Anyone tried CZ52 pistol suppression?

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Artful
Silent But Deadly

Anyone tried CZ52 pistol suppression?

Post by Artful »

As it uses the locking rollers and you could get them in 7.62 Tok or 9mm Luger it would seem to be a gun with potential :wink: - also you used to be able to buy extended threaded barrel cheap (Federal? as I remember) but can't see to find them on internet.

Cheaper than HK's I have seen :shock: just have find out if it's workable w/ a can... :lol:
"Trying to tax yourself into prosperity is like standing in a bucket and trying to pick yourself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill
Dark Tranquility
Elite Member

Post by Dark Tranquility »

I’m working on it. I’ve used a FAC barrel and had Mark McWillis make me an adapter for my trinity. The FAC CZ52 9mm barrels have 12 X 1 right hand metrec thread pitch. It is fussy with the ammo it likes. The 115 grain works fine because of its rounded nose, but the 147 with the flat point don’t feed at all. I think if the OAL was longer (9mm Largo) it would feed just fine. I’m thinking of re-chambering it to 9mm largo but would then need to buy 9mm largo dies and take up reloading it. Plus I purchased the last threaded 9mm CZ-52 barrel form www.makarov.com so if I @#$% it up there’s no going back.

What I would really like to know is if I could fire 7.62X25 out of my Trinity? The threaded 7.62X25 FAC barrels are still relatively easy to find and I have an adapter. I just don’t know if it would damage my suppressor. I know it would be higher pressure than a 9mm but it would also be only a .308 cal projectile which would allow some gas to blow by lowering the pressure. I know it wouldn’t be quiet but might allow me to shoot with out hearing protection.

Dan