What do you think of the Ruger LCP .380

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

texjames
Silent But Deadly

Re: What do you think of the Ruger LCP .380

Post by texjames »

Well i retired my LCP from concealed carry and picked up a kahr PM9 9mm...
I have 200 rounds through it now with one strange malfunction, got it from Buds Gun Shop...
I was able to reform my LCP mini tuck to fit the PM9 also.
The malfunction was when i tryed to slingshot the slide on a full mag my right index finger pushed the
slide stop/take down pin out slightly and locked the slide.I will just load mags with slide locked and chamber
by releasing the slide stop from now on.
continuity
Elite Member

Re:

Post by continuity »

Rob wrote:...Other than slightly smaller size and lighter weight, is there a reason to consider a Keltec or Ruger over my Walther?
I do believe you've hit the nail on the head Ollie. As one of my backup/off duty carry options, the PPKS with the Hydroshock ammo is where it's at IMHO. Extremely reliable (with quality ammo) and very accurate. Only downside for me are the railroad tracks on my hand between thumb and forefinger the slide consistantly leaves :lol:

I guess the pain will help focus on the task at hand, which if I'm down to my backup, means focus is gonna be a needed commodity. Haven't been to that point yet. Working to see that I'm never there.
What amount of a man is composed of his own collection of experiences... and the conclusions that those experiences have allowed him to "know" for certain as "Truth"? :Ick
silencertalk
Site Admin

Re: What do you think of the Ruger LCP .380

Post by silencertalk »

Ball ammo is probably the way to go, since penetration must come first. Once you have 12 inches, then you can look for expansion to increase the diameter and limit penetration to about 12 inches.