Suppressed CZ 452 American

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Suppressed CZ 452 American

Post by yamatitan »

Went out and shot some today and had a blast. I used both aquila subsonic and wolf match target. The Aquila was noticeably quieter in the suppressor and you can also see the POI was a little lower but the wolf seemed to group a little tighter for me. Here are the pics: All groups where 5 shots at 50 yards with the bipod in the prone position.

Of course the rifle first:

The Wolf groups:

The Aquila groups:

More Aquila groups:

One of the tightest groups I had one a little smaller but for some reason it didnt get uploaded or got deleted off my camera, ill have to see if its still on there. Even though the Wolf groups were tighter on average the smallest group I had was with the Aquilla. This one is the smallest wolf the tightest one is the one that didnt get uploaded with the Aquilla.
lafsnguy
Silent But Deadly

Re: Suppressed CZ 452 American

Post by lafsnguy »

Nice shooting I have the same setup except I have a Spectre. One of my favorite rifles to shoot. Mine really likes the wolf ammo but I mostly shoot cci standard velocity.
finn
Silent But Deadly

Post by finn »

My 452 groups are tightest with Win SSHP. It's sometimes hard to find though. For the novelty factor, I wish PMC mods were still in production -- even quieter than aguila.

Nice kitchen btw. I've been cooking and it looks like a bomb went off in mine.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

finn wrote:My 452 groups are tightest with Win SSHP. It's sometimes hard to find though. For the novelty factor, I wish PMC mods were still in production -- even quieter than aguila.

Nice kitchen btw. I've been cooking and it looks like a bomb went off in mine.
lol thanks ill have to check out the Win SSHP if I can find some.
huntinherrington

Post by huntinherrington »

Nice! I have a 452 Varmint and am currently impatiently awaiting for my SWR Spectre. What part of la you from?
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

huntinherrington wrote:Nice! I have a 452 Varmint and am currently impatiently awaiting for my SWR Spectre. What part of la you from?
Just south of baton rouge
Conaso

Post by Conaso »

I have a CZ453 and am contemplating whether to have it threaded for a 22Sparrow. May I ask for what practical purpose do you use the suppressor, other than for plinking? The reason I ask is I am going to be in your area for squirrel season and planning on retiring to Port Allen area in two years. If you wish to discuss offline, I can be reached at 703-550-2585 or can return your call.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Conaso wrote:I have a CZ453 and am contemplating whether to have it threaded for a 22Sparrow. May I ask for what practical purpose do you use the suppressor, other than for plinking? The reason I ask is I am going to be in your area for squirrel season and planning on retiring to Port Allen area in two years. If you wish to discuss offline, I can be reached at 703-550-2585 or can return your call.
As of right now its just plinking purposes and to keep my neighbors happy. In Louisiana its illegal to hunt with suppressors right now. Luckily the Louisiana Shooting Association (LSA) are great and working hard to get that law changed. They actually have a bill wrote up and submitted to the house now to that would allow the uses of silencers on nuisance quadrupeds. If that passes which LSA thinks it will then they are going to work on non nuisance game animals. So hopefully we will be using them for hunting soon. If you do move to Port Allen I highly recommend you become a member of LSA. Its 10 bucks a year I think and well worth it.
Conaso

Post by Conaso »

Then I guess I better send the CZ453 to be threaded. I initially got the 22 Sparrow for my SIG226 w/22LR Conversion Kit just for entertainment. I was hoping I could use the suppressor for nuisance animals, that'll be great. Can't wait to retire. Trying to locate the better ranges in the BR area, one's with both rifle and pistol ranges, and a 200+ yard rifle range. So far the one near Donaldsonville or Thibodaux. The range will dictate where I'll buy a home.
Conaso

Post by Conaso »

BTW - I found the Federal 510 Champion 40gr shoots best in my CZ453, so I bought a case. It'll consistently do 1/4-1/2" at 50yds. Me on the other hand... I have a Semi-Custom Low-wall 22LR coming any day. Gonna test Wolf, Fed 510, Fed 714, and Amer. Eagle. Then I need to get my Waltz 22LR sizing die to see if that helps any.
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

HB 169 passed the house 90-4 today and will be moving to the senate. This is the bill that will allow hunting nuisance quadrupeds with suppressors.
huntinherrington

Post by huntinherrington »

Heck ya!! Hopefully it will pass and then eventually an all out hunting bill will be passed