Group

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

selph arms llc
Silent But Deadly

Re: Group

Post by selph arms llc »

I am just looking for a nice cheap bullet to reload instead of paying $0.65 per projectile.

I have spent too much on the Barnes TTSX with only 50 to a box so I figured I better go with something in the 100 round bulk box instead…

I have way too many pigs to kill before next deer season to give the feed plots a fighting chance to mature before the pigs destroy it. I have come up with a hog pen AKA Brads shooting barrel; my friend and I are designing it and will be 12 feet round with a bait pile in the back. I will get some pictures of it once we get it built.
Selph Arms LLC
Brad Selph
president
[email protected]
www.selpharms.com
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT
selph arms llc
Silent But Deadly

Post by selph arms llc »

I just got some Hornady 110 gr V-Max bullets that cost $0.25 per projectile so a lot easier on the pocket book. I will go and try them out on paper and on some wild Pigs this next week; I will post a range report for accuracy and penetration on the pigs.
Selph Arms LLC
Brad Selph
president
[email protected]
www.selpharms.com
07 FFL/Class 2 SOT
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

Try the Hornady 130, sierra 110g HP, or the 125g sierra pro hunter.
They are all pretty cheap, yet have good performance at their respective velocities.
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.
Notar
Silent Operator

Post by Notar »

It will be cool to see what the 110 does to pigs, how hot of a load will you be using(I've shot to over 18grs and a 16 inch barrel, but work up to that load2200fps)? A 110 going 2400 fps will leave a mark. If you get a chance, drill one just forward of the shoulder, and maybe one a higher shoulder shot. The 125 gr bullets can be driven almost as fast as a 110, but 125 Ballistic tips here as scarce, and they are good bullets, but $$ too.

I'm not sure how much powder it would take to drive a 110vmax to over 2400fps, but it should tear some flesh.

Another option might be the Speer 180 SP from Hi-tech. 16 gr H110 and the 175gr OTM M118 is just shy of 1800fps with a DCA 16 inch barrel for comparison.

http://www.hi-techammo.com/ 14 cents each, and cheaper with quantity. Will this one expand, maybe when hitting bone and going 2000fps, I have no idea what it's expansion window is. It would be nice to see what it would do to a pig, no worse than a 220SMK sub.

Thanks for sharing your results, you have a very unique test bed, and you sound motivated to protect the crops, I hope you have fun doing it as well :)

I need to try that 125 Pro hunter Aaron likes.