Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

User avatar
rsm688
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by rsm688 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Looks like a fun project.



Pallidium, how exactly does that modification allow the gun to fire in FA? I am not realy familiar with the 92 setup.


Did you simply cut the safety and insert a dowel into the middle in order to have a space to allow it to rotate?

User avatar
silverbulletexpress
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 797
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: on the Buffalo

Post by silverbulletexpress » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:01 am

No one heard of the Beretta 93R? Yes that mag is sticking out the bottom and will fit a 92 and I believe this was before the Glock 18 even.:)

Image
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785

Schlafftablett
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:40 pm
Location: Florida by way of PA
Contact:

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by Schlafftablett » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:21 am

I would drill and tap the inner shaft then make a new right selector with a through hole that would allow me to run a screw through to the inner shaft.

Image

WOW! I just realized how old this was...oh well. I hope the conversion went well for you!

GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by GlocksInMySocks » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:10 am

where do you liver where it is legal to do this and how can I get there?
Don't be an internet tough guy...

FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 328
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:54 am
Location: Eastern Panhandle of WV

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by FSCJedi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:42 am

Well, since I didn't resurrect this thread, I don't feel bad for asking... Palladium, any progression on this? :D
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!

User avatar
L34A1
Silent Operator
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: Pompano Beach Florida
Contact:

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by L34A1 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:05 am

I am curious as well. Just received some NIB hi cap mags for the new Beretta carbine/ 92FS.

User avatar
palladium
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by palladium » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Schlafftablett wrote:I would drill and tap the inner shaft then make a new right selector with a through hole that would allow me to run a screw through to the inner shaft.

Image

WOW! I just realized how old this was...oh well. I hope the conversion went well for you!

It's not a bad idea but the mecanic would be complex and I believe too fragile. Thanks for your point of view and your contribution, it is always appreciated.

User avatar
palladium
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by palladium » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Small update:

I've found the solution to the problem. I just don't have enough time to complete it. I'm working on other equally interesting projects, which also include a new Glock selector that will be very exotic and a KAC/92FS slide lock project. But I promise this project will be complete in some time with a video.

User avatar
Blaubart
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 4962
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Bozeman, MT

Re:

Post by Blaubart » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

I love how you can see the loose screw on the handgrip dancing around as it fires in the closeup near the end of the video. (0:48) :lol:
"And by the way, if you're gonna take up a hobby of letter writing, you might want to learn how to spell "writing" you stupid F--k." - Nighthawk re kwikrnu

targetfire
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:04 am

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by targetfire » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:24 am

palladium wrote:Small update:

I've found the solution to the problem. I just don't have enough time to complete it. I'm working on other equally interesting projects, which also include a new Glock selector that will be very exotic and a KAC/92FS slide lock project. But I promise this project will be complete in some time with a video.
Any progress with the 92FS?

Regards.

User avatar
palladium
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by palladium » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:43 pm

targetfire wrote:
palladium wrote:Small update:

I've found the solution to the problem. I just don't have enough time to complete it. I'm working on other equally interesting projects, which also include a new Glock selector that will be very exotic and a KAC/92FS slide lock project. But I promise this project will be complete in some time with a video.
Any progress with the 92FS?

Regards.


I travel a lot because of my work and lack of time. I started to many project at the same time and I find it difficult to finish all. Yes I will finish this project but I do not know when.

Best Regards

Palladium

seba.j
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by seba.j » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:01 am

Hi!
I'm French and I'm searching for 5596162 full auto conversion for my 92FS Stainless Beretta.
I know that's not possible in France, but... :roll: Do you think that is possible to find that? :?:

Best regard

User avatar
palladium
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by palladium » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 pm

seba.j wrote:Hi!
I'm French and I'm searching for 5596162 full auto conversion for my 92FS Stainless Beretta.
I know that's not possible in France, but... :roll: Do you think that is possible to find that? :?:

Best regard

I know there's a company that make this modification but I do not think it is still in production. I saw this kit for sale on gunbroker (website) in united state some years ago. But I do not think this kit is available outside of united state. I never seen this kit for sale on internet.

Best Regards

User avatar
Garrett
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: Western Michigan

Re:

Post by Garrett » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:03 am

NN4S wrote:A waste of time & effort IMO; low magazine capacity and sketchy controllability are inevitable in this configuration...
I did not find that to be the case on the post-sample I played with. They do not rise uncontrollably as some people claim. The 2nd shot is going to hit higher than the 1st. But all subsequent shots in the burst end up in the same area as shot #2. It doesn't take much practice to figure out where this is going to be. By aiming a little low with the first shot, you get a decent grouping with the rest of the burst.

Full-auto pistols are definitely a niche weapon. However, they can be used effectively. While a buttstock helps tremendously, but if you're going to have the added length you might as well use a traditional SMG. But that doesn't mean they are "a waste of time and effort." If nothing else, just look at the number of Glock 18s sold in the past 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5o6lX2_O5E

User avatar
palladium
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Re: Re:

Post by palladium » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:30 pm

Garrett wrote:
NN4S wrote:A waste of time & effort IMO; low magazine capacity and sketchy controllability are inevitable in this configuration...
I did not find that to be the case on the post-sample I played with. They do not rise uncontrollably as some people claim. The 2nd shot is going to hit higher than the 1st. But all subsequent shots in the burst end up in the same area as shot #2. It doesn't take much practice to figure out where this is going to be. By aiming a little low with the first shot, you get a decent grouping with the rest of the burst.

Full-auto pistols are definitely a niche weapon. However, they can be used effectively. While a buttstock helps tremendously, but if you're going to have the added length you might as well use a traditional SMG. But that doesn't mean they are "a waste of time and effort." If nothing else, just look at the number of Glock 18s sold in the past 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5o6lX2_O5E

I like when people speak with their personel experience through videos. Thank you for your video. Very interested !

User avatar
Garrett
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: Western Michigan

Re: Re:

Post by Garrett » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:52 pm

palladium wrote: I like when people speak with their personel experience through videos. Thank you for your video. Very interested !
Actually, after looking around and watching some other videos of people shooting full-auto handguns, the "lack of control" comments appear to have some merit. There are several examples where people really do not have any practical control with the guns.

Or rather it just reinforces the need for for the shooter to use a halfway decent grip and stance. What you can get away with on a semi-auto doesn't always work well at 1600 rpm.

User avatar
Ryo
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:42 am

Re: Re:

Post by Ryo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Garrett wrote:
palladium wrote: I like when people speak with their personel experience through videos. Thank you for your video. Very interested !
Actually, after looking around and watching some other videos of people shooting full-auto handguns, the "lack of control" comments appear to have some merit. There are several examples where people really do not have any practical control with the guns.

Or rather it just reinforces the need for for the shooter to use a halfway decent grip and stance. What you can get away with on a semi-auto doesn't always work well at 1600 rpm.
(from memory) I remember watching a video where they person had a full auto handgun. They placed a fingerstop or VFG to add a grip to control it. It popped or broke off and his hand moved into the line of fire. Only got a nick, but I'm sure it wasn't fun.

User avatar
Garrett
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: Western Michigan

Re: Re:

Post by Garrett » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Ryo wrote: (from memory) I remember watching a video where they person had a full auto handgun. They placed a fingerstop or VFG to add a grip to control it. It popped or broke off and his hand moved into the line of fire. Only got a nick, but I'm sure it wasn't fun.
If it was the one I saw that was floating around the internet a few years ago, it was not "only a nick". The guy shot completely through the meat of his hand, next to his thumb knuckle. He'd be lucky if he didn't destroy a couple of bones in the process.

User avatar
palladium
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Re: Re:

Post by palladium » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Garrett wrote:
Ryo wrote: (from memory) I remember watching a video where they person had a full auto handgun. They placed a fingerstop or VFG to add a grip to control it. It popped or broke off and his hand moved into the line of fire. Only got a nick, but I'm sure it wasn't fun.
If it was the one I saw that was floating around the internet a few years ago, it was not "only a nick". The guy shot completely through the meat of his hand, next to his thumb knuckle. He'd be lucky if he didn't destroy a couple of bones in the process.

Often this type of accident happens with someone with no experience of firearms. The full auto with a handgun carries some risk and we must be cautious. Are you referring to this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11fcg543Jow

here is the comment of the video that explains what this really happened.

I was at a shooting range in WPB FL and this guy shot himself in the hand with a glock 17 converted to selectfire not a glock 18, Now to clarify some mixups, the owner of the gun is not shown, this was a friend of his that was shooting it and yes there was a handle in the area where you would normally attach a laser/light, the gun was not malfunctioning he just kept on tapping the trigger, it was apparently his first time shooting it Finally hit 1,000,000 views!!

User avatar
Ryo
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:42 am

Re: Re:

Post by Ryo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:43 pm

Garrett wrote:
Ryo wrote: (from memory) I remember watching a video where they person had a full auto handgun. They placed a fingerstop or VFG to add a grip to control it. It popped or broke off and his hand moved into the line of fire. Only got a nick, but I'm sure it wasn't fun.
If it was the one I saw that was floating around the internet a few years ago, it was not "only a nick". The guy shot completely through the meat of his hand, next to his thumb knuckle. He'd be lucky if he didn't destroy a couple of bones in the process.
Your probably talking about the same one. Just don't remember the full details. Just kind of remember that his hand wasn't damaged badly, and he was lucky.

User avatar
hedonistic
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1614
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:24 am
Location: Mormonville, USA

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by hedonistic » Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 pm

I used to have a SWD M11/9 the first few times I shot it like a pistol it threw the second round into the next zip code. I am not Todd Jarrett but, I can shoot a handgun faster and better than hundreds of colleges while perhaps 20 have schooled me. My last attempts before I sold it I had a lone wolf comp and a MAC Jack, while not as well controlled as an SMG with a stock it made an amazing difference. I am sorry I let that MAC go, it was about wen the Larg's came out. Before the Larg the MAC was just an amusing toy, after, it became a poor man's uzi. I am of the opinion nearly anything an SMG can do a shotgun can do better, but back when I got to shoot thousands of rounds at Uncle Sam's expense the bigger the machine gun the more fun I had.
Islam is an intolerant, oppressive, social, political, governmental institution that preaches hatred and murder it was created by a man who married a six year old child.

User avatar
ChimeraPrecision
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:40 pm
Location: Behind a Glock22

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by ChimeraPrecision » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:17 pm

This kicks ass, subbed to follow along
Keep calm, and suppress on

ArcticArms
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by ArcticArms » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:10 am

This thread is relevant to my interests.

User avatar
palladium
Senior Silent Operator
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 pm

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by palladium » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi to everyone,
this is a little update on my progress. I finish the beretta trigger bar and the beretta novel trigger bar with solidworks. This is some picture for you. I finish the right safety on solidworks at this time, but is not modified. I'm very close to complet this projet and to make a first prototype.


The Beretta trigger bar
Image
Image
Image

The Beretta novel trigger bar
Image
Image
Image

entee
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Re: Beretta 92 full auto conversion

Post by entee » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:53 am

Guess this died out ? Do you still come on ST Palladium?

Post Reply