TSD RMR Glock 19 Slide Issues

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

TSD RMR Glock 19 Slide Issues

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

The scenario:
Got a new TSD slide for a Glock 19 that's milled for an RMR from One Source Tactical. Also bought an OEM recoil spring from them for it.
The slide had everything except barrel and RMR.
I added my own RMR (using the short screws as provided by OST) and my own lone wolf barrel (that functions perfectly in my carry G19).

First trip out to the range w/ 100 rounds netted 10% FTF (light primer strikes) and 3% failure to eject (some with my Trident 9).

Upon breakdown and inspection, the striker would not move freely. It didn't pass the "rattle test" (holding the firing pin safety down and shaking the slide assembly). It didn't even move freely when I manually moved it with my fingers while holding down the FP safety. It would move but felt restricted.

I removed the channel liner and there appears to be a burr rolled down at the tapered end. New channel liner is on the way.

In the mean time, I reassembled the slide (minus the channel liner) and tried the shake test. It still doesn't rattle while holding the FP safety down. My others do. The movement is much smoother than it was with the old channel liner in it. I'm pretty sure that the original channel liner was causing a problem due to being boogered up during installation at the factory.

Thoughts/Next Steps:
When the new channel liner gets in, I'm going to take it to the range and run through some more tests along with another striker and spare striker parts just in case.

Hindsight is 20-20, and it's showing me that having an OEM slide milled (and OEM threaded barrel) would have been a better path.

Why the RMR+Glock path at all? This isn't my carry gun, it's my night vision/hog finishing off/armadillo dispatching pistol. For the record, I don't subscribe to the Suarez/Warrior Talk approach of using the NV on one eye and sighting through the RMR with the other. Yes, your brain does combine the two images, but it doesn't mean that both eyes are pointed on the same spot. I found that out when playing with an IR laser, Eotech and PVS-14. Instead, I use a helmet fixed PVS14 over the same eye that I sight through the RMR.

Thoughts/Input?
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights
Libertarian_Geek
Silent But Deadly

Re: TSD RMR Glock 19 Slide Issues

Post by Libertarian_Geek »

Update:

The old channel liner looks like it was mangled during install.
I replaced the channel liner, and no failure on 9 of 9 shots. I need to get to the range with a 100 rnd box now for more sample data.

Pretty bad QC IMHO.
https://www.facebook.com/DareDefendOurRights