Liberty Mystic on M&P 9mm

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Texmullet

Liberty Mystic on M&P 9mm

Post by Texmullet »

I just received my can in Dec. and my S&W M&P 9mm w/factory threaded bbl. First of all it was extremely quiet! I was using Brown Bear 145gr. The problem is it would not cycle. I even tried a couple Winchester White Box 115gr(not so quiet!!)and they would not cycle either. I am using the booster I purchased w/the can. The only thing I could find on the net was to lubricate the booster. I have not had time to try that yet. Any ideas? I was not in an area to try w/out the can!
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Re: Liberty Mystic on M&P 9mm

Post by dtom29 »

try different ammo....
Buzduk
Silent But Deadly

Post by Buzduk »

Texmullet wrote:I just received my can in Dec. and my S&W M&P 9mm w/factory threaded bbl. First of all it was extremely quiet! I was using Brown Bear 145gr. The problem is it would not cycle. I even tried a couple Winchester White Box 115gr(not so quiet!!)and they would not cycle either. I am using the booster I purchased w/the can. The only thing I could find on the net was to lubricate the booster. I have not had time to try that yet. Any ideas? I was not in an area to try w/out the can!
Piston needs to be worn in and then cleaned. Get some clp and coat everything and then get some hot loads and go to work! When your finished shooting disassemble the booster and use tons of clp and wire brush and get that puppy clean! Shotgun bore brush works good for the housing. Reassemble and oil spring and piston for storage.
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/
Trevor2011
Silent But Deadly

Post by Trevor2011 »

On the bright side you have your can. Mine hasn't reached the dealer yet :)
Texmullet

Post by Texmullet »

Thanks for the responses....I will try hot loads and a well cleaned/oiled booster in a few days
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Use 147 gr federal, or 147 gr canned heat for plinking and winchester HP bonded (for HD)

Your booster and pistol need to wear in some. Also, 147 gr at 950-975 fps. Will help. I found unique to be ok at 4 gr with Berrys plated bullets, also 3.7 gr Win 231 .. the unique has less chamber pressure. The 231 may be hot in yiu gun with yiur primers.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!