What do you carry? & pic thread

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

This will be my CCW and OC handgun, but mine will have a different hammer and maybe a different rear sight:

hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

So many choices let me see I carry a SIG and or a P9 most of the time, I am trying to decide between a few others....

.50 BMG you know for aircraft and LAVs and stuff

Cuz robocop's gun was bad ass

A bit hard to carry but, some modified thunder wear and it would clear the third leg. :lol:

Just cuz I am weird

or maybe......
Last edited by hedonistic on Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.
jeeper1

Post by jeeper1 »

P3AT
Taurus 85 with CT laser grips and the Crossbreed Super Tuck holster that came yesterday.
I may not be completely sane, but at least I don't think I have the power to influence the weather.
jgreg65
Silent But Deadly

Post by jgreg65 »

jeeper1 wrote:P3AT
Taurus 85 with CT laser grips and the Crossbreed Super Tuck holster that came yesterday.
Hey Jeeper what do you think of the Cross Breed? I ordered one and have a few more weeks before I get it. And the Kel tek looks cool
jeeper1

Post by jeeper1 »

It looks good but I haven't had a chance to wear it yet. It holds the revolver very tight. More than I expected or want, it slows my draw a lot. As soon as I get a heat source I'll remedy that.

Edited to add.
I gave it a test fit today. It's hard to get the belt loops over the belt. And as it came the belt loops are positioned wrong for me. I am going to have to move them to different holes to lower the gun as low as it can go and tilt it somewhat as it was designed for strong side and I have always preferred crossdraw carry.
Overall It's a great holster just not the best for someone as fat as me.
I may not be completely sane, but at least I don't think I have the power to influence the weather.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

paco ramirez wrote:This will be my CCW and OC handgun, but mine will have a different hammer and maybe a different rear sight:
I don't think the thought police in Kalifornia will like you wanting to carry that Mr. paco :P
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

rsilvers wrote:I agree with the Comp-Tac. Although I prefer the Ghurka model since it has one clip on the holster body and only one out-rigger. That means you can push it into your pants much more easily since the clip on the holste does not flex as you push it in with one hand. I had both. I asked them if there was a down side to the C-Tac besides extra money and they said no. Then once I got it I called them and told them there was a downside, and they agreed with my comment but had never thought of it since they carried a C-Tac themselves for so long.

I carry a P7PSP in it now because I feel it is the safest gun ever made. If I leave it in a bathroom by mistake and someone finds it, they are very unlikely to shoot themselves -- or if a BG takes it from me.

In my humble opinion, the PSP is one of the finest pistols ever made. I carried one I had NP3ed for a few years before going to the Glock G19 when they came out. Still have my original G19, but stupidly let the PSP slip from my grasp
[b]Sharp Knives and Quiet Guns[/b]

Inside Sales - Advanced Armament Corp.
770-925-9988 (phone)
770-925-9989 (fax)
[email protected]
www.aacblog.com
www.advanced-armament.com
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

I have one that I am thinking about trading for a gun thats a little more me and there are plenty out there right now.
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

:twisted:
NFAtalk.org
Alael
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Alael »

My duty issued pistol... I changed the handle insert with one with a ring.
Beretta Steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by Beretta Steel »

Iread in a magazine that they were going to reintroduce the Bren Ten. Has anyone heard anything to confim this.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

Beretta Steel wrote:Iread in a magazine that they were going to reintroduce the Bren Ten. Has anyone heard anything to confim this.
Vltor is doing it I think.
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly

Post by hedonistic »

paco ramirez wrote:
Beretta Steel wrote:Iread in a magazine that they were going to reintroduce the Bren Ten. Has anyone heard anything to confim this.
Vltor is doing it I think.
yup,
http://vltor.wordpress.com/
Beretta Steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by Beretta Steel »

The Bren is going to be offered in 45 as well. AND they will have magazines this time.
Brian HHI 7265
Silent But Deadly

Post by Brian HHI 7265 »

I mostly carry either a Kimber Ultra CDP II or a Kimber Ultra 10 II. In years past I'd carry a full size 1911, but those days are long gone. It's much easier to carry the 3" models. If I still carried my gun in a mechanics bag I'd carry a full size 1911. All in .45 ACP and 23 or 24 rounds of ammo on hand depending on gun.

When the 3" Kimbers are too much gun I carry my old TDE Backup with 1 spare magazine. It isn't much gun, but it's a gun.

If I'm out all day (in the car) I generally have the AR15 and suppressor with me as well. 30 rounds of TAP ammo and however much of FMJ, generally not less than 100 rounds total.
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

You should use 180 grain Gold Dots in the 10mm. The 135 stuff has been thoroughly debunked. Not that it would be fun to get shot with it -- but 180 is better.
Beretta Steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by Beretta Steel »

Here is my Beretta 96 Steel-1. Not your average Beretta. single action, frame mounted safety, carry cocked and locked. Very accurate.

Here is my Beretta 87 before they started putting on idiot stamps.
karmapolice
Silent But Deadly

Post by karmapolice »

In a milt sparks summer 2 iwb holster
epik022

Post by epik022 »

springfield xd .40 4"
David
M16MANIAC
Silent But Deadly

Post by M16MANIAC »

Smith & Wesson 340 SC during hot summer days, Glock 19 or Walther p99 any other time.
Carry the Walther in a Milt Sparks IWB holster.
Will post some pics later today.
M16MANIAC
Silent But Deadly

Post by M16MANIAC »

Of coarse I don't carry with the 30 ronders but I do use them for backup mags.
ROFuher
Silent But Deadly

Post by ROFuher »

Kimber Compact CDP & spare Wilson Combat 8 rnd officer's mag in a Galco Walkabout, cross draw.
continuity-TROOPER, 2016
Wahoo95
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahoo95 »

P7 is my favorite right now. Here's mine...you can tell it gets carried a lot :) I've been toying ith the idea of having it refinished to restore it back to the look like RSILVERS P7! I was thinking IONBond's finish would be nice........

I do have to admit that every now and then I get the urge to carry a Wheelgun....here's my Model 66

Go Hoos!!!!
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

Wahoo, get the whole thing finished in a jean material so it blends in with your clothes! Then if someone does happen to see it, they won't see metal and think, "OMG GUN!"
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

My current Fav for the last 3 years is a Glock 23 with a shaved down Smartlock magwell, Glock 22 15rnd mag, factory extended mag release with the edges rounded off, a CTC laser grip Tru Glo TFO sights (Awesome sights day or night), and a metal guide rod with buffer. I load my own ammo and have worked a powerful 180gn JHP that flies straight out to 50 yards. I can get tight groups (For a pistol) past 50 yards but I have to use less powder. I carry mostly IWB but also have a Serpa I modified a little for my taste. I added a piece of a sanding belt to the release button so on my draw I can feel where the button is. I also cut off the plastic slide guide on the top of the holster. My CC pistol is a tool. It is not pretty, it is scratched, worn, shot frequently and loaded with dust bunnies after a week of carry. The pretty guns sleep cozy in the safe at night. I trust this Glock and take special care in the ammo I make for it. I Sell and Repo cars in North City St. Louis and have needed it on several occasions. It has never failed me. The best safety feature on this pistol is my trigger finger. The factory trigger weight is ideal for carry and there is no need to change it. I carry a spare mag, a CRKT Desert Cruiser folder, and when out on the hunt back it up with a PPKS loaded with silvertips that has had all bullet contact points polished. I have carried many other combos including several 1911’s, wheel guns, other poly autos, pocket guns and I even carried my NFA registered Mac 11 in a homemade hidden Tactical Rig similar to the MP5k set up. Decided not to do that anymore after I spoke with my lawyer and he said if I shot somebody with the Mac he would not defend me. Not because it was illegal just that he did not want to have to try to explain why I dumped 20 rounds of 124gn NATO into a human torso in 0.75 seconds.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.