Beretta 87 photo thread.

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Bertram22

Re: Beretta 87 photo thread.

Post by Bertram22 »

They remove the fixed muzzle cap, thread the tube and replace baffles with your choice of titanium or steel from what I can gather. Then they install a threaded muzzle cap so you can disassemble the can for cleaning. They are currently not offering it on their website however so I would have to order the full Outback IID.

UPDATE:

Just picked up my own Beretta 87, in beautiful condition. :mrgreen:

Questions: :?:

1. I need to buy black plastic grips. Are there Italian and American made grips? Do the Beretta 84 grips fit the Beretta 87? I'll call Beretta tomorrow to ask them.

2. Ive read about TROS and Tornado-Technologies. Any pros and cons to these two barrel extension/adapter companies?

3. Any updates to how I can get an additional barrel for this pistol so I don't have to thread the stock barrel?

Thank you,

Bertram22
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

I got my spare barrel and black grips from Beretta. Just called them up and ordered the parts. I think the grips were for the 84 if I remember right.

Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
Bertram22

Post by Bertram22 »

Wonderful!

Thanks! I'll call Beretta and find out. Too busy today to remember. I did, however, call VZ grips and ask them if they would consider making their line for the Beretta 87 and 84. They said that they are backed up right now but were thinking of making more lines next year. If we can get more of us to call VZ, maybe they will put the Beretta 87 grips into production for some very nice looking Beretta 87's! Call VZ or email them requesting grips for your Beretta 87 and maybe we can get them to make some.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check with Beretta. Still searching for old Italian black grips but no one has responded yet.

The search is half the fun!

Bertram22.

I'll be running my AAC Pilot on mine as well.
Mongo
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mongo »

Mine is not a Pilot but a Slimliter which is 7/8" in diameter thus allowing you to use the standard sights and it is threaded 7/16X28 so there is no thread adapter.
Firearms Engineer for hire on piece work basis.
No job is too expensive :)
http://weaponblueprints.com/
Bertram22

Post by Bertram22 »

I called Beretta. They tell me the 84 grips will not fit but only the 87T grips would fit. Based upon this, I ordered 87T grips from Brownells. Hopefully they are nice and fit well.

Fargo, what adaptor are you using for your Gemtech? Look nice and I'd like to use the same for mine.

Bertram'