Suppressing my Bushmaster BA 50

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jamesrm

Suppressing my Bushmaster BA 50

Post by jamesrm »

Does anyone have any first or second hand experience about suppressing a Bushmaster BA 50? I have not removed the muzzle brake to examine what type/if threads are there or not. I am thinking the AAC Cyclops, unless there is a better option. Better would be significantly less expensive or a significant db reduction. My goal is to get the report to a level that it is safe to shoot without hearing protection, mostly to appease the neighbors, as even though I have 100 acres where I am at, as is the thing is just too loud to routinely shoot.

Thanks!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Suppressing my Bushmaster BA 50

Post by Bendersquint »

jamesrm wrote:Does anyone have any first or second hand experience about suppressing a Bushmaster BA 50? I have not removed the muzzle brake to examine what type/if threads are there or not. I am thinking the AAC Cyclops, unless there is a better option. Better would be significantly less expensive or a significant db reduction. My goal is to get the report to a level that it is safe to shoot without hearing protection, mostly to appease the neighbors, as even though I have 100 acres where I am at, as is the thing is just too loud to routinely shoot.

Thanks!
You won't find one with BETTER sound reduction on the market at this time but in the near future there will be some that are close. There are others that are cheaper price wise though, but are a little louder. They will all be fine on your 100 acre property

With your requirements of hearing safe you are looking at the Cyclops at this time.

-B
k31user
Industry Professional

Post by k31user »

I have a spare one of those barrels down at the shop. I'll double check, but I think it has an extra long 1-14 thread with a jam nut to hold the brake on. I can get more exact dimensions if you don't feel like taking yours apart.

Ron
Ops Inc
jamesrm

Post by jamesrm »

That would be great, thanks.
RustedAce
Silent But Deadly

Post by RustedAce »

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvB2WZewlvE

Its hearing safe.
k31user
Industry Professional

Post by k31user »

I was told the Ops Inc .50 suppressor compared favorably to the AAC device at the Silencer shoot, although I have never done a side by side comparison personally. It is larger though, but possibly less expensive.
keithinvestigations
Silent Operator

Post by keithinvestigations »

Just got a BA 50 and want to suppress it. OP did you ever do this?
Davy Keith