What do you carry? & pic thread

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

User avatar
Wraith
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1745
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:02 pm
Location: Hoosier Daddy

Post by Wraith » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:30 pm

bp after that comment and given your weight I now dub you... Wile E. Coyote. :lol:
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Always out numbered, never outgunned.
Mom... Dad... I'm gaelic.

User avatar
1911pilot
Elite Member
Posts: 2247
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Unincorporated Clark County

Post by 1911pilot » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:46 pm

Wraith wrote:bp after that comment and given your weight I now dub you... Wile E. Coyote. :lol:
I second. What a bizzare mental picture that creates...

User avatar
MPfiveengineer
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1158
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:07 am
Location: Seattle, WA
Contact:

Post by MPfiveengineer » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:11 pm

Here is mine :lol: , maybe a little more doable than BP's


Image
�A wise man will often simplify the complicated, while a fool will complicate the simple�

User avatar
Wraith
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1745
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:02 pm
Location: Hoosier Daddy

Post by Wraith » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:01 am

Nice! You should get the shoulder harness so it sits higher up and you can put a can on it!
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Always out numbered, never outgunned.
Mom... Dad... I'm gaelic.

User avatar
SuicideHz
Silent Operator
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:50 pm
Location: Indiana

Post by SuicideHz » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:23 pm

bp_968 wrote:I finally got my new carry gun:

Image
liar! I think there's a stand under there... therefore, it's not "carry" :D

User avatar
nauss
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN
Contact:

Post by nauss » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:14 am

rsilvers wrote:I agree with the Comp-Tac. Although I prefer the Ghurka model since it has one clip on the holster body and only one out-rigger. That means you can push it into your pants much more easily since the clip on the holste does not flex as you push it in with one hand. I had both. I asked them if there was a down side to the C-Tac besides extra money and they said no. Then once I got it I called them and told them there was a downside, and they agreed with my comment but had never thought of it since they carried a C-Tac themselves for so long.

I carry a P7PSP in it now because I feel it is the safest gun ever made. If I leave it in a bathroom by mistake and someone finds it, they are very unlikely to shoot themselves -- or if a BG takes it from me.


Image
I think that this model HK is one the best designs due to the no question safety feature. HK is always my preference. Nice hardware.

User avatar
stymie
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 5:45 pm

My primary is...

Post by stymie » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:00 am

a BREN TEN SM

Double-Tap 10mm 135gr Nosler jhps @ 1600fps & 767 ft./lbs

Image

:twisted:

I carry it in a Ted Blocker LifeLine shoulder rig
"My GOD can kick your god's ass!"

User avatar
bp_968
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 2666
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 9:56 pm
Location: KY USA
Contact:

Post by bp_968 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:08 am

nauss wrote:
rsilvers wrote:I agree with the Comp-Tac. Although I prefer the Ghurka model since it has one clip on the holster body and only one out-rigger. That means you can push it into your pants much more easily since the clip on the holste does not flex as you push it in with one hand. I had both. I asked them if there was a down side to the C-Tac besides extra money and they said no. Then once I got it I called them and told them there was a downside, and they agreed with my comment but had never thought of it since they carried a C-Tac themselves for so long.

I carry a P7PSP in it now because I feel it is the safest gun ever made. If I leave it in a bathroom by mistake and someone finds it, they are very unlikely to shoot themselves -- or if a BG takes it from me.


Image
I think that this model HK is one the best designs due to the no question safety feature. HK is always my preference. Nice hardware.
I loved the one I played with. The only issue I had was that squeezing the grip took an awful lot of force. if your hand was damaged in anyway you can forget shooting.
-----------------------------

This space for rent.

User avatar
Zephyr
Swift Silent Deadly
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:56 pm
Location: OCONUS
Contact:

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:06 pm

Nice, Stymie! I especially like the Raven :) I want to get a 10mm barrel for my G21 SOMEDAY.



DVC,
Frank
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

- Ernest Hemingway, April 1936

User avatar
nauss
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1208
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN
Contact:

Post by nauss » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:53 am

bp_968 wrote:
nauss wrote:
rsilvers wrote:I agree with the Comp-Tac. Although I prefer the Ghurka model since it has one clip on the holster body and only one out-rigger. That means you can push it into your pants much more easily since the clip on the holste does not flex as you push it in with one hand. I had both. I asked them if there was a down side to the C-Tac besides extra money and they said no. Then once I got it I called them and told them there was a downside, and they agreed with my comment but had never thought of it since they carried a C-Tac themselves for so long.

I carry a P7PSP in it now because I feel it is the safest gun ever made. If I leave it in a bathroom by mistake and someone finds it, they are very unlikely to shoot themselves -- or if a BG takes it from me.


Image
I think that this model HK is one the best designs due to the no question safety feature. HK is always my preference. Nice hardware.
I loved the one I played with. The only issue I had was that squeezing the grip took an awful lot of force. if your hand was damaged in anyway you can forget shooting.
I would have thought that HK would make it a soft pull. Hmmmm. Might be worth getting one and smithing the grip pressure. Cool gun regardless.

User avatar
silencertalk
Site Admin
Posts: 33986
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 am
Location: USA

Post by silencertalk » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:51 pm

The grip pressure is 18 lbs to start the squeeze, and just a few lbs to hold it. I would not want to reduce the grip pressure. If you just grasp it normally with a shooting stance it is sqeezed.

bulletboy
Silent Operator
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: WA
Contact:

Post by bulletboy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:32 am

If I carry, its usually my G17 with a BladeTech, but it may have been a phase, since I'm becoming partial to my 1911 again lately.
Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined. -Patrick Henry

cyclone72
Silencertalk Goon Squad
Posts: 7566
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:16 pm
Location: Florida

Post by cyclone72 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:33 am

bp_968 wrote:I finally got my new carry gun:

Image

do you have a Safariland or Fobus holster :D

User avatar
delbert
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 204
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:28 pm

Post by delbert » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:17 am

My EDC's
Image

User avatar
arjunabug
Silent Operator
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Contact:

Post by arjunabug » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:47 am

I usually carry one of these two.

GLOCK 26, 9mm, 13 rounds w/+2 ext, front pocket or IWB
Image

STI VIP, .45, 10 +1 rounds, OWB or shoulder
Image

Camping, I will usually take either my trusty .357 magnum Ruger revolver or my Glock 21.

User avatar
Tactical Joe
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:59 am
Location: Nevada. Somewhere in the desert

Re: My primary is...

Post by Tactical Joe » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:10 pm

stymie wrote:a BREN TEN SM

Double-Tap 10mm 135gr Nosler jhps @ 1600fps & 767 ft./lbs

Image

:twisted:

I carry it in a Ted Blocker LifeLine shoulder rig
Also carried by Don Johnson in MIAMI VICE!!!!
Speak softly and carry a big gun!!!!!

User avatar
christian
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:27 am
Location: Trashcanistan
Contact:

Post by christian » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:36 am

I've been really happy with my Glock 19's concealability:

Image

Some days it's harder to conceal more than others though:

Image
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-- WOW! What a ride!"

User avatar
jgreg65
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by jgreg65 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:22 am

Sig226 NSW Edition

Image


While the weather is cold

User avatar
PDNick
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:51 pm
Location: OHIO

Post by PDNick » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:21 pm

Had tons of holsters for all the guns and after 30 years, I have narrowed it down to three, depending on which weapon I am carrying or what I am wearing. Fobus paddles for the G-27 and Sig 230, a belly band for both and a Galco ankle holster for the Sig. That's it.
Last edited by PDNick on Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
shootertom
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1102
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:48 pm
Location: Mid-West

Post by shootertom » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:47 am

Is that a mini gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me! :shock:

Dirty 30
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Dallas, TX
Contact:

Post by Dirty 30 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:43 am

My Beretta PX4 G-type .40S&W 14rnd mag, also have a 17rnd mag

Image
Beretta
PX4 .40 :: CX4 .40 :: 90-two .40

User avatar
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1614
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:24 am
Location: Mormonville, USA

Post by hedonistic » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:54 am

Is that a guitar case? Are you the desperado? Hay man how do you shoot behind your back like that?
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.

gidds
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:17 pm

Post by gidds » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:48 am

Image

NextGen
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 1:57 pm
Location: MI

Post by NextGen » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:52 am

i should mention this is my future carry set up. MI gov't feels that i am not old enough and that my life is not worth defending until im 21 :x

anyways, HK P2000 with Galco skyops IWB..very comfortable holster..worth every cent :D

Image

Image
The right to defend oneself, is only guaranteed by those who choose to do so.

User avatar
jgreg65
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 360
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:03 pm

Post by jgreg65 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:01 pm

My latest Build for CCW

Image

SA Champion been to the Gunsmith once for Sites and Beaver tail Safety and a trigger job. I'm good for a little while anyways.

Post Reply