Finally got my REPR!!!

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Finally got my REPR!!!

Post by 504ranger »

After placing my order for a 16" MRE REPR back in Jan 09 my day finally came and I picked up my new toy today. Pretty excited to try it out and it seems like LWRC worked the problems out so I'm kind of glad I ended up waiting. Thinking about putting an ACOG on top so it should be more than capapble of engaging targets effectively out to 600m. I would mostly be shooting steel and like I said the distances would be about 600m and closer. What do you guys think for an optic?
I'm having some camera issues so I will post pics later.
VanKamp
Silent But Deadly

Re: Finally got my REPR!!!

Post by VanKamp »

I'm looking at a NF NXS 2.5-10 x 32 compact (mil-dot) for the same setup you have. So jealous... can't wait to get mine.

ETA - Can't see pic, must see the MRE goodness
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Re: Finally got my REPR!!! Updated with pics (07 Aug)

Post by 504ranger »

Here you go.

and

VanKamp
Silent But Deadly

Post by VanKamp »

Nice! Congratulations on a superb purchase. Please share your feedback once you shoot it, especially with the scar-h. I'm interested in how it stacks up against the 762sd.
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

Thanks VK. I will definitely let you know how it shoots. Hopefully I can get to the range in the very near future.
firefighter509
Silent But Deadly

Post by firefighter509 »

Looking at this same setup, only exception i have the 762sd. Please keep us updated. I am on the fence between this and the LMT MWS
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
LIKE REGAN WATCH THIS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49zqB6qV7hI&feature=related
VanKamp
Silent But Deadly

Post by VanKamp »

Ranger, any updates? How's the Scar H SD perform on the REPR?
504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

VK I'm sorry I am deployed right now. Got a chance to shoot it at work with the can and it worked well. Only a 25m range but no issues. When I get back I plan on taking it out some more.
VanKamp
Silent But Deadly

Post by VanKamp »

AHAHAHAHA I figured with the delay you probably were. No worries, I'm deployed right now too and am in the process of getting my REPR together for when I get back. Glad to hear you are happy with yours. Keep your head down brother. Maybe I'll see you at chow.
chainring
Senior Silent Operator

Post by chainring »

Very nice. Look forward to hearing more about it. Stay safe.
VanKamp
Silent But Deadly

Post by VanKamp »

Ranger, I finally picked up mine as well! Once I get it up and running like I want, I'll update in a new thread. How's yours going? Photo below, sorry, cell phone...

504ranger
Silent But Deadly

Post by 504ranger »

VK looks great. I have run several hundred through mine so far and it fuctions flawlessly. One day I'll post some more pics. Congrats and glad you made it home safe.
diablito
Silent But Deadly

Post by diablito »

those are very sexy sticks!! been contemplating 1 or a KAC carbine... would love to hear the LWRC suppressed!
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

This thread is great. My AAC 7.62 should be in any day now. Need to get a new platform to go with it.

Found this on the LMT MWS 650 yards

http://youtu.be/uLIxg7chiPo
-----
Ick
zakk
Silent But Deadly

Post by zakk »

anyone use as hi lux CMR? I've read a few articles about them and I'm pretty interested in it but weary of cheap glass. According to shotgun news its what "the russian version of delta force is using." I like the 1-4 power idea and the reticule seems interesting. I would really like to try one and unless someone can tell me for sure they are junk I may just pick one. For the price i think it may be worth a shot. But if its any good I think I would rather have it then an ACOG. and it seems to be along the lines of what your looking for and I think it would look good oin your rifle. http://www.leatherwoodoptics.com/index. ... icle&id=51 add a cat tail throw lever and I think it would be pretty nice on any mid range rifle.
gus777

Post by gus777 »

one up grade for repr is the tension pin under rear take down pin with a spring loaded plunger ..i got mine at fastall for less than 10 bucks ...why you ask when you shoot the repr it beats the hell out the pin upper/lower comes loose ..sorry i forgot size take it out and go thread pitch gauge ....other is a over sized steel ar-15 mag release reshaped into a ''D'' shape ,making a faster mag change ....