Which thread pitch?

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

rcpd34

Re: Which thread pitch?

Post by rcpd34 »

I'm in the same boat trying to use a 1/2X28 can on my 13.5x1mm 226 bbl. Anyone find a source for an adapter?
FSCJedi
Silent But Deadly

Post by FSCJedi »

rcpd34 wrote:I'm in the same boat trying to use a 1/2X28 can on my 13.5x1mm 226 bbl. Anyone find a source for an adapter?
General consensus I've found from the few firearm machinists I've talked to is that an adapter for 1/2"x28 from 13.5x1 won't work well because their screwing in opposite directions and neither will want to stay tight while firing.
"I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use it." - Matthew Quigley

Keep your powder dry. Molon labe!
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

FSCJedi wrote:
rcpd34 wrote:I'm in the same boat trying to use a 1/2X28 can on my 13.5x1mm 226 bbl. Anyone find a source for an adapter?
General consensus I've found from the few firearm machinists I've talked to is that an adapter for 1/2"x28 from 13.5x1 won't work well because their screwing in opposite directions and neither will want to stay tight while firing.
This is true BUT if you install the adapter on it with Rocksett you won't have to worry about it unscrewing.

I have still yet to see a 1/2x28 threaded factory sig barrel and I have been looking myself!

-B
WasDustyJacket
Silent But Deadly

Post by WasDustyJacket »

Bendersquint wrote:
I have still yet to see a 1/2x28 threaded factory sig barrel and I have been looking myself!

-B
I had a SIG P229 USTB - threaded American threads, but the 9mm barrel is so thin there is little to no shoulder.
The can must index on the muzzle or it will come loose repidly. Mine didd not.

I ended up getting a European threaded barrel because my European piston did index off the muzzle.
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
Big Bore Lover

Post by Big Bore Lover »

Bendersquint wrote:
FSCJedi wrote:
This is true BUT if you install the adapter on it with Rocksett you won't have to worry about it unscrewing.

-B

Try here: http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductD ... eries.aspx
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Post by Bendersquint »

Found a barrel in November, thanks.