Glock of some sort

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

SOT_II
Silent But Deadly
Location: Western MA, Greenville SC, High Point NC, Albuquerque NM

Glock of some sort

Post by SOT_II »

I think it's broke because it has a switch on the side.
CW-MARS - bringing safer and more effective weapons systems to the battlefield faster. ®
silencertalk
Site Admin

Post by silencertalk »

Is that one of those stick-on selectors they sell next to the fake-cell phone car antennas?

I was in You-Do-It electronics and the salesmen talked a guy out of buying a 'passive repeating' cell phone antenna for his house. Yes of course they don't work, but if the store sells them they should sell them. Or stop selling them. Don't even get me started on the fake radar/laser jammers that do nothing and the FTC has not shut them down yet.
SOT_II
Silent But Deadly
Location: Western MA, Greenville SC, High Point NC, Albuquerque NM

Post by SOT_II »

rsilvers wrote:Is that one of those stick-on selectors they sell next to the fake-cell phone car antennas?
Yes, actually it is...and it came with the fake internals also! The wimins love it!

CW-MARS - bringing safer and more effective weapons systems to the battlefield faster. ®
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

Yep, it looks factory alright.

Odd, I don't remember seeing proof marks on G18s before . . . but I wasn't looking for them either.

Is it a US market G18? (sounds silly when I say that)

I tend to shoot "Thumbs High", so everytime I shoot an 18 I get rapped in the thumb a few times . . . self correcting problem
Tugnut
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tugnut »

Why do the rear frame rails have 1/4 moon cuts in them?
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

The Rails on the G18 are a different demention then all the other Glock model, to prevent interchangability of Machinegun parts with pistol parts.

The halfmoon cutouts are probably for debris
chief
Senior Silent Operator

Post by chief »

SOT_II
Have you or anyone else seen any problems with the G18? My G18C has walked out pins since it was new. It also has so much over-engagement that the trigger pull is beyond terrible!! It sucks that Glock will not send out any parts for the G18, not even to Glock Certified Armorers. Now I have to do all the paperwork to send it back.
noiseless
Silent But Deadly

Post by noiseless »

I've put thousands of rounds through G18s and have never had pins walk. That's a tad odd