CONDITION RED- How did it go for you?

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

digitspaw
Silent Operator

Re: CONDITION RED- How did it go for you?

Post by digitspaw »

steve7478 wrote:I am new to the site since my state just allowed us to purchase Silencer's but I am not new to concealed carry and am interested in hearing any first hand stories of how your concealed pistol kept you out of harms way. I have had to pull mine three times but only had to pull the trigger once. The people who report on gun violence only hear about the people who get shot and pay no attention to the stories from the people who never had to fire their weapon but it was because of their weapon that they are still here. After all why report an incident that never happened.

Holy s--t, dude!!! Are you kidding?

I've been armed legally since April of 1972. I've never had my gun out of the holster and pointed at another person in more than 37 years and I get around.

WTF? What are you doing or where are you going that you'd have to draw your gun three times AND fire it once? You are definitely NOT doing something right, and I say that from a professional standpoint as a CCW instructor. Damn, dude! :o

Paw

I have a perfect body. It's in the trunk and starting to stink.

NEVADA CCW INSTRUCTOR
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

Many of the people we should be avoiding are more than willing to push you to see if you have the balls to use it. Some people WILL try to take your pistol away from you if they know you have it. It gives them street credibility. A badge of honer if shot anyway,. Many don't care if they die.

I have everything to loose. They have nothing to loose. 3-4 people and you.. bad odds You can't just go around shooting people. Their side of the story.... "We were just talking to him he got scared pulled his gun and started shooting at us because we are (insert minority here) We were not doing anything wrong. He just went crazy."

Are you going to follow the 15' rule? 10'... 5' as they slowly just get closer. One step and stop... one more... and stop. To any witness they are doing nothing wrong. Can't shoot someone because they are walking/standing on the street.

Just because you have a pistol does not mean you can now get away with and be able to walk into a HA bar and look like a desk jockey w/o getting pressured. If you do go into a place you would NOT have unless you are armed than to me it is you LOOKING to use your pistol because you know you will be confronted. Unless you had a good reason to be there. I'm not saying it's right... but ......

You are just ASKING for trouble. Having a pistol permit does not now make me safe to walk in the bad sections of roxbury or any projects.

Common sense and keep the F--k out of places you know you will get pressured. If you are "different" and stick out and are in there territory trouble is headed your way. Outta sight outta mind.

s--t man your "piece" is a prize to them. To a jury you were looking for trouble. If you would not go there unarmed than just because you are armed it is now OK to go there. That's a tough pill to get people to believe.

Poor white boy goes into Latino gang block and shoots somebody, holds off 30 people till police arrive.... 1st thing I would ask as was WTF did you go there? If you would not go there unarmed than what was your intent? To see how well it's going to work now that you have your permit? Test the self defense law? Because you have the RIGHT to go any place any time?

I put the cloak of invisibility on when I carry. I stay out of problem areas. I really want to make sure I don't have to pull my pistol. It is there and may save someones life. But my goal is to NOT EVER have to pull it. If I have to do that than I am going to probably have to use it. I really do not want to go through all the BS associated with making a clean shoot. It costs $ and time. AND the risks are huge. SO I avoid and reduce the risks the most I can when carrying.

I also value my life so why go into those areas anyway?

It is also why I don't live in Atlanta or New Orleans, NY city etc.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Paw wrote

I've been armed legally since April of 1972. I've never had my gun out of the holster and pointed at another person in more than 37 years and I get around.

WTF? What are you doing or where are you going that you'd have to draw your gun three times AND fire it once? You are definitely NOT doing something right, and I say that from a professional standpoint as a CCW instructor. Damn, dude! Surprised
The St. Louis area is a melting pot without the burner on. There are pockets of good then bad. There is no safety line. Within a couple blocks you will see burned out crack houses and prostitutes and then all of the sudden million dollar mansions and well to do folks ridding bikes and walking their prize dogs. We have great well patrolled parks that are beautiful and peaceful where people get raped and assaulted.

Living and working here is difficult because there is no way to avoid it other than moving and never coming back. On a 35 minute drive to work I go from a good area to a bad area back to a good area then to a bad area back and forth 5 times.

How can I avoid that?

I understand that to you it looks like I am doing something wrong because I have been involved in so much but it is very normal to us that live here. I'm sure that this is not the only city like this.

The only way to navigate the area and avoid the bad areas would be with a helicopter and I am only making enough to pay most of the bills.

I avoid as much as I can but most of the jobs that I have had continue to put me in bad areas because that is where people pay the most. I wish it was different but it is not.

If I have to go pick up a car in a bad part of town then that is what I am going to do. I will do it as quickly and quietly as possible but I will be well armed and armored. If it is a really bad part of town I will have a buddy go and watch my back while I work.

It is my opinion that until we start dishing harsh punishments for the crimes committed things will not change here.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

steve7478 wrote:Paw wrote

WTF? What are you doing or where are you going that you'd have to draw your gun three times AND fire it once? You are definitely NOT doing something right, and I say that from a professional standpoint as a CCW instructor. Damn, dude! Surprised

I understand that to you it looks like I am doing something wrong because I have been involved in so much but it is very normal to us that live here. I'm sure that this is not the only city like this.
You are not doing anything wrong....

But some people may put themselves into harms way thinking that a carry permit will let them do things they normally won't do... and That's wrong IMHO
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
gdragon
Silent But Deadly

Post by gdragon »

After reading this thread I will never enter the state of Missouri for as long as I live.
BWT
Silent But Deadly

Post by BWT »

gdragon wrote:After reading this thread I will never enter the state of Missouri for as long as I live.
I hate to say it, South Carolina has no reputation, but we have the highest violent crime rate per capita in the country.

Explain that. Who saw that coming?

It all depends on where you go, it's not near where I live, but, anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States

And that's in 2004. We were number 3 then.

It's mostly isolated to certain areas though.

ETA: I'd just say, if you're ever traveling to an unfamiliar city, or a city at all, bring a gun if you can. Expect trouble.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

When you start to stack people on top of one another in an urban setting crime will be there. St. Louis is fucked up for sure but it is no different than any other major city I have been to. The only difference would be that most other cities I have visited seem to have better boundaries for the good and bad parts of town.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
Twinsen
Silent But Deadly

Post by Twinsen »

steve7478 wrote:When you start to stack people on top of one another in an urban setting crime will be there. St. Louis is fucked up for sure but it is no different than any other major city I have been to. The only difference would be that most other cities I have visited seem to have better boundaries for the good and bad parts of town.
It's a lot better when these areas are marked.

loaded_4_bare

Pre-CCW permit/Post CCW class

Post by loaded_4_bare »

Hi, Im Rich, & i am waiting 55 days now for my permit in Onslow County NC, my story is how my most effective weapon saved my ass, because I was open carrying in the work truck. (glock 17, 17 in the mag, 1 in the pipe) "Speer Gold Dot 115 grain JHPs" My younger brother & my self were eating at KFC and leaving in seperate company trucks, He is waiting 55 days in Jones County NC, but not open carrying. I was about to back out of the parking space when a couple thug types decide to get reaquainted right behind me, & just cut the car off & sat there talking to a guy on foot, here is the ass saving part, 2 months earlier I would of escalated this situation into an altercation by getting out & saying something unkind. As i had just finished my CCW classes, I knew that I could not be the aggressor & use deadly force, which this could have easily gotten to, so I just eased it into reverse & inched backwards, the thug types hurriedly moved on a little further on up, my brother was watching, knowing I was cocked, locked, & ready to rock, he later said he was proud of me for not getting in some s--t.
In Glock we trust
medicracer

Post by medicracer »

Panama City, FL 2003.

I was working at a Movie Gallery when I was stationed at Tyndall AFB. I carried a Kel-Tec 32 in my cargo pocket. I didn't tell anyone I carried (didn't have to per FL law), but felt the need to carry as Movie Galleries in the area were getting held up at knife-point.

So it was a Saturday night and me and the other two workers (20 y/o hotties) were closing up the shop. Doors were locked, lights still on, we were in the back just counting down the cash drawers.

All of a sudden we heard the "Ding dong" of the door opening... Ok, no biggie. The thing goes off if the wind is blowing on it.

Then we heard all the TV's come on. LOUD white static noise.

I drew my noisy cricket as the girls were freaking out, and I said "ok, if you hear gunshots call the police".

I exit the back area and slink through the various movie sections a la swat team staying as low as possible. I sweep about a third of the store and I turn a corner and I see one of the stupid bitch co-workers that was off that night with a PETRIFIED look on her face. I had the gun pointed basically at her feet and said |"WHAT THE F--k ARE YOU DOING" and she was like "NO, WHAT THE F--k ARE YOU DOING?!"

Stupid bitch was trying to scare us or something... Not a cool thing to do as we though we were next on the robbing list. We all went out for drinks later and the girls were like "yeah, at first we were freaking out but then medicracer pulled out a gun and we were relieved and then after it was done we were like OMG medicracer had a gun the whole time!"

Stupid bitch was a super liberal kinda girl that was anti-gun. She wanted me to keep one bullet in my pocket and have the gun unloaded (yes she was being serious). I told her if I didn't have my wits about me she would probably be cold and dead right now...

Funny she never pulled that prank again.