P30 threaded barrel?

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Re: P30 threaded barrel?

Post by rockman96 »

I didn't think the 'L' barrel was long enough to thread?
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

they put on an extension
Don't be an internet tough guy...
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

it's .6 inches longer than the factory.. seems like that would be enough to thread..

aren't 1/2x28 thread on a trident .400 ?

I know i'm gonna catch some slack for using US threads on a H&k , but that's what my LCD on my trident is ..
-------------------------------------------------------
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

I think you need at least 1/8" past the end of the slide to the shoulder where the suppressor seats, due to barrel tilt when it unlocks...if the shoulder is less than that I'm pretty sure the can will hit the top of the slide. As for the thread length, I don't know. I'll have to check my mounts and the barrels (Jarvis) I already have and see what they are.

Btw, no slack from me. I'd do it in 1/2-28 too.
coolai

Post by coolai »

I also have to decide between getting a P30 or a P30L.

Now if the P30L barrel could be threaded to serve as a drop-in replacement on the P30, I'd go with the P30.

But if it isn't long enough, and I'd have to get an extension anyhow, then I'd take the P30L.

Can someone please confirm that the P30L barrel is GTG as a suppressor host in the P30?
<Mach1
Silent But Deadly

Post by <Mach1 »

coolai wrote:Can someone please confirm that the P30L barrel is GTG as a suppressor host in the P30?
Wondered about this myself too.

Did a search on HKPRO a while back but didn't find anything, don't think there is much more to date.
If no one chimes in it's probably worth a call to HK-USA next week.
My only concern is if the 227713 will work in the P30 & is long enough to thread, can someone (Mike's the man) get under the surface hardening & chase the thread. Couple of if's still need to be answered :roll:
Probably worth some phone calls though.
coolai

Post by coolai »

You mean the barrel might be to hard to be threaded? Now that would really p..s me off! I would give them a call, problem is I don't live in the US, and my spoken English is far worse than my written one.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

i'll let everybody know when I receive mine from HK and get it sent off to thread... but so far i've taken my lcd from my trident and put it flush on the end of the factory barrel and racked the slide... the lcd never gets in contact with the frame, so in theory you can get pretty close to that when you thread , which is .6 inch longer on the L. so even with .5 deep threads , it should still get you .1 extra... I hope i'm right.. that should make it a nice and snug fit... we'll see....
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" --- Clint Eastwood --- The Outlaw Josey Wales
coolai

Post by coolai »

Great, please let us know how it works out!
rockman96
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockman96 »

I spoke with Frankie at EFK Friday....my barrel is finished! She said they didn't ship it out because of a blizzard in AZ (is that weird or what?). It's supposed to go out the first of the week, and I should get it by about Thursday. I'm hoping there are no more delays.
Pierced Armor

Post by Pierced Armor »

Well, did you ever get it?

PA
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

yeah right... :roll: c'mon man it's h&k we're talking about... now they are saying end of january.. at the earliest... the waiting game continues.. i've got this thread marked.. i'll post when I get it..don't worry :wink:
nevermiss
Senior Silent Operator

Post by nevermiss »

I have a SilencerCo 9 mm Osprey inbound and I'm looking for a 9mm.

It sounds like if I get the P30L pistol, then there are no options for getting a threaded barrel. Is this correct?

I looks like one needs to get a P30 pistol and order a P30L barrel with an extension and then get this threaded?

I have the 45 USP tactical and one would think that this wouldn't be such an issue for the P30 or P30L.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

just called h&k today .. still no go... waiting for shipment from germany since october .. no eta still ...!!!

got to love H&k service !
chrismartin
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Post by chrismartin »

nevermiss wrote: I looks like one needs to get a P30 pistol and order a P30L barrel with an extension and then get this threaded?
I don't see why you would need to get the L barrel if you are just going to get it extended and threaded anyway. Unless you just wanted to keep the factory barrel untouched.
I'd just get the factory barrel extended and threaded and wouldn't buy an additional barrel.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

that's exactly why .. I want to keep the original barrel with matching serial number untouched.. so if later on , I decide to sell it , i can sell them separately if I wanted to... not everyone likes extensions ..

on another note , i'm not 100% sure the L will need to be extended
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

chrismartin wrote:
nevermiss wrote: I looks like one needs to get a P30 pistol and order a P30L barrel with an extension and then get this threaded?
I don't see why you would need to get the L barrel if you are just going to get it extended and threaded anyway. Unless you just wanted to keep the factory barrel untouched.
I'd just get the factory barrel extended and threaded and wouldn't buy an additional barrel.
Ive been told by my dealer that the extensions have a tendency to break because they have to make the barrels so thin. He recommended that I not even bother because he has seen multiple pistols comeback broken. YMMV
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Did you ever get your barrel? I've been considering jumping on the backorder list, but I kind of want to see what it's like first
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

I'm first on the list on the barrel order.. I was told "any day" in october , december , january and february ... I'm starting to think that in german "any day" means something totally different...

I wish someone would make an after market barrel, so i could share a couple of other words from the english language with HK!

frankly it's been so long , I decided to build a ar15 9mm sbr carbine in the mean time.. i've got all the parts coming including the tros 5" barrel that's hard to find.. If I get the build finished, I may just cancel the hk barrel...
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

if you decide to cancel, see it they can transfer it to me! ha, i'll gladly pony up the money for it. I agree though, it really is absurd that no one makes a p30l barrel. I've tried getting a hold of PFK dragon about that, but they just keep ignoring me. In other words, they probably have no plans of making one.
Pierced Armor

Post by Pierced Armor »

Just in case any of you are interested . . . . .

I just called Bill Jarvis of Jarvis Barrels and he said that they are looking at somewhere near the end of the year, but they are going to produce a threaded .45 USP barrel as well as a P30 threaded barrel. I asked them which one are they thinking about he said the P30 for sure and maybe the P30L, if there's enough interest since it's still realitivily new. I saked him if he'd like me to put together a list of people interested and he said, "No, just keep checking our site. We'll get to it eventually."

If the HK barrels are taking as long as they are, it might be an option to just wait on the Jarvis barrels, especially since you'll be able to get the Jarvis barrel threaded with rifling all the way through unlike an extension. Also, his barrels are blued, unlike Barsto and many of the other fine barrel makers, making them more like the original HK barrels.

Another option is Barsto. They do great work as far as producing a stainless steal barrel. They'll do about any custom barrels if there's enough interest in it. They did a special run for the SigForum members several years ago on P6 barrels in a multitude of configurations. Their requirement was to supply them with a standard barrel so they could create an accurate cad and then they wanted something like 40 paid orders before they took on the project. They would have no problem dong the P30 and P30 runs together as far as I understand. Also, they gave us a contact (she was awesome by the way) who we were to contact and direct any questions to. So, they basically gave us (SigForum) our own project cordinator for the custom run.

Just a few more possible options for us suppressor junkies who are forced into being extremely patient..

PA
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

GlocksInMySocks wrote:if you decide to cancel, see it they can transfer it to me! ha, i'll gladly pony up the money for it. I agree though, it really is absurd that no one makes a p30l barrel. I've tried getting a hold of PFK dragon about that, but they just keep ignoring me. In other words, they probably have no plans of making one.
ah.. you must have talked to HK!! I called them today for status and still no go.. they now have 45 people on the list and yes i'm still #1 on the list .. so if anything comes .. i'm sure to get one !

I'm still on the fence whether i'll get that gun setup or not .. it all depends how much i like my SBR i'm building and if it's 100% reliable and accurate .. so i'll keep you posted .. SBR should be finished within the next couple of weeks....
Minnery

Post by Minnery »

Storm Lake will be producing P30 barrels this year. Contact the company and ask to be put on the waiting list.
imyomama
Silent But Deadly

Post by imyomama »

that might be quicker then getting them from HK... still waiting on mine... is storm lake going to offer them threaded ?
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Minnery wrote:Storm Lake will be producing P30 barrels this year. Contact the company and ask to be put on the waiting list.

Did they say anything about P30L barrels? I'm not looking forward to having to have an extension put on.