9MM SBR Project.......

Talk about them here.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Fire_Medic
Silent Operator

9MM SBR Project.......

Post by Fire_Medic »

Well, after literally stumbling across a for sale ad for a 9MM Noveske 7.5" SS barrel, I will be putting together a 9MM SBR. I just couldn't pass on the price for the barrel, and I have wanted to do a 9MM sbr for quite some time just for fun and cheap plinking, I reload a lot of 9MM so no big deal caliber wise. I decided to stray from my love of FDE :mrgreen: and go Foliage Green for this build. Redtazdog has been a lot of help here with this through PM, and so far my list of parts (either on hand or en route) is as follows:

- Noveske SS 7.5" 9MM barrel
- VLTOR MUR upper w/o Forward Assist
- Magpul MBUS Gen 2 fornt and rear BUIS (FG)
- MAgpul CTR Milspec (FG)
- Magpul Enhanced Pad for Stock
- Magpul MOE+ (FG)
- BAD ASS ambi safety (FG)
- VLTOR receiver extension (milspec)
- Carbine Buffer spring
- YHM 9MM SS buffer
- CMMG 9MM BCG (ramped)
- Spikes Tactical LPK (hope it's not garbage)

I still have not decided on the rail, not sure yet if I want to do an SD type build with part of the can in the rail or not. I'm torn because of I do then will have to shoot it suppressed all the time (not necessarily a bad thing) but if the can is on something else then no dice). Also am thinking of going with the DDLES dedicated 9MM lower, but they have not returned my emails from almost a week ago, very frustrating right now. I had some questions for them, mainly on the engraving, I will need more than (2) lines as the trust name does not fit in line one on their order page. After that, it's just deciding on a sling, getting some metalform mags, and deciding which can for this, right now eyeballing the Liberty Mystic.

Any input/opinions is welcomed.

Thanks
FM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Conqueror
Elite Member

Re: 9MM SBR Project.......

Post by Conqueror »

FWIW you can still shoot the gun without the can on if you do an "SD." You just have to make sure your hand is behind the muzzle (use a handstop or a vertical grip), and maybe wear a glove up front if you don't already.
[b]Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?[/b]
ronin111
Silent But Deadly

Re: 9MM SBR Project.......

Post by ronin111 »

Conqueror wrote:FWIW you can still shoot the gun without the can on if you do an "SD." You just have to make sure your hand is behind the muzzle (use a handstop or a vertical grip), and maybe wear a glove up front if you don't already.
I use a 5.5 inch flash hider on mine when not shooting suppressed.