Beretta Cheetah

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Rob
Elite Member

Beretta Cheetah

Post by Rob »

What is the general consensus of the Beretta 87 Cheetah .22LR? My Warlock paperwork should be back within a month or so (God willing) and I want another .22 to put it on. I have a P22 but I like it less as the days go by. I have thought about .22 conversion kits for several of my other pistols but I never can talk myself into one. Are there other .22s out there that I am not considering? I don't like buckmarks and a ruger MK II is alright but I am looking for something different. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rob
Benton

Post by Benton »

I have read good things about the Beretta 87, but mine was a great disappointment. Light firing pin strikes and failures to feed and eject occurred once or twice per magazine, no matter what brand of ammo I tried. A trip to the factory only resulted in its being returned to me in the same dysfunctional condition. (A service department employee told me that they had fired 10 rounds from the pistol and found nothing wrong with it.)

Its a shame because I thought, and still think, that the Beretta 87 is a great looking pistol and comfortable in the hand. I have trouble thinking of any other products out there that compete with it. I do wish there were more choices in quality .22 pistols. I hear many people speak well of the CZ Kadet, but it is a bit larger than the Beretta 87 and not as attractive a design.
Rob
Elite Member

Post by Rob »

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm a big fan of CZ products but for now I'm thinking that I want a dedicated .22lr. I know that the Kadet can be bought as a stand alone but, you know.