I've got a spare 21 frame and slide, both Gen 3. I'd like to set them up for suppressor use. I already have a .578 x 28 piston.
I don't anticipate this build seeing a lot of use, so I was hoping to stay around or less than $150 as I'll have to buy some high sights as well.
Here's a short list I put together:
1. Lone Wolf Alphawolf which I can get in the $130 - $140 range.
2. SilencerCo threaded barrel often on sale at Brownells for $140- $150.
3. I found Wolf Performance SS threaded barrels for $95 (+$10 for a thread protector). Wolf Performance is not Lone Wolf; they're associated with the ammo company. I found some OK reviews on Wolf Performance 9mm barrels but not the 45 barrels.
4. 80pbuilder.com has a SS 21 threaded barrel for $105. Not sure who makes it. I bought an aftermarket 17 slide and threaded barrel from them, and it seems fine although I only have a few hundred rounds through it.
5. Silencer Shop has a VDI (Voodoo) 21 barrel on sale for $149.
6. Someone on glocktalk pointed out that Glock now makes a factory 21 barrel with .578 x 28 threads. It's available on factory store for $155, but it doesn't have a fully supported chamber like aftermarket barrels do. Not sure if that really makes a difference or just marketing.
Any thoughts on these? Any others I should consider in this price range?
Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.
1 post • Page 1 of 1