Remington 700 AAC southpaw?

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Jon89

Remington 700 AAC southpaw?

Post by Jon89 »

Anyone know if Remington makes the 700 SPS tactical AAC left handed? Went shooting this weekend and am just tired of shooting all of the right handed rifles I have taken from my dad and decided it is about time i just buy one that is actually left handed. Eventually it will become a host so i thought this would be a good choice. I'm not very keen on losing my guns for any amount of time kinda why i am trying to find something that is pre threaded. Any information would be great i'm pretty sure that i am s--t out of luck on this but thought i would ask here about it before i gave up.

Jon
jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Re: Remington 700 AAC southpaw?

Post by jppd47 »

I dont think they plan on making it left handed. I have asked. Really though I have a 700 left handed, I think im going to get right handed for now and learn to shoot it that way. Left handed bolt guns are more expensive to buy and sell for less. And rare
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
Jon89

Post by Jon89 »

yeah I didn't think that they would just wishful thinking I guess. I shoot right handed sometimes but the shift from my non-dominate eye is about an inch left and an inch high off the center of a target at 100 yards so shooting any kind of long distance turns into somewhat of a guessing game especially with high winds. looks like I will just get one and shoot it left handed like I usually do.

Maybe get a right handed action with a left side ejection so I'm not ejecting rounds across my face. I don't know just thinking out loud.

Thanks for the info jppd47
jppd47
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by jppd47 »

I ment shoot the the right handed bolt as a left hander, with my left eye. My right eye dont work to well
pro-gun gun owners are a minority.
Fair Use applies (U.S. Code Title 17 Chapter 1 Subsection 107)
yellowfin
Silent But Deadly

Post by yellowfin »

Could we take an existing left handed 700 and have that barrel put on it for an affordable price (i.e. cheaper than a custom barrel threaded)?
"You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's insane!"-- Penn Jilette
http://www.NYShooters.net
ericlw
Senior Silent Operator

Post by ericlw »

i just shoot mine lefty and be done with it.people ask some dumb questions how i shoot a right handed gun left but its not some impossible thing.as a lefty im used to having to compensate for a right handed world so nothing different.another nice thing is i can accually shoot handguns profiently left or right so when one hand gets tired i use the other.rightys tend not to be able to do this.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

ericlw wrote:i just shoot mine lefty and be done with it.people ask some dumb questions how i shoot a right handed gun left but its not some impossible thing.as a lefty im used to having to compensate for a right handed world so nothing different.another nice thing is i can accually shoot handguns profiently left or right so when one hand gets tired i use the other.rightys tend not to be able to do this.
Same here. I have started shooting auto handguns exclusively right handed in recent years.
Much safer plus l got tired of getting hit in the top of the head with ejected empties.