Gemtech Tundra SV suppressor won't work on Sig 320C

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

tonyv51

Gemtech Tundra SV suppressor won't work on Sig 320C

Post by tonyv51 »

I already own a Sig 250C-TB 9mm with threaded barrel and Tundra SV suppressor, so when I bought a new 320C, I tested its claimed modularity with 250 accessories. When I switched in the threaded barrel, the 320C worked, fine; but when I added the Tundra SV can nearly every round stovepiped. I called Sig about this and they say a 320C-TB version has "not yet been developed!" My own guess is that the guide rod spring in Sigs 320 striker model is not strong enough to fully rack the slide back when the weight of a suppressor is added. Will the fix be a stronger spring or redesign? Who knows? But I'm very disappointed that Sig does not make this publically known in their marketing, and I've never seen it addressed by any of the pro reviewers. Another problem with the 320C is that the tip of the spring guide rod starts to protrude slightly beyond the tip of the barrel after a few hundred rounds. Sig says this is normal for the 320's design. But I've owned 6 Sigs, including several 250 models and never saw this happen before. Other than that, my 320C shoots well and I do like the short pull trigger better than the 250's long pull. I also had a spare 17 round full size grip milled down to compact slide length so I can load the many 17 round mags I already owned for the 250 Fullsize I sold off to buy a new 320C. The plastics fabricator who did that job for me is [email protected] in Las Vegas and he charged me $50 compared to a gunsmith who quoted $150 to do it. I'll try to post a pix of my 3 current Sigs (all 9mm): 250C-TB with Tundra SV suppressor, 320C with 17 round grip, and 290RS with 8-round extended mag, if I can; but I've posted it on other Sig Forum websites.
tonyv51

Re: Gemtech Tundra SV suppressor won't work on Sig 320C

Post by tonyv51 »

UPDATE on Sig 320C suppressor stove pipe problem. I got a reply on another forum that perhaps changing the guide rod spring from the .357 320C into my 9mm 320C would solve the stove pipe problem. I checked with Sig and they say the spring assembly is exactly the same for 9mm and .357. However, for the first time I got a better explanation for the stove pipe problem on my 9mm 320C. Sig says the threaded barrel of the 250C, which I used in the 320C with my Gemtech Tundra SV suppressor is TOO LONG and it throws off the balance when trying to recycle with the added weight of the suppressor. So Sig is making a shorter threaded barrel for the 320C. I hope this is a real solution and not merely more Sig excuses, but we will see.