Anyone have good experiences whit the G36?

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Edwood

Anyone have good experiences whit the G36?

Post by Edwood »

Hello every one. New hear. I live and work all over Mexico for the army. We have a lot of HK riffles in the armory. We are currently retiring the G3 riffle and replacing it whit the G36. I currently have a Mossberg 500, a Glock 17 and a MP5 as assigned weapons.

Anyone have good experiences whit the G36?. I have heard that the factory magazines have a coupling attachment that is a pain in the ass.

Thanks in advance.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell
silencertalk
Site Admin

Re: Anyone have good experiences whit the G36?

Post by silencertalk »

I have a G36K and it is reliable. I would be happy with it.
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

I thought it was hard to control on full auto. It's recoil is much sharper due to the piston and lightweight polymer.
It wouldn't be my first choice.
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
Edwood

Post by Edwood »

I heard people having problems finding magazine pouches and accessories for them. A side from the fact that the factory original magazines are very expensive.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

I have a G36C. Very easy to shoot and reliable as well.

Mags are the weakness if this system though. Weak feed lips, prone to cracks breakage if dropped on hard surfaces such as concrete. Stupid tabs that get in the one of mag pouches.

Can't wait for magpul to release their Pmag for the G36 platform
tmix
Silent But Deadly

Post by tmix »

mk23 wrote: Can't wait for magpul to release their Pmag for the G36 platform
That will be the same day they release their FMG-9.
[size=150]Machine gun snob by proxy. [/size]
[img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x190/tmixon762/Colt_Automatic_Rifle_01.jpg[/img]
USMC0351
Silent But Deadly

Post by USMC0351 »

My organization issued the G36C briefly as a replacement for the MP5 and M4, but had too many problems with it overseas, so it was dropped in favor of a more conventional 5.56mm rifle.
commissar_yarrick
Silent But Deadly

Post by commissar_yarrick »

tmix wrote:
mk23 wrote: Can't wait for magpul to release their Pmag for the G36 platform
That will be the same day they release their FMG-9.
The word is that the Germans are doing a midlife upgrade to the G36 soon and one of the points is a new mag.
Winter Is Coming.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

Larry Vickers said people reported that the zero starts to wander as the gun gets hot and the groups open. It is believed that the plastic receiver has issues as the temperature rises.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
PSG1 Nut
Silent But Deadly

Post by PSG1 Nut »

Mongo wrote:Larry Vickers said people reported that the zero starts to wander as the gun gets hot and the groups open. It is believed that the plastic receiver has issues as the temperature rises.
Have you seen the video of the 9 beta dumps through the G36C during HK's desert testing? It ran like a champ through all nine with out a single FTE, FTF!
You can never have enough KAC!
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

PSG1 Nut wrote:
Mongo wrote:Larry Vickers said people reported that the zero starts to wander as the gun gets hot and the groups open. It is believed that the plastic receiver has issues as the temperature rises.
Have you seen the video of the 9 beta dumps through the G36C during HK's desert testing? It ran like a champ through all nine with out a single FTE, FTF!
No but I trust you these is one and it did it. That is not the issue, the question does the zero wander? I do not know since I have only shot 2-3 magazines through one.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
bigdog2003_99
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigdog2003_99 »

i think the recoil is pretty smooth on a g36, although i've never fired full auto (fully converted sl8)

the factory mags are kinda crappy imo, the feed lips are weak, and the clips break off-not to mention get stuck or hung up in almost every type of mag pouch i try on them, including taco's-i need some pmag 30g's :wink:

as far as accuracy i've only fired 4ish mags at most in a day and it ran great and held good groups when done, but my rifle wasnt real run very hard ever since i've had it-my biggest problem with it is the non adjustable stock, kinda long with armor and cheek weld is a little hard to come by at times with optics
commissar_yarrick
Silent But Deadly

Post by commissar_yarrick »

bigdog2003_99 wrote: as far as accuracy i've only fired 4ish mags at most in a day and it ran great and held good groups when done, but my rifle wasnt real run very hard ever since i've had it-my biggest problem with it is the non adjustable stock, kinda long with armor and cheek weld is a little hard to come by at times with optics
look for the V stock, it's what the Lithuanians, Latvians and a couple other countries ordered when the bought their 36's its a folding/colapsable with an adjustable cheek piece (comb?).
Winter Is Coming.
bigdog2003_99
Silent But Deadly

Post by bigdog2003_99 »

the only kv stock i've ever seen was about 350$ on gunbroker/hkpro, chopstixkid said the airsoft ones are actually pretty stout and he's used 1 or 2 on some builds with good luck. i think if i do anything i'm either going to get a dual optic for collectors sake or go g36c. i have a couple other projects at the moment i'm gonna try to finish up (hopefully lol)