CONDITION RED- How did it go for you?

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

steve7478
Silent But Deadly

CONDITION RED- How did it go for you?

Post by steve7478 »

I am new to the site since my state just allowed us to purchase Silencer's but I am not new to concealed carry and am interested in hearing any first hand stories of how your concealed pistol kept you out of harms way. I have had to pull mine three times but only had to pull the trigger once. The people who report on gun violence only hear about the people who get shot and pay no attention to the stories from the people who never had to fire their weapon but it was because of their weapon that they are still here. After all why report an incident that never happened.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
paco ramirez
Silent But Deadly

Post by paco ramirez »

I'm interested in those kinds of stories too. I plan to get a CCW the week after I turn 21. Did all of your incidents happen in St. Louis?
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Yep. All in North Saint Louis City. There was actually a forth that happened when I was 19 and at a blues festival on the St. Louis Riverfront. I did not have to fire.

A friend and I were walking to our car, I was on crutches from a motorcycle accident and was carrying a 92F that was my fathers. It was against the law for me to have a pistol because of my age and concealed carry was not permitted anyway. I knew all that but I was going to the City and fucked up s--t happens on a daily basis there. I could not run or fight so I made the choice of felon and alive or maybe and dead. I chose right. On the way back to the car four ghetto punks started following us heckling us calling us white bread and cracker. We kept looking back as they were getting closer and closer. They were growing more and more violent in their behavior and then one of them picked up a cobble stone. I did not hesitate. I dropped the crutches, spun, drew and dropped to a knee. I focused my front sight on his thorax and held. He was about 10 yards away. They went back the way they came (in a hurry) and we got out of the city as fast as possible.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
.357sigger
Silent But Deadly

Post by .357sigger »

I was in a situation one downtown in which I did not have my gun and I sure as hell wish I had....I was with a group of 14 guys (bachelor party) leaving a bar down on the landing. A few of my buddies were drunk but most of us weren't really bad and I was completely sober...I don't drink. Still fighting drunk is not good so I really only had 2 other guys that knew what was really going on...

Any ways these 3 or 4 gang bangers said something to one of my buddies after he walked in front of him... (I will condense this) words ensued...blah blah...they followed us from across the street trying to get us to come fight them. I had no doubt that at least 1 if not all of them had a gun. I frequently see bloods at the range I go to as well as crips (dont get me started on that)...I have a very good idea of the standard things to look for.

It took us over a half hour to make it 2 blocks...I knew a guy that worked at one of the bars and managed to get some cops over to us...and they ran off. This is a very short version but it was one of 3 incidents that night, all on the landing.

Not being allowed to carry in a bar is gay and dangerous We should only not be allowed to carry at the pd and fed locals, all others should be fair game, otherwise dont trust me with a gun. All of the hosptials, bars, places with signs, etc. is BS.

Had those cops not gotten there things could have gone very different...
My circle of friends include: BENELLI, BROWNING, GLOCK, LMT, REMINGTON, RUGER, SIG, SPRINGFIELD, S&W, and I always try to find more friends...
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

I worked on the landing at Club Buca when it first opened. I seen a lot of s--t go down the 2 years I was there. Secondary defiantly had our back. I carried a Sig 2340 to and from the club but not while I was working. We had a guy go out to his car after we beat him down and get a gun but secondary was all over that s--t quick. He got owned by half a dozen cops bad. No paperwork just a good old fashion beat down until rendered unconscious. DON’T F--k AROUND ON THE LANDING. I have got a million storys about working there.
.357sigger
Silent But Deadly

Post by .357sigger »

steve7478 wrote:I worked on the landing at Club Buca when it first opened. I seen a lot of s--t go down the 2 years I was there. Secondary defiantly had our back. I carried a Sig 2340 to and from the club but not while I was working. We had a guy go out to his car after we beat him down and get a gun but secondary was all over that s--t quick. He got owned by half a dozen cops bad. No paperwork just a good old fashion beat down until rendered unconscious. DON’T F--k AROUND ON THE LANDING. I have got a million storys about working there.
no kidding..do you know two really big guys...one named Vladimir and the other is named Tony? I knew them from my gym..they were bouncers at Buca...not sure if they still work there cause I havent seen them in a while...

Yeah the landing is no place to mess around thats for sure...
My circle of friends include: BENELLI, BROWNING, GLOCK, LMT, REMINGTON, RUGER, SIG, SPRINGFIELD, S&W, and I always try to find more friends...
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

I haven’t worked there since 2004. Bouncers have a high turn over rate. I was there for a little over 2 years and watched the staff flip at least 3 or 4 times. I went back a few times since but the only guy I know there now Is Dave Fry the Manager and Chris one of the bartenders.
.357sigger
Silent But Deadly

Post by .357sigger »

yeah they do have a high turn over rate I suppose...I havent even gone down to the landing since that incident and that was back in sept of 2007. Not bc of it but I have had better things to do I guess...

for those that havent said it to you yet welcome to the forum and we will have to get together when the weather gets a little nicer to put some holes in a few targets 8)
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

great thing about cold weather is guns don't catch fire as easily.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

steve7478 wrote:I worked on the landing at Club Buca when it first opened. I seen a lot of s--t go down the 2 years I was there. Secondary defiantly had our back. I carried a Sig 2340 to and from the club but not while I was working. We had a guy go out to his car after we beat him down and get a gun but secondary was all over that s--t quick. He got owned by half a dozen cops bad. No paperwork just a good old fashion beat down until rendered unconscious. DON’T F--k AROUND ON THE LANDING. I have got a million storys about working there.
I must have read this wrong. This sounds like you beat the s--t out of a guy and he tried to defend himself so you beat him unconscious. Did I get that right?
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

The guy who got beat down was close fist punching a girl in her face because she poured a drink on him after he was tiring to stick his fingers up her skirt and play with her snatch. He did not know her because if he did he would have known that she was dating one of the bouncers. So Yes… we beat the s--t out of him. Then we carried him out by the dumpster and tossed him it the trash juice ( Trash juice is the fluid that leaks out the bottom of the dumpster and collects in a puddle). He was still very much alive and well. Just his pride was hurt at that point. He got up and walked away. He was pissed. He went to his car and grabbed a Ruger 9mm and was coming back to teach us a lesson when one of our guys noticed him and notified one of our secondary police officers. This is on a street with about 20 bars and every bar hires cops to be in uniform at their club. That cop yelled for the others. They approached him, cornered him, found the gun, and we haven’t seen him since. He was a puke piece of s--t who learned the hard way. I said it before and I will say it again DO NOT F--k AROUND ON THE LANDING! I sure won’t.
.357sigger
Silent But Deadly

Post by .357sigger »

I would agree with the way that things went...if every one else on here knew the area that we have been talking about they would understand why things happened like that...especially why there is so much security and cops on one street.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Whenever you give girls free cover or let guys drink for $1 a beer you will get patrons that are fuckheads. They fight every night. Go to a bar or club where drinks are $5 to $8 each and you will not see as many fights. I ran Security at a different club in St. Louis with a $10 cover and drinks started at $5 and we had one fight a year. We had just as many people partying but only needed ¼ the staff. On the landing we probably averaged 3 to 5 fights a night on Thursday ($1 drink night) 2-3 fights on Friday (ladies night) and maybe 1 or 2 fights on Saturday (Full cover Full drink prices) and none on Sunday (Industry night).
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

My only story isn't concealed carry, and it isn't even involving a real gun. It was me, at like 18 or so, with an airsoft pistol. It was a balsy but stupid move, and luckily they didn't have a gun.

An SUV full of people arrived at my house, apparently because some guy thought I was fucking his wife/girlfriend/fiance/baby momma, whatever the F--k she was. Some horridly ugly chick that worked at McDonalds and had a kid at like 16. Anyway, 4 or 5 of them pile out of an SUV at my house some time in the early morning, between midnight and 4am, and I rushed out with a maglight and an airsoft pistol. There was burning tire and lots of rushing on their end of the situation. I didn't say a word or even get within 20 feet of them (long driveway).

Not an exciting story.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

That is the point of this thread. I want to hear all the stories that are never heard outside the inner circle of our friends. Who cares if the firearm was a toy. It kept you just as safe as a real one would have (if never fired). The reason it kept you safe from the assholes in your yard was that it could have been real. If we lived in a country where pistols were outlawed, and all you were allowed was airsoft then that night may have ended differently for you. They might have known it was fake, if fake were all we were allowed to own. Your threat of deadly force was enough to keep you safe.
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

I don't have any condition red stories yet, but a friend of mine from work has a pretty good one. He was at home alone after having surgery on his shoulder and he was a bit drugged up afterward. His wife and kids were off running errands and he was just chilling with his 38 Special nearby. Two guys opened his door and walked in like they owned the place and he reached over and grabbed his revolver and aimed center of mass at the first intruder. Both of them looked like they were about ready to wet their pants and said "we don't want no trouble, we'll leave", but my friend said "hell no you're not leaving, get me the phone and dial 911". So he called the cops and waited about 5 minutes for them to show up with his gun still pointed at them. Turns out they both had warrants out for their arrest.

ETA: Tag
ArevaloSOCOM
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by ArevaloSOCOM »

My story:

Just this last halloween a dog was loose, looked like a husky. I drew my pistol but didn't aim. He walked towards us and I just kept cool.

No draw down.

lame i know............
NFAtalk.org
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

I owned a car dealership in North St. Louis. Not the best neighborhood but it was a great place to sell cheap cars. I carried a Sig Pro 2340 at the time. I jumped into this business with both feet and it required a lot of my time to keep up on all the paperwork. I worked many late nights by my self.

One night I was sitting at my desk preparing a sales report for the State when I got a knock at the door. It was about11:30pm…We closed at 8pm. I always leave the lights and a radio on all night even when I am gone (I also leave the open sign on just so nobody knows for sure whether I am actually there or not). I thought it might be somebody I knew, as friends sometimes stop by, so I checked the camera to see who it was. The camera couldn’t see anybody so I walked to the front door. I have two peep holes in the door, one where you would expect to find one, and another 36â€
Ken73

Post by Ken73 »

When I was a teenager, living with my parents, I was home alone after school when I heard a knock on the front door. Figuring it was one of my friends, I went and looked through the peephole. Some whacko started beating on my door and saying "I know you're in there, I'm gonna kill you MF'er!" .. I had NO idea who this guy was, and knew that my father really had no enemies so I made the (correct) assumption that he was some whacko with the wrong address.

I grabbed my Rem 870 12 gauge and racked it as LOUDLY as I could from behind the door. (Didn't even bother loading it.) I peeped through the peephole again and he was running for his life. Never saw him again. Don't have a clue who the hell he was though.
Davo5o
Silent But Deadly

Post by Davo5o »

Back in college my girlfriend now wife use to live with her friend in the top apartment in a three apartment house. The middle neighbors were asian powder dealers, and in the basement was a black dude with indian girlfriend selling weed. The indian chick use to beat the s--t out of the black dude, and then he'd come up stairs and ask to use the phone, and complain about it.

I drove home from MT and was visiting for awhile, you should have seen the looks from all the neighbors when I moved in with about 5 gun cases. The girls use to get cat called from the homeys down stairs, but that stopped when I arrived.

One morning when everyone was gone I heard a guy outside yelling screaming and kicking the windows down stairs. I looked out and saw an older indian dude yelling that he was going to kill the dude down stairs for touching his daughter.

I grabbed my moss 500 and racked it a couple times, then my 45 too. The crazy man just jumped in his car and took off. A week later the down stairs neighbors old classic junker car was lite on fire and almost burned the whole house down while we slept. It was under a big tree that was right next to the three story wood porch attached to the house. If a different neighbor lady wouldn't have seen it and called the fire department and woke us up, things could have gone badly.

I made sure non of use were living there much longer. Duluth is a nice town, with some isolated bad parts.

Just goes to show, even the sound of guns keeps bad guys away. At least until they think they can pull of something sneaky.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe
Ben B.
Silent But Deadly

Post by Ben B. »

About 8 months ago I was downtown buckling my infant daughter into her car seat, when I heard someone approaching behind me. I turned and pulled the door in front of me. A Mexican street guy was approaching with a piece of paper in his left hand, held a little low and away. He kept pointing at it and mumbling, and edging in. It felt like a bullshit distraction move to me. I put a hand under my sweater on an IWB pistol and told him I couldn't help him, step away please. He edged in a bit more, was about 10 feet away, and the gun was coming out of my holster & I used my "Dad-voice" to say the same thing. He paused, nodded, and walked off. That was it.

I have no idea what his intentions were, but the whole thing felt hinky to me. I felt ready for whatever, had the door in front of me and was ready to shoot him thru the glass if he was stupid enough that I had to. I would play it the same way again. Might be smart to get real vocal faster, I guess.

In college, back home over the summer in our otherwise empty house, around 1 am a stealthy intruder slipped the chain off the bolt of the front door and started coming up the stairs. I was lying awake and got a 20 gauge I had aimed at the top of the stairs, and put the bead on the head when it rose above the stair case. I was really scared at the time, and while ready to shoot I didn't want to, and REALLY wanted to be sure. I had the gun off safe with my finger inside the trigger guard, but pressed away from the trigger, against the front of the trigger guard. It turned out to be my sister, she didn't want to wake me up to let her in.

If I was in a similar situation, I'd yell out as soon as I had the gun. That was a king size "holy s--t" moment for me, and I'm grateful for the moment of caution.
The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.
Thomas Jefferson

USPSA FY60903...B-class SS, B-class L10, B-class Prod.
IDPA A30195...Expert CDP, Master SSP
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

So does your sis know to call first now? That would have made Christmas with the fam fucked up huh.
carl1000
Silent Operator

Post by carl1000 »

Well tonight I was eating Mexican Food at my favorite place...not a bad part of town. Here in Nashville TN. Well some guy at the bar went to meet someone outside, next thing I heard a shot - he came back in shot in the chest. Needless to say I wasn’t expecting to see that while eating at my table. I was carrying tonight by the way, but the gun was in my car - cant carry in TN where they serve alchohol... Sad thing is that no one was doing anything to help - I tried, but there was not much I could do. Lucky it was a drive by and they were gone. Obviously gang related I am guessing. Police showed up quick and got everyone's info.

After seeing this crap, I tell you this, anyone that says you shouldn’t be able to protect yourself in this country - even in a restaurant is full of F'n Shi#$%$#$. I have never seen anyone shot before this. It sucked and was a tragedy and I have a very much more deep feeling about gun laws and those against me protecting myself.

I think gangs are our war here in the US. I look at them as ignorant terrorists that care about no one but themselves. The US must stop giving aid to all these countries that cant stand us. We need the $ over here to get this crap taken care of. When we have all this BS rooted out, then send 100 million to some country to feed thier people. Sorry about ranting but this was a mess. It will be on the Channel 4 news as they were eventually at the scene....Anyway, I had to vent this somewhere
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

I am glad to see that you are a law abiding citizen. It is a true shame that that alone will not keep you safe. If we were in a perfect world with honest, trustworthy, logical humans, that would be enough to maintain utopia. We would have no place for violence or crime because we would all live in perfect harmony. The problem with that is that your opposition will not obey the law. The criminals understand and use your faith in the system to survive.

How many gunfights take place in areas where firearms are permitted?

How many people get slaughtered in areas where they are forbidden?

You hear about it daily; grade schools, colleges, churches, restaurants, bars, and any other antigun establishments. Year after year we talk about the horrible tragedies at places where….get ready…. this will blow your mind….ready…….GUNS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

But wait, if you put up signs that say NO GUNS then how can there be any shootings?

The fucking idiots that put up signs and pretend to be safe because of them relive the same lesson over and over again but they can not see the simple logic behind its monumental failure. People with this sheep like mindset think that just because THEY would listen to what a plastic sign says that 100% of everyone who reads that sign will obey. They think that when a wolf sees a sign that says “don’t eat sheepâ€
st33ve0
Silent But Deadly

Post by st33ve0 »

Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six.