Need Help - Ruger Host???

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

thoppe
Senior Silent Operator

Need Help - Ruger Host???

Post by thoppe »

Okay, so I finally picked up my SS Sparrow today and simultaneously placed an order for a PacLite upper. I have a Walther P-22 right now (which I like FWIW) BUT want something more accurate and hear great things about the Rugers.

So... now I need help picking a Ruger... I don't plan on purchasing the factory threaded 22/45 one due to the fact that I've chosen to go the PacLite route but still need some help. Should I go mk2 or mk3 or 22/45? Do folks tend to prefer the polymer frames of the 22/45's with the PacLite uppers or the metal frames on the mk2's and 3's? Weight really isn't too much of a concern for me but didn't know if there was a good reason to choose one over the other.

I plan on making the purchase this weekend so any help is greatly appreciated. If the mk2 seems to be the preference, I can buy it on gunbroker so no problem there. Please help me out.

Thanks!
yamatitan
Silent But Deadly

Re: Need Help - Ruger Host???

Post by yamatitan »

I went with the 22/45+paclite due to weight. If thats not a concern like you said then I would go hold both and see what grip angle you like better.
GlocksInMySocks
Silent But Deadly

Post by GlocksInMySocks »

mk iii or 22/45 is going to be personal preference. You're just going to have to hold them to figure out which you like best. That being said, when I was recently in the same boat I bought a threaded 22/45 and then bought a paclite.
Don't be an internet tough guy...
thoppe
Senior Silent Operator

Post by thoppe »

Thanks guys! I went with the standard mk3 with hogue rubber grips, removed the stupid magazine disconnect safety and installed the volquartsen trigger, sear, and Clark mk2 hammer bushing. This thing rocks!!! :D
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly

Post by Wahnsinn »

Don't forget the slingshot mod!

FYI, great site for Rugers http://www.guntalk-online.com/service.html
sigman226
Silent Operator

Post by sigman226 »

I also am going the Pac Lite route for my MKII. But I also bought a thread adapter for my P22. I love options.
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly

Post by Tango2249 »

thoppe wrote:Okay, so I finally picked up my SS Sparrow today and simultaneously placed an order for a PacLite upper. I have a Walther P-22 right now (which I like FWIW) BUT want something more accurate and hear great things about the Rugers.

So... now I need help picking a Ruger... I don't plan on purchasing the factory threaded 22/45 one due to the fact that I've chosen to go the PacLite route but still need some help. Should I go mk2 or mk3 or 22/45? Do folks tend to prefer the polymer frames of the 22/45's with the PacLite uppers or the metal frames on the mk2's and 3's? Weight really isn't too much of a concern for me but didn't know if there was a good reason to choose one over the other.

I plan on making the purchase this weekend so any help is greatly appreciated. If the mk2 seems to be the preference, I can buy it on gunbroker so no problem there. Please help me out.

Thanks!
Why did you decide on going the PacLite route verses going with a Ruger with factory threaded barrel? Was is because of the weight? I'm also considering picking up a .22 Ruger.
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams
sigman226
Silent Operator

Post by sigman226 »

I mounted the paclite and shot it this weekend with my SWR Spectre...great set up.
dtom29
Silent But Deadly

Post by dtom29 »

The factory Ruger threaded barrel runs great and is as accurate as I can shoot it. To each his own, but I sure wouldn't spend the money on a pac-lite with this available.