Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

-k-
Industry Professional

Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Post by -k- »

Noveske Rifleworks will be changing our 300 Fireball barrel production to the 300 AAC BLACKOUT.

We will also make complete rifles and uppers when ammo is available for test firing.

I'll also put up info here when I determine if our 300 Fireball barrels are compatible with 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammo.

EDIT 10-07-10
300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition is safe to use in Noveske 300 FB barrels with a serial number of 290000 and higher.

Noveske 300 FB barrels with a serial number less than 290000 or without a serial number will need to be checked before using 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition. We will be setting up a program to send in older barrels for inspection and reaming if needed.
Last edited by -k- on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Re: Noveske 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Post by Dr.Phil »

Any idea of availability and barrel length?

I was planning on picking up a 10.5" 300 Fireball from you as soon as they were back in stock.
When I called last week, I was told that they should be available in about two weeks.
Will this new development increase this wait?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

Probably some delay. I will be testing barrel lengths and gas port sizing for function with the 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition.
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dr.Phil »

Will you take backorders over the phone and if so, will the price point be the same as the 10.5" Fireball?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

-k- wrote:Noveske Rifleworks will be changing our 300 Fireball barrel production to the 300 AAC BLACKOUT.
.... and now I shall do my happy dance. :D
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

I'd sure love a Noveske .300BLK barrel!

Maybe I'll go ahead and pick up some reloading dies and start loading up some ammo while I wait :)
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

We will not take backorders yet. We may take backorders when we have decided on barrel lengths and rifle/upper configurations.
jakjakman
Silent But Deadly

Post by jakjakman »

-k- wrote:Noveske Rifleworks will be changing our 300 Fireball barrel production to the 300 AAC BLACKOUT.

We will also make complete rifles and uppers when ammo is available for test firing.

I'll also put up info here when I determine if our 300 Fireball barrels are compatible with 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammo.

Wooooooo!!! Rock on! You just made my day. :mrgreen:

Any idea on barrel lengths to be offered?
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

We will make a 16" barrel for sure, other than that we are going to take a fresh look at barrel lengths and function.
silentbushmaster
Silent But Deadly

Post by silentbushmaster »

That is the real questions, if they will be compatible. That will determine who jumps on board.
"10TH Mountain Division, Climb to Glory"
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

This solves my problem put me down for one, is there a list we can get on or something????? Don't want to miss out again.
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zqB6qV7hI&feature=related
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

silentbushmaster wrote:That is the real questions, if they will be compatible. That will determine who jumps on board.
Everything we make from here will be 300 AAC BLACKOUT, it will absolutely be compatible and marked 300 BLK.

Headspace did not change. Gas ports will be checked and or set for the factory ammo, I'm going to look at barrel lengths as well but not much is going to change from our 300 Fireball but the name. It will be very little if any change for any manufacturer that currently makes a 300 Fireball or 300-221 and they will gain a larger customer market, people who do not reload and even people who do reload but not wildcats.

I will let customers who have our older 300 Fireball know if they can shoot 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition safely or if they will need to have the chamber re-cut. I expect any 300 Fireball, 300-221 or 300 Whisper(R) barrel will be compatible or convertible to 300 AAC BLACKOUT.
J Krammes
Silent But Deadly

Post by J Krammes »

Great news. I was just looking to see if the Whisper barrels were avaliable before the 300BLK anouncment. 10.5" would be what I want, mostly because my SBR (Noveske) is already listed at 10.5" and for more rail options.

Jk
Some of my work. www.jkknives.com
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

Count me in for a 16 in , I'll be checking everyday till you have them!
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

YES! I want a barrel, and I want brass. And then this thing goes down. Since I can't find one of those Remmy 700's, this moved back up in priority. Can't go a whole year without buying any gun stuff.
silentbushmaster
Silent But Deadly

-k- wrote:
silentbushmaster wrote:That is the real questions, if they will be compatible. That will determine who jumps on board.
Everything we make from here will be 300 AAC BLACKOUT, it will absolutely be compatible and marked 300 BLK.

Headspace did not change. Gas ports will be checked and or set for the factory ammo, I'm going to look at barrel lengths as well but not much is going to change from our 300 Fireball but the name. It will be very little if any change for any manufacturer that currently makes a 300 Fireball or 300-221 and they will gain a larger customer market, people who do not reload and even people who do reload but not wildcats.

I will let customers who have our older 300 Fireball know if they can shoot 300 AAC BLACKOUT ammunition safely or if they will need to have the chamber re-cut. I expect any 300 Fireball, 300-221 or 300 Whisper(R) barrel will be compatible or convertible to 300 AAC BLACKOUT.
If you have to re-cut the chamber, I would say that it is not compatible but a conversion since you are changing the chamber dimensions, and this is such a new cartridge. But, I guess we will have to see the end result. As for me, I guess I will hold out since I have the correct dies for the 300-221 and don't want to have to purchase new dies and have chambers re-cut.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

There is no standard for 300-221. There are many versions of it.
silentbushmaster
Silent But Deadly

There are standards for the 300-221 and reamers and dies have been made accordingly.
They just did'nt pull numbers from out of the air and say " Let's make some reamers and dies".
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

A wildcat is a wildcat because there is no standard. What if one of the 300-221 reamers has a throat that is 0.3085 minimum diameter and another has a throat of 0.3095 min diameter? 300 AAC BLACKOUT is 0.3090 minimum throat. Only one of those 300-221 reamers would meet the specs for 300 AAC BLACKOUT.
silentbushmaster
Silent But Deadly

There are alot of what if's, but the bottom line is that there are set standards for the 300-221. The dies and reamers provide that standard.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Well we did not make 300 AAC BLACKOUT incompatible with the 300-221ish reamers I have seen so far.
silentbushmaster
Silent But Deadly

Any way of posting drawings of the 300 BLACKOUT?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

No, sorry. SAAMI member companies have it. Certain AAC partner companies can get it under NDA.
silentbushmaster
Silent But Deadly

That would have been nice to be able to post that information. So that those that had 300-221 chambers cut, would have been able to know if it would be possible to use Remington 300 BLACKOUT ammunition. With out that information, it shouldn't be done. Have you released that info to Noveske? If so, they should know if the chamber dimensions of their 300-221 barrels would be acceptable to use the 300 BLACKOUT ammunition. This would not require the chambers to have to be re-cut as stated by Noveske in this thread. They know the chamber dimensions of the 300-221 barrels they cut and if they have the 300 BLACKOUT chamber deminsions, a solution should be known.
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

Twinsen wrote:YES! I want a barrel, and I want brass. And then this thing goes down. Since I can't find one of those Remmy 700's, this moved back up in priority. Can't go a whole year without buying any gun stuff.

I saw a couple and they were way more than list!!! Way more. Btw they are gone now. :x
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS: