Glock 30

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

marshman80

Glock 30

Post by marshman80 »

I have had my G30 (45auto) for 2 years my brother just got a silencer for is G19 (9mm), I'm looking for some info for where to get a barrel and a silencer from. All I can find are (fake silencers)?
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Quick review of this post:

-A subcompact GLOCK doesn't suppress well.
-A .45 ACP is not as quiet as a 9mm.
-You're often best served by buying from AAC, SWR, and YHM.
-Lone Wolf Distributors (referred to here as LWD) produces quality, inexpensive threaded barrels for all GLOCKs.
-You should locate a class 3 dealer in your state and have him/her walk you through the paperwork.

A GLOCK 30 is a sub-compact, and as a result, it doesn't work well with suppressors.

After the last round is fired, the slide locks open. When the gun is like this, look at the barrel and it is tilted upward - this is true for all GLOCKs (except possibly one in .380). However, the smaller the GLOCK, the more extreme the angle on the barrel. If you look at one of the GLOCK 17L models - 9mm, long slide for competition - you'll see that when it locks open on the last shot the angle is very, very mild compared to the angle of any of the sub-compacts.

Imagine if a silencer was attached to your gun - the suppressor would stick way up into the air on the last shot... or have to raise that high between each shot before returning to the parallel position. That just won't happen. Instead, if you put a heavy object like a suppressor on the sub-compacts, instead of waving the object around, the gun just doesn't cycle. You pull the trigger, the gun fires, the suppressor works, it is quiet, but the gun doesn't cycle. So you have to reach up and pull back the slide manually between each shot in order to eject the spent brass and chamber a new round.

If you want a GLOCK to fire reliably, you'll need to get the next size up. I don't think GLOCK makes a compact .45, so you'll end up going to the full-size GLOCK 21. The 21 will cycle reliably once you put on the correct silencer. The correct silencer is one that is either light enough, or one that has a booster; also called a Nielsen Device (same thing).

There have been some reports that the Gemtech Blackslide does not work, as far as I know most all of the other .45 silencers will either be light enough, or have a quality booster to work on your GLOCK 21.

The name of a reputable and cost-effective company that produces threaded barrels is "Lone Wolf Distributors". They market products for GLOCKs, and myself and a great many SilencerTalk members here have used them with zero complaints. They seem to have their items in stock, and the prices are curiously low compared to their competitors (which is odd, because you're not giving up any quality to get that).

Here is a link to a threaded barrel for your GLOCK 30 which I advise you to not try and suppress. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1021

That same website easily has other threaded barrels for other GLOCKs.

Your next question was how to buy a silencer. I'd start with looking at the "Advanced Armament Corporation" website. I would also look at the "SWR" website. Finally, I would look at the "Yankee Hill Manufacturing" website. Those three (and they're not alone) seem to produce quality, reliable silencers for a .45. I don't know if they'll walk you through the steps to get one, but frankly you need to go through a Class 3 dealer anyway, so your best bet is going to be to find a Class 3 dealer in your state - and preferably close to you - and have him/her walk you through the process.

You didn't ask, but this needs to be discussed as well. Your .45 is bigger than a 9mm, so it will not be as quiet when suppressed.

Quick review of this post:

-A .45 ACP is not as quiet as a 9mm.
-You're often best served by buying from AAC, SWR, and YHM.
-Lone Wolf Distributors (referred to here as LWD) produces quality, inexpensive threaded barrels for all GLOCKs.
-You should locate a class 3 dealer in your state and have him/her walk you through the paperwork.
I read that it's douche to list your guns here, so I stopped that.
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

UM my G30 is a compact not a subcompact. The 36 is the subcompact 45.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
soohwa
Silent But Deadly

Post by soohwa »

Outsydlooknin75 wrote:UM my G30 is a compact not a subcompact. The 36 is the subcompact 45.
The G30 IS a sub-compact, the G36 is a "slimline" subcompact.
كافر
CanNotHear
Silent But Deadly

Post by CanNotHear »

:idea: ******************Deleted************** :idea:
Last edited by CanNotHear on Sun May 24, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfire
Silent But Deadly

Post by dfire »

Damnit ! I was thinking of suppressing my G23..........are you saying that wont work well ether ? :evil:
Don't look at me with that tone of voice !
Beretta Steel
Silent But Deadly

Post by Beretta Steel »

No the G23/G19 compact size works great as a host. I have a Glock 19 and a SWR Trident combo Lone Wolf barrel.
You can get a 9mm conversion threaded barrel from Lone Wolf for the G23 since the 9mm is a much better caliber to suppress.
My silenced G19 sounds about like a paintball gun quiet enough to shoot in the backyard.
dfire
Silent But Deadly

Post by dfire »

Yea, I keep trying to order a LWB but they have been on back order for a while. There was a guy at the last gun show trying to sell them for over $200 a barrel and they seemed to be crap. Guess I will keep waiting for LW to get more in stock.
Don't look at me with that tone of voice !
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Has anyone suppressed a GAP?
Outsydlooknin75
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Outsydlooknin75 »

soohwa wrote:
Outsydlooknin75 wrote:UM my G30 is a compact not a subcompact. The 36 is the subcompact 45.
The G30 IS a sub-compact, the G36 is a "slimline" subcompact.
I stand corrected ...... I have just always considdered the G30 a compact and not a subcompact.
If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in English thank a soldier.
poizzin
Silent But Deadly

Post by poizzin »

rsilvers wrote:Has anyone suppressed a GAP?
As soon as the Evo45 comes in I will be suppressing the G37 that I just picked up. I need to get a threaded barrel real soon.
Supressors
AAC - 7
Degroat - 2
AWC - 1
Don Floyd - 1
Tros- 1
HCA- 1
nock

Post by nock »

TROOPER wrote:Quick review of this post:

Thank you for the heads up on the Glock 30; that is exactly what I was looking for when I came to this site. A little disappointing but that is very helpful. I am back to the drawing board.
TROOPER
Silent But Deadly

Post by TROOPER »

Some things have changed since this thread ran its course. Sub-compact GLOCKS have historically been difficult to suppress because of the weight of a suppressor in conjunction with the steep angle of the barrel while cycling.

viewtopic.php?t=48088

The above thread is about a new product that is very light-weight, and should work with a sub-compact GLOCK. That I know of, this line of silencer is for 9mm and .22, so this may not affect the original question about a sub-compact .45 ACP. However, there is a way to handle the sub-compact 9mm now.
RavenArmament
Silent But Deadly

Post by RavenArmament »

I ran a G30 suppressed with a YHM Cobra no problem. Suppressed well and cycled reliably.
Manufacturer of the best subsonic 9mm ammunition.
roSSco

Post by roSSco »

freakshow10mm wrote:I ran a G30 suppressed with a YHM Cobra no problem. Suppressed well and cycled reliably.
That's very good to hear! ;)
Glock 30, Lone Wolf barrel
Ruger MKII Competition
RavenArmament
Silent But Deadly

Post by RavenArmament »

It had a heavy Wolff 20# spring on it with the Wolff guide rod as well. Cycled fine from 650fps to 950fps.
Manufacturer of the best subsonic 9mm ammunition.
JohnInNH
Elite Member

Post by JohnInNH »

rsilvers wrote:Has anyone suppressed a GAP?
Yep, 2 of em... one in 260 Rem and one in 308... :wink:

GAP = G&A Precision (to me)

Robert, on a serious note, I suspect a .45 GAP would suppress as well as a .45 ACP. However the 185 and 200 gr bullets are usually supersonic. The 230 gr. is fine.
Long distance, the next best thing to being there!
OldPaladin

Re: Glock 30

Post by OldPaladin »

Glock 2010 Annual, page 93:

"The compact version of the Glock 21."

G30-
With my LWD Barrel M/30 45 ACP Threaded .578 x 28, length goes to 4.37" from 3.78".

G21-
With my LWD Barrel M/21 45 ACP Threaded .578 x 28, length goes to 5.2" from 4.6".

Talk to JR at LWD, or Joey at Gemtech.

I love my G30 compact. Most reliable, durable, accurate out of the box, pistol I've ever had...
Μολὼν λαβέ (Come and take it!) -King Leonidas of Sparta, to the Emperor Xerxes of Persia.

TANSTAAFL

"An armed society, is a polite society." -Robert Anson Heinlein, American Patriot
primnumbers

Post by primnumbers »

Is there a 13lb spring available for the glock 30?
Save your hearing, use a suppressor
jerry2003

Post by jerry2003 »

so does the glock 30 work suppressed??? i want to buy one a use it with my osprey 45
jnitti1014
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jnitti1014 »

Mine has a lone wolf barrel and my tirant 45 works great on it.
jdasilva
Silent But Deadly

Post by jdasilva »

My subcompacts (26,27,30) suppress very well with my osprey45 time & time again. take it for what its worth