Shoot arrows with your 10/22 or 77/22.

Moderator: mpallett

redtazdog
Elite Member

Re: Shoot arrows with your 10/22 or 77/22.

Post by redtazdog »

jlwilliams wrote:Nice barrels. I've been thinking about trying something like that on an airgun.
I'm in search for a garage sale paintball gun that I can make a barrel for and
test.
mx201er
Silent But Deadly

Re: Shoot arrows with your 10/22 or 77/22.

Post by mx201er »

redtazdog wrote:
jlwilliams wrote:Nice barrels. I've been thinking about trying something like that on an airgun.
I'm in search for a garage sale paintball gun that I can make a barrel for and
test.
I made a thread on launcher for a cheesy little taurus .22 a friend gave me last summer, modeled it off of your pictures :) thanks for the idea. All I had to use were some really old nailgun blanks, but it worked awesome!

I had the same idea with the paintball gun and I have a few, including a neat little pistol. I have a friend that discovered a few years back that you can wrap electrical tape around a blowgun to wedge it in a paintball gun barrel and it sunk a 2" dart completely into a pine tree at fifty yards, and accurately also. He got quite a few squirrels with that; I bet a short bolt would go quite a ways

ps, where did you get the small tube that the arrow goes over in your launcher? mine is just a temporary version, the threaded part is delrin and I used a carbon fiber arrow shaft that fit into one of my old aluminum arrows for the tube.. only problem is that the .22 blanks erode the carbon fiber tube and it breaks off and needs shortened after about 20 shots
"If you are mad as hell and aren't going to take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside.
If you're the only dumbass with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet."