I Need help with a New Pro Carry sticker campaign.

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

steve7478
Silent But Deadly

I Need help with a New Pro Carry sticker campaign.

Post by steve7478 »

I am getting more involved with the fight to protect our right to carry and I want to get some feedback and possible new ideas from some like minded individuals.

I am going to make signs to put next to the "NO GUN" signs on store fronts that want to deny law abiding citizens the right to self preservation. I had a few ideas on what to have on them and wanted to run them by everyone.

I found a cartoon image of two masked criminals armed to the teeth standing in front of a building with a "Gun Free Zone" sign and a caption that reads "Dang, now what do we do?" in the images section on this Forum that is going to be under one of the following little eye openers.

Criminals don't obey signs. Why should you?
Protect yourself. Exercise your constitutional right.
Don't be a helpless victim.
The bad guys don't have to be the only ones with guns anymore.

Or

Ever wonder why massacres happen in "GUN FREE ZONES".
Simple
Murderers don't obey little signs on the front of buildings
Protect yourself. Exercise your constitutional right.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
Omega_556
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega_556 »

Just a simple "VICTIM DISARMAMENT ZONE"

I wouldn't advocate breaking the law, that wouldn't shine a good light on the pro-gun cause.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

I don't mean to put them on the court house or hospitals. Just places of business that are not legally bound to restrict or deny carry.
There is an 11 to 17 minute response time to a 911 call. You can either choose to put effective rounds on target, neutralizing the threat, or try to find a telephone. The person who killed you while you were dialing 911 will have enough time to cook a frozen pizza before the "Badged Historians" show up to draw the chalk line.
Omega_556
Silent But Deadly

Post by Omega_556 »

I understand that, but what good will it do to preach to the choir?

You want to get your message across to those who are not already on our side. Clearly your not going to get a message across to an anti-gun zealot, the person worth targeting is those who are on the fence.

If you put something that says "Criminals don't obey signs. Why should you?" which advocates carrying when it is clearly posted that the property owner does not want you too just might put the intended target of the message into the anti camp.

You want something that gets the message across, but leaves the reader to come to the conclusion themselves.

That's just my opinion, good luck.
johndoe3
Silent But Deadly

Post by johndoe3 »

I think a funny message (cartoon) without explaining it is a subtle method that will work. It brings a chuckle/laugh and people will think about the irony. It also won't be offensive.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

I went for just the funny cartoon picture without the added verbiage.
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Here are the two I like

steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Here are the two I like

digitspaw
Silent Operator

Post by digitspaw »

steve7478 wrote:I don't mean to put them on the court house or hospitals. Just places of business that are not legally bound to restrict or deny carry.

I wouldn't even do that. IOW, I wouldn't put something like that on someone's private property.
Here in Nevada, only public buildings can restrict carry by signage. Other signage carries no weight as far as the law goes.
For instance, I carry in Summerlin hospital and I carry in my doctor's office and both have signage at the door forbidding guns/weapons on the premises.
I carry anyway because the signage doesn't mean jack s--t from a legal standpoint. They do it as a CYA measure for their insurance.
IF....I were to be made and asked to leave, I would have to vacate the building. If I refuse, they can call the PoPo and have me cited for trespassing.
That's it.

So........why don't you just carry if it's legal and leave it at that? Why do you want to put up something controversial on someone else's property?

Paw

I have a perfect body. It's in the trunk and starting to stink.

NEVADA CCW INSTRUCTOR
steve7478
Silent But Deadly

Post by steve7478 »

Paw

I understand what you are saying. Leave well enough alone, don't rock the boat and all. It is just that there are a tremendous amount of people here that truly think that having a plastic sign that says that "no guns are allowed" really keeps them safe.

I carry the stickers with me and show them more than I post them on store fronts. It is like my ace in the hole during a "no guns is totally safer" argument.

I tell people that if they really want to put up a sign that will keep them safe they should put up a NRA sticker.

I have changed the minds of several anti gunners and secured the position of many more that were on the fence. All by using the simple irrefutable logic found in those simple stickers that I keep in my pocket.

After I am victorious in the debate I give them a set of the stickers so they can share the logic and hopefully sway a few more minds.

The anti gunners are not stopping and with the current political climate it is inevitable that they will gain ground. I just want to be able to do what I can to slow their advance on the destruction of or freedoms.