P22 w/ Spectre

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

tennvol12345

P22 w/ Spectre

Post by tennvol12345 »

I have a P22 w/3.4 barrel, TI thread adapter, and SWR Spectre. I get light primer strikes with every other round. I fire a round, see it eject, the slide goes into battery loading another round. I pull the trigger and "click", nothing. I check the round and see it has indented the primer but not hard/deep enough for detonation. I tried 4 different kinds of ammo, and 6 different magazines. When I take the can off the gun works without incident. I tried a fieldstrip / relube with no joy. Suggestions?
smcharchan
Silent But Deadly

Post by smcharchan »

Is the slide able to move all the way forward when you have your thread adapter on? Is the transition from the barrel sleeve to the thread adapter smooth (the slide may be catching on the seam when it tries to return to battery)? Is the thread adapter tight?

rsilvers has mentioned reliability problems with the p22 when a heavy can is mounted. I have the same setup you are asking about and do not have the same problem.
chingon
Silent But Deadly

Post by chingon »

I have the opposite problem. When my can is mounted my P22 will work fine, with can off multiple feeding, ejecting problems (TAC 65)
digitspaw
Silent Operator

Post by digitspaw »

I have the same problem as does the OP. Light primer strikes. I'm tagging this thread in case someone has a solution.
I will check to see if the gun goes completely into battery.

I must admit though, I have not had as many malfunctions as I did 200 rounds ago, but I still get them.

Paw

I have a perfect body. It's in the trunk and starting to stink.

NEVADA CCW INSTRUCTOR
tennvol12345

Post by tennvol12345 »

Update: still experiencing the light primer strikes. I have fired 1250 rounds since posting to try and further break the gun in and also tried a AAC mount - no joy. Going to call Walther in the AM and send it in.