New Sign Appears at Work

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

bkoski
Silent Operator

New Sign Appears at Work

Post by bkoski »

Pussies.

I think it will look nice hanging on the wall in my gun room though...
Stu
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stu »

What kind of business is it?
Wilder
Elite Member

Re: New Sign Appears at Work

Post by Wilder »

bkoski wrote:Image

Pussies.

I think it will look nice hanging on the wall in my gun room though...
That is legal. They can now have you arrested if you have your gun on you. The people who posted this sigh do have a clue, and are preparing to screw someone over. They had a lawyers advise.
hoss
Silent But Deadly

Post by hoss »

Not in Texas. Thank God.
Hoss
bkoski
Silent Operator

Post by bkoski »

Ironic, Stupid, and Hypocritical. I'm flying a $3million helicopter. I have 7 passengers aboard. Yet I'm not trusted with my .45??

If I had any balls I'd tear the sign down and hand it to my boss with my resignation tomorrow. If I can't be trusted with my Sig, then I might as well be making $80k/yr in Saudi Arabia, tax free... I'd at least have a bodyguard then, hehe.

Sorry for ranting, sometimes it needs to be done. -Brett
cdmillig
The Slippery One

Post by cdmillig »

do you have a concealed permit? I doubt it but the owner may still permit CCH permitted people.

Or you could just buy a sub-compact with an inside the waistband holster and say F--k you mother fucker-how would he ever know? Or follow the rules :(
Be kind to others and stay ready
1911pilot
Elite Member

Re: New Sign Appears at Work

Post by 1911pilot »

Wilder wrote:That is legal. They can now have you arrested if you have your gun on you. The people who posted this sigh do have a clue, and are preparing to screw someone over. They had a lawyers advise.
I don't believe that its legal. At least thats what I was told in CCW class, (I made it a point to ask, its trespassing if you ignore it).

However.... Flying helicopters... I believe that there is something in the NV state law about "public areas" of an airport, FBOs, ramps, terminals, etc...

Its still retarded, you should put a victim disarmament zone sticker on it.
Colt 1911: The original point and click interface.
soohwa
Silent But Deadly

Post by soohwa »

Does not apply to CCW permit holders. Only open carry folks.

CCW cannot carry through places posting a metal detector at the entrance, a building that has a govt office and one other place that is escaping my memory right now.

The only thing they can do is ask you to leave if you are carrying like 1911 said.

Now if it's your job posting that, then they can probably fire you for breaking company policy.

Edit: Hmm, going back and looking at NRS 202.3673 3(b), it appears that it is a legal 'verboten' sign. I guess I need to bring this up during my renewal next year. Because I sure don't remember that being a legal sign.
كافر
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

soohwa wrote:Does not apply to CCW permit holders. Only open carry folks.

CCW cannot carry through places posting a metal detector at the entrance, a building that has a govt office and one other place that is escaping my memory right now.

The only thing they can do is ask you to leave if you are carrying like 1911 said.

Now if it's your job posting that, then they can probably fire you for breaking company policy.

Edit: Hmm, going back and looking at NRS 202.3673 3(b), it appears that it is a legal 'verboten' sign. I guess I need to bring this up during my renewal next year. Because I sure don't remember that being a legal sign.
For "joe citizen" to walk onto the property it is NOT a legal sign. "persuant to section 30.06 (persons carring a firearm)" bla, bla, bla. Must be "promanantly" posted in no less than one inch block letters in contrasting colors. . .yada, yada, yada.

Now if it is you employers property and you're employed there and the sign is in addition to the company policy, that you've signed a paper saying you recieved a copy of, then it does apply.

Than's how I remember my classes. Of course some of that changed last September so I'm not 100% sure.
crotalus01
Silent But Deadly

Post by crotalus01 »

In my CCW class we were told signage varies from state to state. In Tennessee, the red slash through the gun is not sufficient, the sign must be posted written "guns not allowed" "no guns on property" etc etc. That sign would most definitley be legal in TN and would subject Joe Citizen to a criminal tresspass charge if he ignored it... :evil:
Remember kids, SALAD is NOT food...salad is what food EATS.
renegade
Silent But Deadly

Post by renegade »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
For "joe citizen" to walk onto the property it is NOT a legal sign. "persuant to section 30.06 (persons carring a firearm)" bla, bla, bla. Must be "promanantly" posted in no less than one inch block letters in contrasting colors. . .yada, yada, yada.

Now if it is you employers property and you're employed there and the sign is in addition to the company policy, that you've signed a paper saying you recieved a copy of, then it does apply.

Than's how I remember my classes. Of course some of that changed last September so I'm not 100% sure.
The sign is in Las Vegas, Nevada, Texas law does not apply.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

renegade wrote:
L1A1Rocker wrote:

Sorry, I was reading your "location" listed under your avitar.

I see it now on the OP
soohwa
Silent But Deadly

Post by soohwa »

L1A1Rocker wrote:
renegade wrote:
L1A1Rocker wrote:

Sorry, I was reading your "location" listed under your avitar.

I see it now on the OP
I know it's confusing. I have both TX and NV permits. I travel a lot to Vegas and Tx permit is not recognized there. That's why I had to go back and read the Nevada Revised Statute, because I only remembered the metal detector part and the "gunbuster" signs, the 2nd part of the sign makes it off limits to NV CCW's.
كافر
ick
Silent But Deadly

Post by ick »

I was at a mall (not near my house) and asked the one security guard if handguns were permitted on the premisis. Here is the gist of what he said:

1. Security is prohibited by management from having handguns or tazers.
2. Patrons are not permitted to have handguns. If they catch one I believe they call the police immediately...not simply ask the person to leave.

Interesting thing is...the ONE mall has no signage whatsoever that states this.

The other mall has no sinage...except in the one entrance there is a "poster" that has all sorts of rules...from lude clothing to solicitation rules...and the last one says no handguns or rifles. The poster is way off to the side and is in small print.

Not sure of the legal ramificaitons...but I assume that as a customer of the mall...if they don't have an overt disclosed message when I enter the store...they can't "charge" me for not knowing that the property owner has a "no firearms" rule?

Here is a link to a bunch of signs. Getting one for the "man room" of the house does sound like a neat idea. It would look nice in the corner...right by the gun rack, lol.

http://www.mysecuritysign.com/MPS/No_Gu ... PAod6ksrnA
-----
Ick
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

the paragraphs above the sighs make me laugh and puke

Oh, one of our little signs will make you safe :evil:
[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/19283938/kookaid.gif[/img]
Griz
Silent But Deadly

Post by Griz »

They might as well post this:
bkoski
Silent Operator

Post by bkoski »

Griz, nice, I've been looking for something like this. I printed a few and will put one up next time I'm at work at that particular base. I'm also bringing a few to Omaha this week, I know of a few businesses that need a friendly reminder of their ignorance.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

I say you either post something near it to mock it for its life-threatening ignorance, or take the sign and something in it's place. Like a still frame from 2girls1cup or goatse or something.
tuckerrnr1
Silent But Deadly

Post by tuckerrnr1 »

Take the sign, shoot it full of holes and then put it back up.
[img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/19283938/kookaid.gif[/img]
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

I don't really see buildings in MT ever posted for no guns, but if I did, I'd love to have some stickers made up like the one posted above. They would be priceless for such an occasion. :twisted:
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
szemke
Silent But Deadly

Post by szemke »

From the website...
A no weapons sign issues stern visual warnings about one of today's most pressing safety concerns — gun-related incidents. No firearms signs protect the grounds 24/7/365 with a range of heavy-duty security signs — ideal for a variety of organizational and business environments.
• Illustrate a serious no-weapons policy on your premises. Don’t let the threat of gun incidents or violence overrun the security of your property.

• Graphic red-circle symbol understood by all. Keep firearms away.

• One of the strongest security statements you can make. Signs deliver instant, impossible-to-ignore results.

This little sign protects 24/7/365!!! WOW!!

tgbrowning
Silent But Deadly

Post by tgbrowning »

By posting that sign, the management assumes responsibility for your safety. Perhaps you should bring that to their attention.
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Elbert Hubbard
phemetrix

Concealed Carry Sign Texas

Post by phemetrix »

The follow language must be used in Texas for privately prohibited areas. Most other states have specific signs that much be used and can be found on their DPS website or whoever the issuing authority is.

PROHIBITING HANDGUNS IN A BUSINESS OR OTHER ENTITY

In order to provide notice that entry on property by a license holder with a concealed handgun is forbidden, Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(A) requires that a written communication contain the following language:

"PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

"CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÔDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUB-CAPITULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO."

Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) further states that a sign must meet the following requirements:

includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

:twisted:
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly

Post by Blaubart »

tuckerrnr1 wrote:Take the sign, shoot it full of holes and then put it back up.
+1

Best idea yet. And when someone replaces the sign, go dumpster diving for it so you can hang it in your house.

If I were you bkoski, I'd talk to the owners or management of the company about what their intent in posting that sign was. It could be that their intent was to stop passengers from bringing weapons onto the premises, or maybe there's another employee that they don't trust with a gun that they believe is carrying. You might be able to come to some agreement (preferably in writing) that you can still carry.
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu
pneumagger
Silent But Deadly

Post by pneumagger »

tag for future reference