easy 9mm commander supressing

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

teneyedoc

easy 9mm commander supressing

Post by teneyedoc »

So, I don't know a lot, there is a ton of info here to dissolve. But, I have decided that I want a 9mm commander for my daily carry. That being said, I'd prefer not to get into a .45 vs 9mm argument. Is it as simple as as ordering a Storm lake barrel that is extended and threaded and dropping it into a 9mm Colt Commander? I plan to order a silencer for it later, but for now I would like to get the pistol squared away so I can begin practicing the extra details carrying a 1911 involve. My backup is a sig p238 in an ankle rig, that is why I'd like to stick to one platform.

Gracias
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken
Silent But Deadly

Re: easy 9mm commander supressing

Post by 1 »

A friend of mine had his 9mm Commander barrel extended and threaded by ADCO. It runs beautifully.
"It's an Airsoft that kills people."
teneyedoc

Post by teneyedoc »

Thanks for the input, that is what I was looking for.

The situation has changed, though. I now have a RIA Midsize (4") Tactical. Can adco extend the heavy barrel on it in the same way the commander barel was extended?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken
Silent But Deadly

Post by 1 »

I have no idea. You'd have to get hold of Steve there to find out direct.

A general rule of thumb seems to have been they can do 9mm barrels but not .45 ones.
"It's an Airsoft that kills people."
csfirearms
Silent But Deadly

Post by csfirearms »

Or buy one from Storm Lake already threaded and ready to go/

CSF
I MAY DIE IN A DITCH, BUT I WILL BE LYING IN A BED OF BRASS!
teneyedoc

Post by teneyedoc »

I'll make some calls and see what can be done...wouldn't you know, as soon as I traded for what I have, a real deal Colt Combat comander in 9mm shows up on one of the local for sale boards...
-H.L. Mencken