Suppressor for a AK74?

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

mstennes

Suppressor for a AK74?

Post by mstennes »

I would like to pick up a exact or as close as possible suppressor for my AK74, that looks just like what the Russians use, where would I find such a setup? I see on Red Jacket Firearms they make one but I know nothing about them (other than their show) or their suppressors.
Thanks
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Suppressor for a AK74?

Post by Bendersquint »

mstennes wrote:I would like to pick up a exact or as close as possible suppressor for my AK74, that looks just like what the Russians use, where would I find such a setup? I see on Red Jacket Firearms they make one but I know nothing about them (other than their show) or their suppressors.
Thanks
Any custom shop can help you out with that, I would avoid Red Jacket Firearms personally, getting stuff from them is a joke.

We were going to build on for a customer that was wanting one like you mentioned then he just decided to go with a 5.56 can that had better performance and call it a day, he's happy now!

-B
mstennes

Post by mstennes »

Bendersquint wrote:
mstennes wrote:I would like to pick up a exact or as close as possible suppressor for my AK74, that looks just like what the Russians use, where would I find such a setup? I see on Red Jacket Firearms they make one but I know nothing about them (other than their show) or their suppressors.
Thanks
Any custom shop can help you out with that, I would avoid Red Jacket Firearms personally, getting stuff from them is a joke.

We were going to build on for a customer that was wanting one like you mentioned then he just decided to go with a 5.56 can that had better performance and call it a day, he's happy now!

-B
I had thought about it, but I was looking for look of Russian one, could one mod one to look like it?
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

mstennes wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
Thanks

-B
I had thought about it, but I was looking for look of Russian one, could one mod one to look like it?
There are several designs but none of them would be a problem to duplicate with better internals though.

-B