300 blackout barrels manufactures and questions

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

300 blackout barrels manufactures and questions

Post by firefighter509 »

So when the 300 blackout was announced I was in the process of creating a parts list for a 6.8 build for hunting. However, I quickly changed the build when I saw that this was going to offer a Affordable, cheaper, means of suppression in a AR platform that could also be used for hunting.

I ordered everything I need for this build and am now waiting on a 16in Barrel that I can run my 762 SD on.

*Black Hole Weaponry has them about a week out for: $250 + 15 for coating + shipping
*Noveske has them 2-3 weeks out for $455.00
" Wilson Combat has posted pictures but as of yet no barrels: (prices based on 6.8 barrels) $250.00 for non fluted / 300.00 for fluted
* AAC had them listed ( with there technology package) but are currently unavailable for $425+

The problem I have right now is I want a cheap reliable barrel that I am not paying over 300.00 for as the 300 Blackout is not meant to be a long range match round I do not need to spend the money for match grade $500.00 barrel. I would rather invest the extra money in ammo.

Black Hole Weaponry has them being made about a week out for about half as much as a Noveske. However, I have know idea what kid of testing they have done on these and I want maximum reliability when shooting form subsonic to supressed

Noveske is going to be good to go ( as always) but there barrels are Very expensive.

Wilson combat seems to make top knotch barrels but not available (

AAC even know they are not available they also wont say who make them ( I understand ) I just do not want to take the chance of buying a $400 + Bushmaster barrel which is possible given the relationship they share with this company

anyone have any opinions or feelings.

J
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zqB6qV7hI&feature=related
jurist
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300 blackout barrels manufactures and questions

Post by jurist »

Two thought:
1) Noveske Barrels are 1-2 weeks out
2) Buy a 10" Noveske Barrel they are only $365.00, plus your barrel length won't be excessive with the suppressor attached.

I agree about the high prices, but the issue really is that you have premium barrel producers getting on board and the other's haven't made the jump yet. If you want cheap but good, get a Model 1 sales barrel and have the chamber reamed out. I recall seeing rsilvers mention this as an option.
TSI Consulting
GLOCK Certified Armorer
FFL/SOT
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

[quote="firefighter509"][/quote]

Couple things- the $425 is for a complete barrel assembly- barrel, gasblock, gas tube, thread protector.
Naked barrels will be less.

They should become available in Jan.

They are not made by BM, they are made outside the family- really top notch barrels.
1:8", 4150 steel, perfect threading, M4 ramps, full nitride finish including chamber and bore.

Wether or not you want/need a premium barrel is up to you. The important thing is that you get a 300 AAC gun- they are great.
Kick Ass Design
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

jurist wrote: If you want cheap but good, get a Model 1 sales barrel and have the chamber reamed out. I recall seeing rsilvers mention this as an option.
What I said was that if you have a Model-1 Sales barrel, you should want to ream it out - as they are made too tight. The "good" part you said but not me. They have their gas port too large so I am not really suggesting it as a good option. I also am not sure of their thread specs or bore quality.

AAC holds the threads concentric to the bore, not the outside of the barrel.
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

JasonAAC wrote:
firefighter509 wrote:
Couple things- the $425 is for a complete barrel assembly- barrel, gasblock, gas tube, thread protector.
Naked barrels will be less.

They should become available in Jan.

They are not made by BM, they are made outside the family- really top notch barrels.
1:8", 4150 steel, perfect threading, M4 ramps, full nitride finish including chamber and bore.

Wether or not you want/need a premium barrel is up to you. The important thing is that you get a 300 AAC gun- they are great.

I am really happy to hear that, I think I might wait, they seem pretty good, just NO BM FOR ME :D am waiting on the N6

I want a 16in first then a smaller one for later. I got the 762 SD and am waiting on the N6 for some 51T fun

On a side note I was at my buddies house today and he is a current Ter 1 guy his set up is

Scar L with the 10.5 barrel eotec 553 and WAIT FOR IT WAIT FOR IT, M4-1000 on a 18t mount for the 18t is good enough for him I am happy with that. Also he had some things to say about the knights but it was only that the AAC was the s--t!!!!

thank you,
Jason
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

I have said a few times that the M4-1000 was better than any non AAC silencer at any price but I never got any traction with that. I think people assumed I was FOS. It is like people assume it is not since it is not $1200.
plamondacheq

Post by plamondacheq »

As far as the barrel goes Black Hole Weaponry only has the balckout barrel in a 1-11 twist.The owner said he was not set up to do a 1-8 in there polygonal 3 groove rifling at this time.He was very informative and great to talk to but so now I looking for another barrel manuf. for my build. Hope this helps.
JasonAAC
Industry Professional

Post by JasonAAC »

plamondacheq wrote:As far as the barrel goes Black Hole Weaponry only has the balckout barrel in a 1-11 twist.The owner said he was not set up to do a 1-8 in there polygonal 3 groove rifling at this time.He was very informative and great to talk to but so now I looking for another barrel manuf. for my build. Hope this helps.
That is good to know if you want to shoot factory subs.
Kick Ass Design
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

JasonAAC wrote:
plamondacheq wrote:As far as the barrel goes Black Hole Weaponry only has the balckout barrel in a 1-11 twist.The owner said he was not set up to do a 1-8 in there polygonal 3 groove rifling at this time.He was very informative and great to talk to but so now I looking for another barrel manuf. for my build. Hope this helps.
That is good to know if you want to shoot factory subs.

They make a good product but I am real glade I did not go that route, given this is going to used mostly for suppression.

Guess you really pay for the technology package, so when are those AAC 16in going to be ready?

J
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

January. Things take time. If for example we had the barrels today, they take a week to ship to nitriding, a week to process them, a week to come back.. boom - three weeks are gone.
rjrivero
Senior Silent Operator

Post by rjrivero »

Ronald Williams on ar15.com is making 300 AAC BLACKOUT barrels for $235 shipped.

In his IM exchange with me:
300BLK SS 8twist, Mcgowan blank, beadblasted or KG mat black 16-10.5 is $235 shiped.
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Delta Company Arms, LLC
9" $169
16.5" $249

Rem 700/7 $249

Savage $249
We are currently shipping. Lifetime Warranty.

Currently working on ACR barrels as well.

http://www.deltacompanyarms.com

Military/LE discounts.
If you can provide a department letterhead stating that you will be using our product to keep illegals on the other side of the border, we give an even better discount.

Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

When will you have a 300 AAC BLACKOUT Shrike barrel?
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

silencertalk wrote:When will you have a 300 AAC BLACKOUT Shrike barrel?
we'll probably have one pretty soon, but it may be a while before thats a production item. How cool would that be if it worked with links though!?
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

Sorry for the dumb question, but since I am just now hearing about the 300 blackout, what is the advantage for my Salvage .308 over just doing 300 whisper?
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Mostly the ability to shoot 300 AAC BLACKOUT supersonic factory ammo and stay within normal pressure limits.

Your question was like asking "What is the advantage for my Savage of 5.56mm over just doing 223" or "What is the advantage of 6.8 SPC-II of just doing 6.8 SPC."
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

GlockandRoll wrote:Sorry for the dumb question, but since I am just now hearing about the 300 blackout, what is the advantage for my Salvage .308 over just doing 300 whisper?
In a bolt gun, since you have a .308, no real advantage I can think of other than maybe a more efficient subsonic case volume. The supersonic .308 would shoot flatter and longer and can reach higher velocities.

Where the whisper and blackout comes in is the ability to run in standard AR15 magazines and cycle the AR15 with subsonic ammo.

Where the blackout beats the whisper is that the blackout will be a SAAMI spec (means more factory ammo, more reamers, dies, mfgs making barrels, etc) factory ammo is shipping MUCH cheaper than whisper (half the price for subs and even cheaper for supersonic ($13 for super (estimate), $20 for subs per 20))
The blackout was also tuned for the AR (OAL adjusted to work better in the magazines) and AAC/Remington did a ton of testing to find the optimal gas port settings to work with supersonic and subsonic ammo.
The supersonic ammo is (from what has been posted here) equivalent to the 7.62x39 AK47 platform in an AR15 with a 9" barrel (IIRC)
The blackout was designed with a bit more room in the chamber which allows for the use of cut down 5.56 cases without needing to turn down the neck.
I'm sure there are other tid bits that I can't think of right now.

IMHO, there is no reason to go 300 whisper at all now that 300 blackout is shipping. Maybe if you had other 300 whisper firearms and wanted to keep everything the same or if there was some manufacturer that only stocked 300 whisper and would not purchase the 300 blackout reamer. At which point, I would just go to someone else. Even if you plan to reload 100% of your ammo, not having to turn down the necks of 5.56 cases was huge for me.
Last edited by chrismartin on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

He knows how a 308 compares to a Whisper(TM). He wants to know how 300 AAC BLACKOUT compares to 300 Whisper.
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

Thanks, this answers my question perfectly... now just tell me who to order the BBL from for this gun and we are all set as I already have a semi take-down host for it w/QD rings on my SuperSniper, this will be a FUN rig!!!

82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

No they dont.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

I want a 16", stricktly for subsonics... am I to expect 8" twist to be my best option?
Not sure about 3 grove, seems like you need at least 5 to stabilize it... but I'm not certain on that and have no experience with this caliber, or 300 whisper for that matter.

All I know is the 18.5" .308 10" twist is difficult and potentially dangerous to hand-load subsonic rounds with, and the only ones I've found worth a s--t were EBR thumper and I want a heavier bullet than that.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Pure subsonic? I would try 1:7.
GlockandRoll
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlockandRoll »

yeppers, that's it... just a giggle gun pig sticker.
Blackwind

Post by Blackwind »

82nd airborne wrote:Delta Company Arms, LLC
9" $169
16.5" $249

Rem 700/7 $249

Savage $249
We are currently shipping. Lifetime Warranty.

Currently working on ACR barrels as well.

Military/LE discounts.
If you can provide a department letterhead stating that you will be using our product to keep illegals on the other side of the border, we give an even better discount.

Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Sounds like I need to order one this week.
jdj
Elite Member

Post by jdj »

GlockandRoll wrote:I want a 16", stricktly for subsonics... am I to expect 8" twist to be my best option?
Not sure about 3 grove, seems like you need at least 5 to stabilize it... but I'm not certain on that and have no experience with this caliber, or 300 whisper for that matter.

All I know is the 18.5" .308 10" twist is difficult and potentially dangerous to hand-load subsonic rounds with, and the only ones I've found worth a s--t were EBR thumper and I want a heavier bullet than that.

Since you're looking strictly subs, why not go 9" with a 7" barrel-shroud to contain that thread-on can ala Tacsol SBX, then the overall length would be ~16" with the can without paying the SBR tax.

I was thinking for an AR something like this would be cool:

Using a 9" 300 blk barrel with the barrel extension pinned to the freefloat handguard to avoid the SBR tax. Problem is, I'd need a SOT to do the work for me because until it was pinned,owning the Barrel and upper would constitute "constructive possession" of an SBR.

The other problem would be it would only work with thread-on cans or the older 18 tooth 7.62-sd

ETA: methinks an older 18-tooth 7.62 SD would work very nicely for this.
"I regard virginity as a correctible perversity of no interest" - Lazarus Long (Time Enough for Love), Robert A. Heinlein