10", 8".

The 8" will mount a silencer with a 7" rail, the 10" will mount a silencer with 9" rail or a reflex silencer with a 7" rail so that is where we decided to start.

I'll pass on the request for a group buy, not my dept but I'll update here if we decide to.
eazenutz33
Silent But Deadly

Post by eazenutz33 »

-k- wrote:Barrel lengths I am going to be testing: 16", 10", 8".

The 8" will mount a silencer with a 7" rail, the 10" will mount a silencer with 9" rail or a reflex silencer with a 7" rail so that is where we decided to start.

I'll pass on the request for a group buy, not my dept but I'll update here if we decide to.
Looking forward to an update on the 10" with 9" rail....
I got a silencer for my wife.......I think it was a good trade!
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Thank you

I would be interested in one or two as well

Thanks
Blackwind

Post by Blackwind »

Absolutely interested in a 16".
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Post by jurist »

We are most interested in the 9-10" barrels, but 16" may be interesting to carry as well.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

What type of feed ramps will the 10" barrels have on their barrel extensions? (M4 or Std)
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

M4 extended, I wouldn't even consider a barrel without them.
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

I figured as much, but I wanted to confirm before I ordered the host reciever.

Thanks!

P.S.
Any rough W.A.G. of when your barrels might be available?
That way I can plan my Christmas shopping acordingly... :P
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

Way before Christmas... but I don't have a date, depends on the testing.