Which 22lr kit for Glock 17

Questions and answers, photos, videos, and discussion.

Moderators: mpallett, bakerjw

jlwilliams
Silent But Deadly

Which 22lr kit for Glock 17

Post by jlwilliams »

Title says it all. I want a 22 kit for my G17 and there are two that I am aware of. Advantage Arms and Tactical Solutions. The Tac Sol comes with 15 rounders, the AA comes with tens but higher caps are available for both and 10 rounders aren't a problem for me anyway. So with magazine capacity set aside, what other attributes do either kit bring to the table? Does one suppress better? Does one have a better reputation for durability/ reliability? Which company has a better reputaion? Are they both OK? They are close in price too, so I'm looking for a reason to choose one or the other or do I just grab whatever comes up first at the best price?
US Ranger

Re: Which 22lr kit for Glock 17

Post by US Ranger »

The Advantage Arms is a aluminium slide, Tac Sol is a steel slide. The steel slide will feel more like the standard weight.

My wife has an Advantage Arms for her G23, loves it.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand upon. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.
Flipz
Silent But Deadly

Re: Which 22lr kit for Glock 17

Post by Flipz »

The my AA kit that I run on my G34 frame. Functions great suppressed or unsuppressed.