Silencer for Ruger 22/45

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

wmdaniel70
Senior Silent Operator

Silencer for Ruger 22/45

Post by wmdaniel70 »

Hello all. What are your opinions on the best silencer for the 22/45 (that I will be purchasing soon!)? Thanks in advance.
Bendersquint
Industry Professional

Re: Silencer for Ruger 22/45

Post by Bendersquint »

wmdaniel70 wrote:Hello all. What are your opinions on the best silencer for the 22/45 (that I will be purchasing soon!)? Thanks in advance.
There are probably hundreds of threads with regards to this very questions. What can is the best 22lr can.

I would suggest at this point to look into an AAC ELEMENT, SWR Spectre, GEMTECH OUTBACK2D and a SILENCERCO SPARROW, those are the top ones out there right now.

Can't go wrong with any of them. Have you considered having an integral made?

-B
wmdaniel70
Senior Silent Operator

Post by wmdaniel70 »

Thanks for the info. I have considered an integerally suppressed .22, but some are pretty pricey. Any experience with ones made by Curtis at S&H, or Norrell? How do the integerals compare to seperate cans? Thanks.
Chuckfw

Post by Chuckfw »

Any update to add some of the newer suppressors? I just bought the Ruger 22/45 lite and own a YHM Phantom ti that is used on my .223 AR sbr. Not too sure about using it on the Ruger handgun and 22 LR. Thanks for updates/information.
black-sheep
Silent But Deadly

Post by black-sheep »

Chuckfw wrote:Any update to add some of the newer suppressors? I just bought the Ruger 22/45 lite and own a YHM Phantom ti that is used on my .223 AR sbr. Not too sure about using it on the Ruger handgun and 22 LR. Thanks for updates/information.
If I was shopping for a new can today I would look at Specter2,liberty essence, sparrow and element.
Do some research on the pros and cons of each can and see what fits your needs but I wouldn't think you would need anything other than what these four cans will provide...
My guess would be most people would want the specter 2 Best balace of price performance and durability its just a little heavy.
Tom in Arizona

Post by Tom in Arizona »

wmdaniel70 wrote:Hello all. What are your opinions on the best silencer for the 22/45 (that I will be purchasing soon!)? Thanks in advance.
I have both an older 22/45 5.5" with sights and Pac Lite top & bottom rails for optics and a 22/45 Mk III 4.5" with just the stock top & bottom rails.

On these I use both a Spectre II and an Octane 45 w/ fixed barrel mount, both from SWR. The sights are usable with the Spectre II but not with the Octane 45. The Octane 45 works with the rail optics on both. There seems to be little perceived sound difference between each. Also use both on other hosts, 10/22's, Chargers and Glock. Spectre II on the Glock with the AA conversion kit threaded barrel.

The Spectre II would be an excellent choice for just 22 rim fire, and the Octane 45 has the advantage of use on pistols from 22 rim fire up thru 45 ACP. I chose those because of the breakdown baffle stack cones that fit in my small ultrasonic cleaner.