1911a1 musings on articles from G&W for L.E.

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Hush
Silent But Deadly

1911a1 musings on articles from G&W for L.E.

Post by Hush »

I was looking through the Jan.'06 issue of Guns & Weapons for L.E. and read the article "Springfield gets downsized" by Rob Garrett.
Interesting article but I think the manufacturers got it wrong as far as bi or duo toned pistols go.
Why have a slide, even brushed be raw? It still reflects light like a mirror, thats o.k. for a target gun but not one made for combat, its the same with a nicely blued slide.
And if you are going for a two toned piece it should be the grip/frame that should be S.S. where your hand always is, nothing helps rust better then sweat and acids from your hands.
Yes, I know, get a Glock and don't worry about it :) But I love 1911a1's with an arched mainspring housing. :D

I also read the article by Rich Grassi on the new Kimber Desert Warrior, Oh man, what a nice looking piece! I really like the finish, kudo's to Kimber!

You know if they keep this up my house is going to slowly start sinking from just the 1911's I own, I tell myself I have enough, don't need anymore, I can only use one at a time, I talk myself out of things like this but if my dealer gets one in and I handle it thats it for me, I gotta have it.
Jeez, it just goes to show you no matter how old we may get were just little kids at heart who must have our toys. :D
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

I have a Les Baer 1911 that was custom made to my specifications back when they first started. My gun is two tone with the lower being satin hard chrome. My frame is checkered and my last 1911 I had worn the parkerizing off from shooting it and knew the points on the checkering on my new gun would never keep a finish so I specified satin hard chrome. I agree the slide should be dark in color as is mine.
Hush
Silent But Deadly

Post by Hush »

There you go, you've got the right idea. :D
Demand stringent background and mental health checks on your politicians.