Caveat Emptor - ADCO

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Rockfish Dave

Caveat Emptor - ADCO

Post by Rockfish Dave »

Caveat Emptor - ADCO

I got my new barrel and Battle Comp 1.0 back from ADCO yesterday. The dimpling and re-parkarized finish looks good. The only thing is it looks like someone used it in a carbine class...

Minutes before shipping...

After getting it back...

I say that it looks like it had been fired since it was new, and unfired when I sent it. The compensator had a nice layer of powder residue on the inside too. When I asked Steve at ADCO about it he was a dismissive and patronizing. Wasn't that big a deal, but his dickness just pissed me off.

Oh well now the important stuff:

The weight after dimpling:

So would I have another barrel dimpled? Maybe, just not at ADCO.
Jmark
Silent But Deadly

Re: Caveat Emptor - ADCO

Post by Jmark »

Wow, that's extreme douchiness. I wonder how long it would take this to get swept under the rug at Arfcom...?
Rockfish Dave

Post by Rockfish Dave »

Jmark wrote:Wow, that's extreme douchiness. I wonder how long it would take this to get swept under the rug at Arfcom...?
Funny, they locked it already! Maybe 20 minutes.

My response was to the moderator claiming it was without merrit:

So the powder residue inside the compensator is not merit? I guess he didn't clean it as well as he thought. And if it was infact degreased why was/is there still grease on the barrel threads...

I guess you have to protect your advertisers. Fair enough, I will share my crappy expirience elsewhere so others are not taken.

Steve,

You can explain it to the merchant credit card service provider.

When I caught you in a lie, you just spun another, so your credibility is zero with me.

- Dave
robpiat
Silent But Deadly

Post by robpiat »

Looks to me like your parked brake got degreased and was never re-oiled. If you put a coat of brake free on it, does it go back to looking new?

When you park a barrel, you checmical dip then you dip in black oil to get the rich color. If you hit that barrel with brake or carb cleaner, it'll look like s--t like your break until you re-oil it.

I have never done work with ADCO, but you don't sound like an easy customer either. I have a hard time thinking that somebody would ever think to care about shooting your barrel / brake. It would take alot of work to do all that.

ETA: IF you charge that back on your credit card, you are stealing. You paid him to dimple your barrel, and he did. This is why merchants have to be careful about who they sell to. Any whiner can lock up the funds for months and it most cases win a dispute.
MisterWilson
Silent But Deadly

Post by MisterWilson »

Dude, you've really gone out of your way to besmirch their name at every available forum.

In my opinion, chemicals make funny finishes. There's every likelyhood that they did not shoot it, as you claim, and in fact you're an absolutely douchebag for dragging their name through the mud everywhere possible.

Furthermore, unless you're willing to go so far as to say that they were joyriding your upper (which I could nearly guarantee they were not), that makes you an even bigger superficial douchebag for complaining about a problem that you would be giving yourself through use.

Don't get me wrong, we all like giving our own products our own wear marks, but F--k man.... AR15.com, M4C, here, where else have you gone and stepped on your dick about this otherwise reputedly good company? Do you have a vendetta, or what?

ETA: I double dog dare you to hit it with some remoil and take another picture. If it still looks like hell, I'll take back every word I've said.
Your Mom.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Agreed.

Don't act like a spoiled little kid that caught the neighbor kid playing with his Tonka truck.

It looks test fired, BFD. They did a great job and deserve to be paid.
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
jmselders
Silent But Deadly

Post by jmselders »

I have had a ton of stuff done by Steve (ADCO) and he has always been very professional. I have never had a problem with anything they have done. The discoloring on the Battlecomp I too would say probably came from chemicals not shooting it. You got a issue with how handled you complaint, fine make sure you can back up your claim before you become an ASS.
Jmark
Silent But Deadly

Post by Jmark »

I retract my statement..........
JohnnyC
Silent But Deadly

Post by JohnnyC »

Just looks degreased. I don't think ADCO would go out of their way to do anything to your barrel other than what you paid them to do. Do like MisterWilson said and spray it with some RemOil and see what happens then let us know. If it doesn't fix the problem then bitch, but doing it all over the place without trying a resolution is just poor form.