Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

Post Reply
User avatar
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Tango2249 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:21 pm

I was at the range today and experienced some feeding problems with my Buck Mark Stainless Standard URX. I have a 4" Tac-Sol barrel and was shooting CCI Standard Velocity ammo.

After approximately 50 rounds, the pistol would fire and eject the spend cartridge, however, the next round would jam and not feed into the chamber. If I racked back the slide it would occasionally feed the round into the chamber, but mostly the front of the round would remain stuck just below the chamber. I was using three different magazines.

The pistol was clean before firing and has a total of about 300 rounds through it. I broke the pistol down and gave it a good cleaning and will shoot it again later in the week.

If anyone has any suggestions or opinions please let me know.
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Bendersquint » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Tango2249 wrote:I was at the range today and experienced some feeding problems with my Buck Mark Stainless Standard URX. I have a 4" Tac-Sol barrel and was shooting CCI Standard Velocity ammo.

After approximately 50 rounds, the pistol would fire and eject the spend cartridge, however, the next round would jam and not feed into the chamber. If I racked back the slide it would occasionally feed the round into the chamber, but mostly the front of the round would remain stuck just below the chamber. I was using three different magazines.

The pistol was clean before firing and has a total of about 300 rounds through it. I broke the pistol down and gave it a good cleaning and will shoot it again later in the week.

If anyone has any suggestions or opinions please let me know.
Without pictures seeing the jams, its hard to doagnose. My buckmark had some newborn issues but doesn't sound like what you are experiencing. Post some pics and we can go from there.

WC
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:33 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by WC » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:33 pm

It was just dirty. I keep a can of Kroil with me for just such situations. My Buckmark will get crud built up back inside the slide under the top strap that includes the rear sight. For best results you gotta remove the top strap and clean the spring/rod and void of all crud. Shooting with a suppressor and CCI Standard I get about 500 rounds with an occasional squirt of Kroil and then stripping/cleaning is mandatory.

User avatar
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Tango2249 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 pm

WC wrote:It was just dirty. I keep a can of Kroil with me for just such situations. My Buckmark will get crud built up back inside the slide under the top strap that includes the rear sight. For best results you gotta remove the top strap and clean the spring/rod and void of all crud. Shooting with a suppressor and CCI Standard I get about 500 rounds with an occasional squirt of Kroil and then stripping/cleaning is mandatory.
There was crud on the feed ramp so I'm hoping that was the problem. I stripped down the pistol and gave it a good cleaning. I will bring some solvent and a brush with me the next time I go to to the range to keep the feed area clean.
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams

User avatar
Wahnsinn
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 1575
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Wahnsinn » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:50 am

It's like on one hand you hope it just needed to be cleaned...but on the other, I would hope that it doesn't need to be cleaned every 50rds in order to function with a can.

User avatar
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Tango2249 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Wahnsinn wrote:It's like on one hand you hope it just needed to be cleaned...but on the other, I would hope that it doesn't need to be cleaned every 50rds in order to function with a can.
I wasn't even shooting suppressed. I tightened everything up and gave it a good coat of oil so I'll see how it shoots tomorrow...
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Wahnsinn wrote:It's like on one hand you hope it just needed to be cleaned...but on the other, I would hope that it doesn't need to be cleaned every 50rds in order to function with a can.
Mine I can fire about 400 rounds suppressed without issues, once over that mark its like the Buckmark KNOWS and starts having hiccups, when cleaning its unreal at how dirty it is, my picks pull chunks of junk out of it!

User avatar
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Tango2249 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Here are some pics of the barrel:

Image
Image
Image
Image

There is a gap between the bottom of the barrel and the feed ramp. Is this normal or did it separate from from the barrel?
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Tango2249 wrote:Here are some pics of the barrel:

There is a gap between the bottom of the barrel and the feed ramp. Is this normal or did it separate from from the barrel?
I can see you have done some dry firing but nothing looks lout of place, I haven't taken my barrel off in years so will gut it tonite and see if mine looks the same, mines a TacSol from about 5 years ago.

User avatar
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Tango2249 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 pm

Bendersquint wrote:
Tango2249 wrote:Here are some pics of the barrel:

There is a gap between the bottom of the barrel and the feed ramp. Is this normal or did it separate from from the barrel?
I can see you have done some dry firing but nothing looks lout of place, I haven't taken my barrel off in years so will gut it tonite and see if mine looks the same, mines a TacSol from about 5 years ago.
I have rarely dry-fired my Buck Mark. Why do you think it has been dry-fired...what can you see in the pics?
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams

User avatar
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Tango2249 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:30 pm

I just spoke with Tac-Sol and after looking at the pics that I sent them, it does show some separation. I am sending the barrel back to them tomorrow and should have it back early next week. I'll post my results after I receive it back and get to the range.
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams

User avatar
Bendersquint
Industry Professional
Posts: 11359
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Bendersquint » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:01 pm

OK wow, I didn't see what before, I was looking at a different part, thats definitely a problem! The third picture didn't load before or i would have seen that HUGE gap.

Willing to be that is your problem!

Glad TACSOL is taking care of it!

User avatar
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Tango2249 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Here's an update: Tac-Sol offered to Next-Day Air a new barrel to me and in return they asked me to ship back (standard shipping) the old barrel. There customer service has been excellent!

Here are some pics of the new barrel. Note the two bottom screws that hold on the feed ramp (my original barrel only had one screw). Tac-Sol must has started using a second screw most likely to help eliminate problems like the one I was having.

Image
Image
Image
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams

User avatar
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Tango2249 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:58 pm

I went to the range yesterday and fired about 300 rounds out of the new barrel that Tac-Sol sent me. Didn't have any malfunctions of any kind. Thanks again to Tac-Sol for there excellent customer service!
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams

Gagtoe
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Gagtoe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Tango2249 wrote:Here's an update: Tac-Sol offered to Next-Day Air a new barrel to me and in return they asked me to ship back (standard shipping) the old barrel. There customer service has been excellent!

Here are some pics of the new barrel. Note the two bottom screws that hold on the feed ramp (my original barrel only had one screw). Tac-Sol must has started using a second screw most likely to help eliminate problems like the one I was having.
I'll have to break mine down and check out mine, I've got the same barrel.

bamachem
Silent Operator
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by bamachem » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Gagtoe wrote:
I'll have to break mine down and check out mine, I've got the same barrel.

Me too. I'm putting an inspection of the Buck Mark on the to-do list for sure.
www.parabellum.us
Type 01 FFL

blackops_1
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:48 pm
Location: NC

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by blackops_1 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Anybody know if the new barrels have 1 or 2 screws? And where one is in stock?

User avatar
Tango2249
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Tango2249 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:35 pm

blackops_1 wrote:Anybody know if the new barrels have 1 or 2 screws? And where one is in stock?
Brownells has the 4" barrel in stock:

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/ ... 3=Browning
“The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” - Samuel Adams

Buzduk
Silent But Deadly
Posts: 739
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 2:13 pm
Location: KY

Re: Buck Mark Feeding Problem

Post by Buzduk » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Tango2249 wrote:
Bendersquint wrote:
Tango2249 wrote:Here are some pics of the barrel:

There is a gap between the bottom of the barrel and the feed ramp. Is this normal or did it separate from from the barrel?
I can see you have done some dry firing but nothing looks lout of place, I haven't taken my barrel off in years so will gut it tonite and see if mine looks the same, mines a TacSol from about 5 years ago.
I have rarely dry-fired my Buck Mark. Why do you think it has been dry-fired...what can you see in the pics?
In one of your pics you can see a pock mark where your firing pin will strike when no round is chambered.
Matt
Form4
01 FFL / 03 SOT
(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/

Post Reply