Threaded barrels for P250 in 45acp???

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.
helomech

Threaded barrels for P250 in 45acp???

Post by helomech »

Does anyone know where I can get a threaded barrel for the P250, full size, in 45 acp? I've been looking, but can't find one. In fact, I recently went to the NRA convention in Houston, and talked with the guy at the Sig counter. He said they weren't making them. Sounds crazy to me, but darned if I can find one, even in aftermarket. I really love this pistol and would like to suppress it ( future Form 1 build ). Any help would be appreciated.
tactical assault
Silent Operator

Re: Threaded barrels for P250 in 45acp???

Post by tactical assault »

You are going to have to get someone to extend and thread your current barrel. Sig made a couple of P250 in 9mm with threaded barrel, but has discontinued them. They do not produce threaded replacement barrels for the P250 line either.
helomech

Re: Threaded barrels for P250 in 45acp???

Post by helomech »

Any suggestions or recommendations on companies or individuals that can extend a barrel? I've emailed a couple of places that do this kind of work, but they weren't doing the P250 barrels. What is so different about this barrel? Hell, it looks pretty standard to me, but I can't seem to find anyone that can do this work for me. I'm starting to get the impression that this pistol is a bit of a bastard child that no one, Sig included, wants anything to do with as far as threaded barrels or after market accessories are concerned. May have to just settle for suppressing my 2 other 1911 model 45s. But I do like this pistol,,,,, a shame really. :?