Model 1 Sales on the 300 BLK and thier 300 fp barrels.

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Re: Model 1 Sales on the 300 BLK and thier 300 fp barrels.

Post by 82nd airborne »

I like Jard triggers for LR type builds, and the JP and RR's for Carbine/entry type builds. If for some reason I keep a factory trigger, it gets some heavy, immediate polishing.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

Here are some pics of my infamous $1200 M1S AR. It has the stock trigger that has been cleaned up with a JP string kit and is a shooter. Notice in that group, it's 62 grain golden bear.
:twisted:

selph arms llc
Silent But Deadly

Post by selph arms llc »

GlockandRoll wrote:Here are some pics of my infamous $1200 M1S AR. It has the stock trigger that has been cleaned up with a JP string kit and is a shooter. Notice in that group, it's 62 grain golden bear.

Looks good!!
Selph Arms LLC
Brad Selph
president
[email protected]
www.selpharms.com
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Is that a signed and notarized 3 shot group?
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

selph arms llc wrote:
GlockandRoll wrote:Here are some pics of my infamous $1200 M1S AR. It has the stock trigger that has been cleaned up with a JP string kit and is a shooter. Notice in that group, it's 62 grain golden bear.

Looks good!!
Thanks, it's quite a controversial piece.
silencertalk wrote:Is that a signed and notarized 3 shot group?
lol... no, but perhaps we should get it notarized and have M1S put it on thier website.
It was FREEZING cold, and I only had 3 rounds of it left in the mag so Dave (who then worked at Clark Custom and personal friends with Terry Cross and William Roscoe) said we better photograph that or nobody is going to believe it.

This has, as I said, been quite the conversation piece at LRA... and had a lot of people shake their heads when I show them the receipts and what I can do with crap ammo.
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

My first "kit" was a M1S similar to Glock-N-Rolls. It was very functional and fine in accuracy. At the time, M1S was using ER Shaw barrels.

I haven't had any real issues with the parts and everything fit fine. Really, the only issues would be crap small parts and crappy trigger group. I never use stock GI triggers, so I never even fired the one that came with the kit. Everything else was just springs and pins and they all worked. I don't get too hung up on those types of parts as long as the fit properly. The big issue for me would be the trigger group, which I would go with Geissele any way.
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

chrismartin wrote:My first "kit" was a M1S similar to Glock-N-Rolls. It was very functional and fine in accuracy. At the time, M1S was using ER Shaw barrels.

I haven't had any real issues with the parts and everything fit fine. Really, the only issues would be crap small parts and crappy trigger group. I never use stock GI triggers, so I never even fired the one that came with the kit. Everything else was just springs and pins and they all worked. I don't get too hung up on those types of parts as long as the fit properly. The big issue for me would be the trigger group, which I would go with Geissele any way.

Exactly, this is how I feel about that to the T. I love Geissele but have been happy with JP single-stage lately.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I think non-floated barrels are a big part of the lack of accuracy people are getting out of ARs. Sure, terrible barrels won't help. But when you can see the barrel move as a person shifts their grip.. what are you expecting to happen downrange?
silencertalk wrote:I have been happy with stock triggers on most of my ARs.
You probably buy nice AR-15s. A lot of people just hunt for the absolute cheapest. I used to, way way back... a year or so.

Glock and roll, where have you been?
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

Twinsen wrote:I think non-floated barrels are a big part of the lack of accuracy people are getting out of ARs. Sure, terrible barrels won't help. But when you can see the barrel move as a person shifts their grip.. what are you expecting to happen downrange?
silencertalk wrote:I have been happy with stock triggers on most of my ARs.
You probably buy nice AR-15s. A lot of people just hunt for the absolute cheapest. I used to, way way back... a year or so.

Glock and roll, where have you been?
yeah man, I agree about the FF BBL's, and also it's funny when you talk about hardware, people say "stratocasters sound like s--t" or "Grand Nationals arent fast", uch like M1S.com kits suck. But fail to recognize that knowing what you are doing when assembling them makes all the difference. For example, drop some Lollar of Fraylin pickups in a Strat... and it's godlike, or tune a Grand National, and it's an 11 second car.

As far as where I've been.. mostly in the turbo buick, DIY audio, and the hide.
I've got a methanol burning 25psi stock GN that runs low 12's.

And a world class audio system in it:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/mem ... stall.html

And been playing with some long range stuff, Jeff at CDI Precision built this for me... it's amazing, my favorite rifle now:
selph arms llc
Silent But Deadly

Post by selph arms llc »

GlockandRoll

If you want to meet on a Tuesday we can go to the Austin Rifle Club and give my 16” 300 Blackout a try out to 200 yards.

Brad
Selph Arms LLC
Brad Selph
president
[email protected]
www.selpharms.com
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

Thanks, however Tuesdays are usually pretty rough for me, I have team meetings in the morning and host a technical webinar in the afternoon for our customers.
selph arms llc
Silent But Deadly

Post by selph arms llc »

GlockandRoll wrote:Thanks, however Tuesdays are usually pretty rough for me, I have team meetings in the morning and host a technical webinar in the afternoon for our customers.
When is a good day for you?
Selph Arms LLC
Brad Selph
president
[email protected]
www.selpharms.com
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

selph arms llc wrote:
GlockandRoll wrote:Thanks, however Tuesdays are usually pretty rough for me, I have team meetings in the morning and host a technical webinar in the afternoon for our customers.
When is a good day for you?
Probably the week after next, I'll be back from Florida Sunday the 16th.