First Outing with Noveske Rogue Hunter 300Blackout/Reloads

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

stmcelroy
Silent Operator

First Outing with Noveske Rogue Hunter 300Blackout/Reloads

Post by stmcelroy »

Finally finished up some round of 300blk using 5-10yr old 125gr Nosler Ballistic Tips and some recently purchased Sierra 110gr JHP Varminter bullets.

Loaded up 5rd groups of three different powder levels for each and a couple of 2rd combos of higher powder levels for the NBT's.

Here are the rounds ready to go to the range:

These are the first rounds out of my Noveske 16" Rogue Hunter (All groups were shot at 25yds because I have had no ammo to sight in until now, but some show potential).

Nosler Ballistic Tips loads:

5rd Groups:

2rd "Group"(Checking for pressure, but has potential):

Reformed LC Brass
Winchester WSR Primer
Hodgdon H110 Powder
Trim Length 1.358"
OAL 2.086"

Sierra 110gr JHP Varminter Rounds:

Reformed LC Brass
Winchester WSR Primer
Hodgdon H110 Powder

Trim Length 1.358"
OAL 1.986"

My chronograph was having issues, or maybe it was me since I bought it in 1996 and haven't used it in 10 years.....

The higher charge Nosler Ballistic Tip rounds were running in the high 2,200's, the higher charge Sierra Varminter rounds were mid to high 2,400's.

Not sure where the upper limit of this round is but I didn't see much if any pressure signs and the NBT rounds didn't start locking back the BCG until around 18.3grs of H110. Sierra Varminter rounds locked back the BCG on all charges, for the time being i'm going to load around 20.5grs of H110, unless Hodgdon or some else recommends other.

And a picture of the gun, can't forget that. :mrgreen: