Beretta slide-lock

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Beretta slide-lock

Post by Bendersquint »

FSCJedi wrote: :shock: That's the cost of a new Beretta, a threaded barrel, a high-end suppressor, AND the tax stamp. Wow.

What might be easier would be to find someone here in the states that is a gunsmith (and thus can accept/repair/modify firearms) that could do all the work on our existing frames/slides if we sent our personal guns in. I don't know if that's possible, though.

I really want this to happen, but I don't know that I can afford this mod as it stands. :(
I agree that price is absolutely ridiculous, you can get an actual KAC setup(with KAC can) for only a little more! :shock:

I would be interested in producing those in the US, I can produce then for FAR cheaper than Palladium's quotes.

All depends if we have enough time and interest to make it worth it.
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

Bendersquint wrote:
FSCJedi wrote: :shock: That's the cost of a new Beretta, a threaded barrel, a high-end suppressor, AND the tax stamp. Wow.

What might be easier would be to find someone here in the states that is a gunsmith (and thus can accept/repair/modify firearms) that could do all the work on our existing frames/slides if we sent our personal guns in. I don't know if that's possible, though.

I really want this to happen, but I don't know that I can afford this mod as it stands. :(
I agree that price is absolutely ridiculous, you can get an actual KAC setup(with KAC can) for only a little more! :shock:

I would be interested in producing those in the US, I can produce then for FAR cheaper than Palladium's quotes.

All depends if we have enough time and interest to make it worth it.

You say... for only a little more you can get a real KAC ??? The price of a real KAC slide-lock is around 3000$ to 5000$ . If you find a gun shop that sells a KAC for less than 3000$ PLEASE shoot me the link !!!

Now you draw ? What type of software do you use ? Because there was not long ago, you contact me via private message to buy my drawing.

Saying that we can do better is something easy. You think you're able to do a better price with the same materials and tolerance +/- 0.005". Let's GO Matt, make a first prototype and made ​​a better price and I'll buy one from you. Now it would be interesting to see your design with pic on the forum.

I want to see your design and I think we all want to see.
Last edited by palladium on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

n.franklin wrote:All I need is a slide lock assembly with associated screws, detent pins, and springs. How much?
I can not give you a price for the moment because I will be make some modification on the parts.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

palladium wrote: You say... for only a little more you can get a real KAC ??? The price of a real KAC slide-lock is around 3000$ to 5000$ . If you find a gun shop that sells a KAC for less than 3000$ PLEASE shoot me the link !!!

Now you draw ? What type of software do you use ? Because there was not long ago, you contact me via private message to buy my drawing.

Saying that we can do better is something easy. You think you're able to do a better price with the same materials and tolerance +/- 0.005". Come on, make a first prototype and made ​​a better price and I'll buy one from you. Now it would be interesting to see your design with pic on the forum.

I saw a full setup go about 3 months ago for $2900 including the tax stamp(not sure if it was new or used), they are out there.

If you reread the private message I never said I wanted to buy your drawings. I said that we might be interested in taking it to market, and where did you interpret that I can't draw, I only said that our design will be awhile until its ready for production, it is pretty low on our priority list.

I have been given quotes of $1700-$2000 for a rifle stock we are working on for a one-off so it's hard to believe that such a small device would cost even that much or more when running multiple pieces. Maybe I am wrong or maybe we just have a good CNC shop and that makes the difference.

For what it is I think the price is outrageous. I was expecting a price of around $400 for the complete conversion.
palladium
Senior Silent Operator

Post by palladium »

Bendersquint wrote:
palladium wrote: You say... for only a little more you can get a real KAC ??? The price of a real KAC slide-lock is around 3000$ to 5000$ . If you find a gun shop that sells a KAC for less than 3000$ PLEASE shoot me the link !!!

Saying that we can do better is something easy. You think you're able to do a better price with the same materials and tolerance +/- 0.005". Come on, make a first prototype and made ​​a better price and I'll buy one from you. Now it would be interesting to see your design with pic on the forum.

I saw a full setup go about 3 months ago for $2900 including the tax stamp(not sure if it was new or used), they are out there.

If you reread the private message I never said I wanted to buy your drawings. I said that we might be interested in taking it to market, and where did you interpret that I can't draw, I only said that our design will be awhile until its ready for production, it is pretty low on our priority list.

I have been given quotes of $1700-$2000 for a rifle stock we are working on for a one-off so it's hard to believe that such a small device would cost even that much or more when running multiple pieces. Maybe I am wrong or maybe we just have a good CNC shop and that makes the difference.

For what it is I think the price is outrageous. I was expecting a price of around $400 for the complete conversion.

In machining,the programmation and set up the cnc machine that is the most expensive. More you manufacture parts more you are able to amortize the cost of the programmation and setup. If I make 100 parts the cost in greatly reduced, but I do a production of 15 units because the demand is not very large and very popular. I am not a company, I'm just a person who has a passion for firearms.

Seriously, How can you compare apples and bananas. You compare the price for a machined rifle stock propably in plastic or wood may be in aluminium, with my parts in 17-4 ph stainless H900., The cost of materials is not the same,The cutting speed is not the same, the set up is not the same and the time for the programmation is not the same. You speak without knowing anything. Before criticizing the price with bad comment. You should start with complete your website and sell parts that you designed yourself. I'm searching and searching on your post on silencer talk and I find nothing of interest on your post. No pic of your product. No pic of your desing. You're just spoken to say anything on your post. You do not have a post That has over 1000 views. I check on your web site and The only thing you seem to do is Jailbreaking a silencer of the other company and is very easy ! I dont find any pic or design of your suppressors and custom NFA. It's not because you lack of money I am forced to sell my parts and losing money.

I always liked the ST forum because people here are professional, polite and pleasant to spoke. I like coming here because there are several people of the gun industry that are very occuppe but always take the time to answer the question of people on the forum. Some people tell me on the forum that the price is high and I can understand because we all have different lives and different pay. But a person who has a business and that appears on ST and uses of the words as outrageous or ridiculous, I think it is inappropiate on this forum. You polluted this forum with your comments and your negative attitude.

I am now convinced by your lack of professionalism that we will never do business together.

Now I ask you no longer come write on my post because you're breaking the main interest of the post with your inappropriate comment.

Thanks you !
DrDremel
Senior Silent Operator

Post by DrDremel »

Make a run of 50 to cut the cost/price down with a jig rental and I think you would sell every one of them.
Gentleman4561

Post by Gentleman4561 »

Anyone working on this idea?
BigBoyToyz

Post by BigBoyToyz »

Add me to the list.
Also please post cad file links, thanks.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

BigBoyToyz wrote:Add me to the list.
I seriously doubt anyone will share the CAD file for this, I know noone will ever get the CAD or drawings for the version we are working on.
BigBoyToyz

Post by BigBoyToyz »

I can make the slide and parts provided the files but I am not yet a licensed gunsmith so I couldn't modify your receiver.
I could sell each part set for 600 with a 30 dollar jig rental and out of respect giving the 30 dollars back to the owner of the cad files for the first 20 units. With the machines I own, I might as well apply for an 07/02 FFL manufacturer/dealer sometime in the near future.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

BigBoyToyz wrote:I can make the slide and parts provided the files but I am not yet a licensed gunsmith so I couldn't modify your receiver.
I could sell each part set for 600 with a 30 dollar jig rental and out of respect giving the 30 dollars back to the owner of the cad files for the first 20 units. With the machines I own, I might as well apply for an 07/02 FFL manufacturer/dealer sometime in the near future.
600 for the parts set? That is highway robbery for what it is.

Are they going to be fabricated from inconel or titanium or what?

CAD files are worth A LOT more than 600 bucks by the way!
wej51bj

Post by wej51bj »

Please add me to your buy list.

thanks
[email protected]
wej51bj

Post by wej51bj »

Please add me to your list. I'll buy one, just let me know.
thanks,
wej51bj
wej51bj

Post by wej51bj »

Please add me to your list and contact me when you have some for sale. [email protected]

Thanks,
Bill
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Post by hunter2 »

Did anything ever come of this?
DoctorSolo
Silent But Deadly

Post by DoctorSolo »

Those who held their breath perished long, long ago...
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

Bendersquint wrote:
I seriously doubt anyone will share the CAD file for this, I know noone will ever get the CAD or drawings for the version we are working on.

It's been a couple years now, are you still planning on selling your version?
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Sigproshooter wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:

It's been a couple years now, are you still planning on selling your version?
Yes, but there has been so little interest that it has been sidelined and will be worked on as time permits.

I think we had 4 people interested in it and for the time its taking and to bump up the priority we need at least 50, and I just don't see that happening anytime soon.
Sigproshooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sigproshooter »

If you would open a new thread and get into whatever specifics people want it may gin up the required 50.

I would be one of the 50 if I had more info. It is a super cool project.

Hell man, fill the gap left by KAC and others, serve the greater cause and sell us cool s--t we don't really need but really, REALLY want.

:D
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu
mk23
Silent But Deadly

Post by mk23 »

Yeah, a few years back KAC needed 50 orders to get another run of MP5SD cans. It seemed it would never happen.

Yet people stepped up, and I a, one of the lucky ones who got one of those MP5SD cans and absolutely love it!
n.franklin
Senior Silent Operator

Post by n.franklin »

I might as well get raw material, a file, and a case of beer; wish me luck!
GHEN
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GHEN »

Does anyone know where Palladium went or any contact info?

GHEN
MasterSergeantA

Post by MasterSergeantA »

Any further update on availability of this?