Think i got a lemon..

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Derrick87

Think i got a lemon..

Post by Derrick87 »

So on impulse (was in a rush to) i bought a Beretta 21a used it seemed fine at the gun shop and it was at a good price but when i got home and inspected her more i can see that someone dry fired the H%@& out of it with what looks like someone took a punch and hit the tip of the chamber of the barrel also the rifling is almost nonexistent man im kinda upset about it lol ill try and post some pics soon
eric10mm
Silent But Deadly

Re: Think i got a lemon..

Post by eric10mm »

Anyone who is in to .22 rimfires for life should own one of these tools.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools ... d8869.aspx

Regarding the shallow rifling, it doesn't take much depth to work and it is nearly impossible to wear out a steel barrel with soft lead bullets. Unless your bullets are key-holing, fuggedaboudit.
Derrick87

Post by Derrick87 »

eric10mm wrote:Anyone who is in to .22 rimfires for life should own one of these tools.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools ... d8869.aspx

Regarding the shallow rifling, it doesn't take much depth to work and it is nearly impossible to wear out a steel barrel with soft lead bullets. Unless your bullets are key-holing, fuggedaboudit.
thanks for the info
i have yet to try her out so ill look for keyholing when i do tho its no big deal i plan on getting a threaded barrel for it anyhow
Derrick87

Post by Derrick87 »

well just got back from the range with it i had 2 f!$# ups with it 1 stove pipe and 1 fail to feed with cci sv as far as accuracy at about 10 feet it shoots low and left so that kinda sucks
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Post by yamatitan »

Derrick87 wrote:well just got back from the range with it i had 2 f!$# ups with it 1 stove pipe and 1 fail to feed with cci sv as far as accuracy at about 10 feet it shoots low and left so that kinda sucks
Use hotter ammo the 21a doesnt seem to like the weak stuff.